Commonwealth Bank Employee Reviews

Have not worked there since 1994
Bank teller/Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas VIC and Keilor branches12 May 2019
Worked at the back priior to moving onto Health Industry.
Work hours were reasonable
hardest part of job was balancing evertyything at the end of the day
Excellent job straight out of school
Business Service Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 May 2019
lot of career progression training is provided. intense concentration on customer service and communication skills. Management is okay, however not the worst out there.
Customer Service Specialist
Customer service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lalor VIC28 April 2019
Greeting the general public, meeting their needs, maintaining their banking, providing product knowledge and general advice, opening accounts, submitting applications. Workplace culture is very much team based. Most enjoyable part of the job was building rapport with regular clients
great place to work
Senior Strategy Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 April 2019
- great place to work
- great, friendly people
- most people very helpful
- work relatively innovative
- risk and compliance focus stifling innovation
- salaries not competitive
Rigid and no room for change
Direct Banking - Multi Skilled Agent (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW23 April 2019
In direct banking there is no room for change and minimal advancement opportunities if you are not willing to sacrifice all personality and join in on their cult like environment. It seems no matter how good you appear to be performing they, management, will find something wrong with what you're doing.
They focus only on keeping the customer happy and use front line agents, such as myself, as punching bags for the bank.
Their strict k.p.i and expectations are not reasonable or able to be met ongoing.
They talk about work life balance but i couldn't even get a half day off to get to an obstetrician appointment when my wife was pregnant and we were getting the gender reveal.
Pros
Just pays the bills
Cons
No work life balance
High volume high pressure
Customer Service Centre (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 April 2019
The Commonwealth Bank is very much focused on numbers; getting the volume in and pushing it out as much as possible which yielded a less than desirable workplace.
Pros
Entry into Finance
Cons
No personal touch
Productive workplace with amazing team environment.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bundoora VIC10 April 2019
Working at CBA has really opened my eyes on corporate structures. I've learnt to always remain calm and patience to make sure customers are treated with the respect they deserved. We had an amazing team, whereby everyone supports one another and a manager who was not afraid to back his staff, when accused by customers of wrongdoing.
Pros
Amazing team environment
Cons
Unachievable KPI targets
Good work place envioronment
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Lidcombe NSW2 April 2019
A very switched on role. Learnt lots of new skills with using different softwares. Had an research and analytical role with lots of new challenges everyday.
But with a very supportive team it was well done job.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
always switched on job
Learning curve about the banking business and got on well with all staff members.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD 435028 March 2019
As it was my first job, I appreciated the assistance in learning about the banking industry. The workplace was very enjoyable and found my niche in office procedures.
Pros
Office procedures and machining.
Cons
Long hours.
Various Positions
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 March 2019
Working for the Commonwealth Bank offered heaps of different departments to further your career, which is what I did whilst working for them. Only left Commonwealth Bank as I was living overseas.
Positive culture, flexible working and lots of opportunities
Operational Risk & Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 March 2019
I had various roles at the Commonwealth Bank which encouraged me to build my internal and external network. Each day was different depending on which project, client or risk I was dealing with.
Good culture of team
General Manager Group Operations Productivity (Former Employee) –  Australia13 March 2019
Our team had a great culture and we worked well together, however within the banks departments there was not the same interaction and support. It become a fight for survival and our team was disbanded due to one General Manager opposing our work in his department
Pros
Good culture of working environment
Cons
Very inclusive environment and a daily fight for survival
Good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney7 March 2019
It has been a really good experience in that you do not only learn the essential accounting skills but also get to meet like minded people as well, which is good for your future career.
Great progression opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 February 2019
CBA is a great place to work if you want to remain in the financial sector. They really try their best to help you learn and progress your career. One thing i'll say is that if your manager is good, it is an excellent place to work. If not then its a bit of a nightmare as experienced by the high turn over rates during my time there.
Sales Forced
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 February 2019
I was expected to pitch a sale to every banking customer, of course worded differently in their approach.

Great Young Culture. Office Building in CBD
Pros
Biggest Company in Australia
Cons
Extreme Sales Focus/KPI's
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW & Burwood NSW21 February 2019
I started here just out of school and stayed there until I had my daughter. I started off in the mail room and then worked in the office working with branches. Then I became a PA working with the top managers organising their flights and accommodation and typing up documents for them.
Pros
Learning something new everyday.
Cons
long days
Pestrá zábavná práce
Korporátní číšník, barista (Former Employee) –  New South Wales19 February 2019
Velmi uspokojujicí práce a skvělej kolektiv. Byl jsem tam velmi spokojen
Great on the job learning
Outbound Home Loan Retention Consultant (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW10 February 2019
The Commonwealth bank is a great place to work if you have other commitments as they are able to arrange different hour arrangements, its great if you have children or attend university as it teaches an individual about everyday finances and how to manage them
Pros
work/lifestyle balance
Cons
workplace culture
Great opportunities
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney Australia8 February 2019
You can go really far at CBA if you're prepared to work hard. In an environment of change and uncertainty, it's a great time to be a part of it. Flexibility is very good at the organisation.
Stability
Bank Officer / CSA (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT6 February 2019
To work in a Big company is a plus, but comes pressure and status quo. Depending on the manager, but speaking for my Team Manager was great and fun. Flexible and supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commonwealth Bank. Our community is ready to answer.