Commonwealth Bank Employee Reviews

Good team environment
Previous -Full-time (Former Employee) –  East Gippsland VIC26 June 2018
Culture of caring for customers
Daily data entry
Team environment
More support from management required
Requirement of meeting set targets
Trying to improve work life balance
Pros
Friendships
Cons
fantastic Job very busy but a great place to learn
Risk Management Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC14 June 2018
fantastic job learnt a lot in all my years there, love the constant training to help advance you within your daily roles.
great people fantastic management, was sad to leave this position.
Pros
training
Cons
very busy daily
Great working environment and culture
AML CTF Analyst (Current Employee) –  New South Wales14 June 2018
Great place to work at in terms of the culture and environment, good career development opportunities, flexible working hours, good work and life balance
Pros
Flexible working arrangements
great career
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  CBD Melbourne13 June 2018
Great company to work for -Leadership has been supportive and provided a great environment to work in. The challenge of a new regulatory framework for banking is causing this company some challenges in its culture but it is still a great company.
Pros
good career advancement
Cons
sydney centric
Great workplace that allowed a fantastic work life balance
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macarthur NSW3 June 2018
It was a great place to work. Especially in my family situation. Allowed a great work family balance. My day included customer service, sales, administration. I worked alongside some great managers, who became great friends!
The hardest part of the job is when a branch is understaffed, and customers get frustrated with staff, when the situation we are experiencing is out of our own personal control.
The most enjoyable part i found was being able to help people with an essential and most important part of their life, their finances.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
Sales Target pressure.
I miss being here
Policy Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney Olympic Park NSW27 May 2018
The work and culture at the office was amazing. Everyone treated others with kindness and respect. My team leader handled the fact that I have a mental illness with grace and understanding and provided steps to help prevent me from being too overwhelmed. I wish I could go back, but I was only a subcontracted temp
Pros
Dress up days, celebrating birthdays/Christmas/holidays, rewarding people for good work
Cons
None that I can think of
It was wonderful experience in Commonwealth Bank
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT20 May 2018
The system is very positive with each member taking care of their responsibilities very well. They are very responsive to all employees as well as their clients. I consider it to be one of the best bank ever to work with. Thanks
Pros
Open to new ideas, good work culture, believe in innovation and well as adherence to compliance.
Fun and relaxed workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia16 May 2018
Working with Comm Bank Australia was a dream come true. As one of the ONLY international student working with them at that time, I was treated so exceptionally well by my manager.
Pros
Career Progression
Work life
Business Productivity Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 May 2018
The bank offers the work life balance that the modern era of the workforce is looking for. However this is very much dependant on the management teams discretion.
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 May 2018
Its always busy however the people, culture and work ethic of all that works in CBA makes it all worth wild.

management is great.
no issues with anyone.
Pros
weekly lunches
Cons
constantly busy
Treasury analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 May 2018
Great team environment and great managers.
Would love to work with them again if the opportunity allows.

Lots of opportunities to move within the company and lots of different types of roles to choose from.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Long hours during monthend and financial year end.
Management was biased
Accounting/Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney CBD/SYDNEY OLYMPIC PARK6 May 2018
Most of my long tenure at cba was good but my last manager developed a dislike for me and I had just got to the role I absolutely loved.
In the end led to my having to resign as did quite of few of my colleagues - the culture was always not pleasant just made the best of it with a lot of friends from all over the business
Pros
Emp share program
Cons
Favouritism by management
Worst Job I ever had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW1 May 2018
The CBA was not a great environment to work in. Rosters were inflexible to staff needs, particularly if you had young children, but if you could not be flexible to work a weekend, there were threats of dismissal.

The KPI's were difficult to achieve resulting in a constant feeling of not achieving your work goals, let alone exceeding them.

The business was blatantly unfair in its decisions towards its customers.

Managers were very young (<25 years old) with little life experience making the management team incredibly weighted towards young single workers rather than having a balanced leadership for an all ages work force.
Commonwealth bank
Customer banking specialist (Current Employee) –  Childers QLD/ bundaberg1 May 2018
it is a good place to work .Sales targarts and kpi is extremely hard to manage , they are wanting you to do everything thing and if you dont get into the right crowd you get blamed for everything under the sun
Pros
employee beneifuts
Cons
blamed for everything
Excellent place to work
Senior Quality Lending and Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  sydney29 April 2018
Best company to work for lots of opportunities and exposure flexibility to work from home. friendly employees, great work incentive for employees and great working conditions and people culture
Pros
work from home and lots of different opportunities
Cons
pay
Awesome Dynamic Workplace, New ways of Working and the teams and people are driven
Technology Architect (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 April 2018
Awesome dynamic workplace almost everything is new, with collaboration tools that work. Meetings are a breeze and it's really easy to get everyone required.
Great teams committed to new ways of working, and delivery.

I love working in CBA and we enjoy a great amount of latitude in how we deliver outcomes.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
no contracting past 2 years.
Strong Frameworks but not bedded down
Operational Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 April 2018
Good to increase your knowledge of Op Risk Frameworks but business and Line 1 engagement in implementation is work in progress, more form than substance
before the law changing is good benefit.
Customers service (Former Employee) –  Haymarket NSW16 April 2018
When I start work was good benefit from government. After I start worked 4 years the laws are change cut benefit, cut holiday,cut sick leave & cut staff.
Pros
No Free lunch
Cons
9am to 5pm
Good Salary, bad culture
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Margaret River WA13 April 2018
Salary is good but the overtime was getting to be too much. Depending on the manager your have the team culture can be good, but can also be very toxic and competitive.
Pros
Pay, benefits, bonus, progression options
Cons
Lots of overtime, pressure
fun place to work, great officers
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 April 2018
Keeping busy always which is great, learned a lot about internal systems, banking processes and client care- internal and external. The hardest part of the job would be many changes and different team managers.
Pros
days in liu if you worked over time
Cons
shifts ranging from 8.00am to 7.00pm

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commonwealth Bank. Our community is ready to answer.