Commonwealth Bank Employee Reviews

Great staff
Bank officer (Former Employee) –  Canley Vale NSW4 November 2018
Working from a smaller branch where staff knew everyone and the work load were evenly share and the branch manager was nice and so as the customers are local business people.
Pros
Quite place to work
Bank officer
Customer Service/Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashgrove QLD31 October 2018
CBA was my first career role. I had progressed through the ranks of customer service up to Assistant Manager. Also doing Branch Manager reliefs.
Sadly my position here was made redundant and I was looking for a new role
Toxic Culture
Customer Banking and Savings Specialist (Current Employee) –  Illawarra NSW26 October 2018
I believe higher up (eg CEO) they have the right ideas, however as management moves down, there is a "highschool playground" culture where it's not necessarily what you've achieved or what you know, it's who you know... The organisation claim to not be about sales and revenue but each morning meeting is all about targets and revenue, and how the branch can get more home loans. There is a lot of encouragement to speak up if anyone feels overwhelmed, or doesn't feel like a process is fair or unclear, yet when someone DOES speak up, they are made to feel like their concerns are invalid and no review or action is taken. There is a lot of pressure with Customer Experience Surveys: 9 & 10 are good, 8 and below is not. KPIs are unrealistic and hours are cut regularly; Tier 2 & 3 branches will not have more than 2 full timers, one of those includes the manager.
The internal reward system is actually great, where staff can nominate each other for points if they feel they have done something outstanding; points are rewarded at Manager's discretion and they are valued point per dollar with a large number of Big retail partners for items or vouchers.
Pros
Internal reward system
Cons
Unrealistic KPIs, Unsupportive management
Its what happens behind the scenes.
CSE (Former Employee) –  Tasmania24 October 2018
Working for the Commonwealth bank does have its perks but when it comes to its own employees sorting out loan applications or credit the bank falls well behind.
When applying for anything yourself you do get a few benefits but the bank treats you like you don't matter.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
When applying for loans or credit the bank treats your like you don't matter.
Cafateria with affordable meals
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW20 October 2018
Friendly cooperative staff.
Hard work rewarded.
Opportunity to work unsupervised but assistance always available from management.
Enjoyed being able to help customers.
Hardest part of any day was having to decline customers request.
Pros
Able to have fun & enjoy the day
Very good work environment
Program Manager /Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 October 2018
Great place to work. Invests lots in modern technologies. Very much ahead of the curve in terms of adapting to latest methodologies and practices. Very widely spread presence.
excellent
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 October 2018
it has been some time since I have worked with this organisation but when I was with them I found them to be both customer and employee focused before profit however sadly I'm not sure if this is still the case as most banks now are all for profit before anything else
overall I don't think we have any job security any job can be offshored at business decision
nothing is secure anymore
Pros
better than westpac
Cons
possible offshoring
Kpis
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 October 2018
KPIs are unrealistic the expectation are also unrealistic.
Management treat you like children.
Its that old story if you suck up you will go High but if you speak up you will be targeted to apply more pressure.
excellent working environment
Client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 September 2018
productive and have the opportunity for continuous improvement. Focus in rendering excellent customer service international and external.
You will gain good experience and character development as well. Nice place to work with.
Positivo
Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia19 September 2018
Fue una experiencia muy enriquecedora y recomendaría a la gente que trabajara en esta empresa
Position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA12 September 2018
My main role was to provide exceptional customer service by adding value to all communications. My other responsibility was to create a weekly report to the management showing the partial and the total revenue made from banking products and the sales results of the customer service representatives in my team, I generated reports in Excel fie to collect and compare the operating results against other Wester Australian branches. I presented the key business information for the branch managers in an easy to read and informative way using a combination of pivot tables and charts that allowed a comprehensive review of the performance as well as support an inform business decisions.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
no work life balance, unsure working hours
Learnt many skills, always something different to do
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 September 2018
There was no typical day at work, I worked in many sections. Each day was the possibility to learn something new, to have a new experience. With the amount of contact made, made a great deal of friends, always something fun going on, Friday nights were always fun. There was no overtime, however the learning experience of every aspect, in the branches and in the administration side, did a lot to broaden my horizons and expand my knowledge. There is more to the Commonwealth Bank than just the financial side, it was well worth the experience. Management always rewarded and looked after hard workers, there is plenty of opportunity for advancement. A great place to work at, would go back there in a second.
Pros
Great atmosphere, much knowledge gained, management very approchable
Cons
No real overtime, but a great deal of benefits
Great for career progression
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St Albans VIC30 August 2018
You develop many skills at CBA and the management is there to support you all the way. They push you to grow so you can reach your goals. Great team work environment, everyone is supportive of each other.
Great culture and benefits
Resource Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 August 2018
A busy and fast-paced environment. A good place to enhance your skills and capabilities with support from management. Great staff benefits, rewards and bonus.
Pros
Supportive management and great staff benefits
Cons
Some roles are limited in Melbourne
good working condition
Customer Service Specialist - Wealth Packaging (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 August 2018
Friendly & easy going colleagues and superviors, who create a good platform for staff to work there. Working as team is very crucial for all organisation. I believe Working alone and working in a group all are needed in different working condition. Of course, I can work well independently, such invoicing and data entry, but also can work within a team, especially in month-end reporting period. Working as a team can get job done accurately and efficiently.
Pros
good working enviornment
Working at CBA is a 4 out of 5

4 stars - Management
4 stars - Job Culture
First ever job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kiama NSW19 August 2018
CBA is where I first learnt customer service and all about the financial world. It was a great supportive environment where I learnt about professionalism, the value of money, and accuracy.
Efficient with incredible facilities and care for employees and customer service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 August 2018
KPI Targets – Multi-tasking - Continuous Improvement – Product Knowledge – ICAL - Building connection with customers – E-Learnings – Team Collaboration – Managing Risk
Pros
Being able to speak with hundreds of customers a week, social committee, monthly town hall
Cons
Long periods of time sitting down
Insurance company
Customer Service Representative (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 August 2018
Comminsure is very micro-managed and very stressful as we are put under pressure and have high targets hence we get pushed from our management team
however great company to work for as you get alot of benefits
Leading Bank - Changing Industry
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 August 2018
Alot has changed over the last 5 years culturally at the bank - largely driven by media and regulatory interest. This has meant that risk mgmt is the key focus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commonwealth Bank. Our community is ready to answer.