Colonial First State Employee Reviews

Worlds best culture
Head of Brand & Advertising (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 May 2018
The culture was based upon a CEO who had empathy with all employees and was highly visible to all staff. I learned the power of a powerful, accepted, integrated, collaborative and genuine "customer first brand" set of values
Pros
Collabrative environment
Cons
Leaving the team
Professional company, effective procedures
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  NSW North Coast NSW20 August 2017
Security of job, confidence in consistent pay, safe work conditions.
Effective management system that has your back and gets tasks completed.
Great overall.
Pros
Pay, management, hours
Great for upskilling
Business Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 July 2017
A company that helps you develop and there is endless job advancements and even career changes.

Typical day starts with a huddle

culture is always busy and fun events going on
Productive and fun work place. Good environment, friendly co-workers.
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Camberwell East VIC25 March 2016
Productive and fun work place. Good environment, friendly co-workers,Flexible work hours. Exposure to new technical skills make it at good place to work.
great employee benefit
Operation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney City18 October 2015
CFS is under Commonwealth bank, which is rated the best employer of banking. The employee benefit is very good as shares and study support are provided.
Pros
sponsor study and mentor program
Cons
only confined to a small area of a big company
Excellent employer to work for. Professional and great core values
Superannuation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney CBD25 August 2015
Enjoyed working with my colleagues and interacting with different departments and am very passionate about assisting customer’s with their enquires especially face to face. Learning new things every day and that makes you grow with knowledge and experience.
Pros
Flexible work hours, fun environment however very professional
Cons
Huge company sometimes feels like you are just a number.
Great Work Life Balance
Infrastructure Manager (Former Employee) –  Hawthorn East, VIC19 July 2015
Good location as it is just outside the city
Company culture promotes healthy sports activities.
Fantastic colleagues to work with.
Pros
Free soft drinks and fruit juices from the pantry
Cons
Not much career progression
Productive workplace
Financial Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Darling Harbour16 July 2015
I was required to take ownership for all tasks required for administrating the product including but not limited to Fund valuations, queries & distribution process.
Productive work place
Corporate Actions Aministrator (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW13 March 2015
Start work at 6.30am and get all the 7.30am deadlines out of the way. After 7.30am complete my days tasks until finish. Finishing time can be from 3.00pm until 6.00pm.

Co-workers are pleasant to work with and we all pitch in to work together as a team. The hardest part of my job is learning New Zealand tax rules.

Just working with a great bunch of people.
Mutli Culture
adminstration (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA3 March 2015
Very pressured job which I enjoyed, but no support from management when needed, gain a close relationship with all clients, Also learnt a lot about finance,
Pros
greatvworking realationship with clients
Cons
No support from Managerment
Productive work place
Senior Administrator Asset Control (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Autralia1 September 2014
-Providing support to middle office teams
-Close interaction with other operational teams (e.g.corporate actions, trade processing)
-Providing accurate and timely data to stakeholders
Pros
meeting people from all walks of life
Cons
long hours, public holiday work
Productive and busy workplace
Investments Administrator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 June 2014
The role required extensive use of Microsoft Excel and VBA in performing daily asset and income reconciliations. Other duties include, placing fixed interest trades (negotiable certificates of deposits and term deposits) and managed funds trades, allocating income (coupons) and processing maturing investments. Conducting initial review and research of new investment requests from customers before submitting to the investment board committee for approval.
Administrator
Client Services - Financial Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia20 December 2012
• The accurate and timely processing of all administration procedures, including applications, switching, redemptions, transfers, change of details, deceased estates, correspondence, adjustments and reconciliations.
• The ownership of the complete administration process including receipt, verification, processing and confirmation back to the client/financial adviser
• Completing all systems alterations, generating written correspondence and completing all processing requirements and system updates relating to client enquiries, within defined performance standards.
• Pro-active approach in identifying systems/service issues, being innovative towards prospective solutions in a creative and innovative manner as required.
• The ability to work as part of a team committed to the provision of excellent client service
• Participating in a team environment where each Financial Services Administrator takes ownership and responsibility for enquiries (and any subsequent process responsibilities) received from clients, Financial Advisers and others. This includes providing assistance to other team members where specialised knowledge or experience is required
Pros
fast paced, accuracy paramount.
Cons
repetitious
Quality people, quality values.
Specialist Insurance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW 200025 October 2012
We pride ourselves on our values and accountability, at Colonial First State. I have people here, who I can now call life long friends and people that from a professional perspective, could confide in long after I leave CFS.

A typical day would be the case management of insurance queries from advisers and our Distribution teams via email and telephone. Calling on the relationships (Underwriting, Distribution and our Advisers) I have built over my time here, ultimately to get the best out come for the client.

I have learned that respect for your relationships is key and if you know your product well enough, you believe in yourself and your team, there are no obstacles.

CFS Management are Democratic, everybody's opinion matters and are always approachable. We are encouraged to develop and grow as employees and as people.

My team, is a key reason why I go to work every day. We are honest, support each other and not just in the workplace. We are seen by all (internal and external) as a great asset to the company who can be relied on.

The hardest part - not always being able to delivering a good outcome.

The most enjoyable part - the satisfaction of being able to see a strong contribution I've made to a successful project or case/process.