Community Connections Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Community Connections Australia Employee Reviews

I learnt a lot working in the disability field, for example bowel care, catheter care, working with challenging behaviours, and use of hoists.I ended up completing my certificate 3 in diability and was able to get a lot more experience about disabled clients.I also completed my work experience in a day program.
Poor communication from management. Supervisor resigned and I heard about it from clients instead of office staff. Still have no idea who supervisor is. No performance review even though I've worked 2 years. No adherence to contract except if it's in their favour. Most office staff hopeless. No-one available when you need them. Incredibly rude if you have to cancel a shift day before (I was violently ill)
Working individually or partnered. Can be challenging however if you’re capable and willing to work with people, and enjoy helping people. Great company to work for.
I had a very good time working on Community Connections Australia. As a part of the team member I have learn working collaborated and efficient. I have learned how to deliver a safety and quality care to patient.
The best place I have ever worked the team is only happy to help you do your job efficiently but also effectively. Many hours available for the right people. Great clients too spread all over Sydney. Great variety with each and every shift. I would recommend applying with this heartfelt company.
I felt I didn't get a lot of support or proper mangement whilst working as a parttime Care Worker. The salary was great for the fir st 4 years, as soon as staff resigned and new staff commenced in the company, i found my work hrs very spontaneously and unexpectedly dwindled down to just 4 hrs a fortnight. The same excuses i got was there was no more work left to give you!!... I knew of course this wasn't true. I was treated very unfairly as I was training other worker's on the job ....without been offered extra salary for putting myself into my utmost perfection in the job. I was given clients on a regular basis part time basis .. when i got abused by the carer whom lived there of the client whom i was looking after.. the company didn't give me any moral support or bothered to lok into the situation being quite threatening and violent. I had no problem with the staff or team carers i worked alongside but the management of Community Connections treated me very unfairly and unjust. I had been a long term employee in the company and I should had been treated with more respect.
Pros
wage is good parttime if they give you work!
Cons
alot of difficult people to work with in the managemnt of staff