COMMUNITY LIVING OPTIONS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

COMMUNITY LIVING OPTIONS Employee Reviews

Was there a year found no support for staff or given any feedback on work performance rosters were meant to be rotate that didn't happen didnt even ask if you were available shifts were added to you roster without asking staff were just a number as long as they got the shifts filled no consid we ration for the staff
Pros
enjoyed working with the client and sraff
Cons
Staff not supported
Shambolic company which take several weeks to acknowledge grievances/complaints and makes no effort to resolve said grievances. Uses Covid-19 as an excuse for poor/non-existent hours yet advertises for more positions. Provide sparodic working hours and deletes shifts without any forewarning. Dismissive tone or ignore emails concerning client or employee mental wellbeing. Doesn’t provide constructive feedback despite asking for feedback on several occasions. Toxic company which only has one agenda; making money. People are secondary, especially clients and lowly support workers.
Cons
Incompetent management, apathetic culture, doesn’t provide additional traing, non-responsive, spout mistruths
I enjoy helping people and meeting people from all walks of life. My job is extremely rewarding. I feel very happy to be a part of CLO. I feel supported and there is opportunity for advancement.
When working for CLO it is made clear to support workers that you are a pawn they can move around to sites without consultation. Unbelievably poor management and consultation procedures for staff that directly affect their lives, income and family. Literally the worst management structure I have ever worked under. Are more focused on completing required NDIS paperwork/procedures than delivering person centred support. Will continuously place casuals with clients that have anxiety over meeting new people or working with particular genders, then permanent support workers are left to clean up the emotional mess. Coordinators are stretched too thin and do not have adequate time for client related matters. They often work well beyond their allocated hours without pay. Training and professional development is joke. Training for a particular subject is a 2-3 hour affair read of a powerpoint by unqualified people to talk on each matter. Professional development paperwork occurs just so they can tick a box saying it was done. If you are planning to work passive shifts please consider other companies that pay you much better for your time. The only positive is working with good peers and building relationships with clients.
Good place to work for, Team work essential, I work in a great team and a good client to work with. CLO provides a lot of training for the staff and there is the opportunity to progress in the organisation if you desire so.
Truly awful employer! One of the most lazy, dishonest, and non-transparent employers I have ever worked for. Very obvious discrepancy between the attitude, pay and working environment of front line staff and more senior management. HR staff completely useless and most in this department, twenty five and under. Very strange work culture, where clients, go missing (e.g. I was sent to a clients house five times in a row, only to eventually get out of his senior coordinator, that nobody had seen this client for near on two months) Sent to client houses that were on the other side of Adelaide, despite making it very clear, I only wanted work in the Northern Suburbs (was eventually told that their is only one client in the North, the rest being either in the West or South of Adelaide (the complete opposite was told to me, during the recruitment process) Most senior staff not qualified in anything above a cert IV level, even senior manager of disability has no formal qualifications in either community services or social work (despite being the person who oversees the organisations case management team) being sent to clients homes where the clients have turned off the power, are extremely abusive, won't allow staff in the door or threaten suicide on an hourly basis. Going to homes that are filthy and where there is hoarding/squalor and animal hoarding and finally not being paid correctly for shifts completed or complaints made by other staff or managers, that are false, untrue or just plain veracious. High staff turnover and extremely poor morale.
Pros
Not there any longer
Cons
Not there any longer
Excellent system for recording work hours and payment processing. Plenty of extra shifts to cover should someone need more work. Excellent training and additional support to improve performance. I found that it was a bit hard to be in close contact with who was actually in charge of the operation at times and sometimes would receive conflicting information from staff and the management. CLO has excellent record keeping practices and regular staff meetings. Very friendly and very switched on when it comes to community support. An inspiring group to work with and a privilege I found the experience to be mostly enjoyable.
They were a great company in so many ways just need to move on and need more family work balance . They were great to work for over the years I have done with them.
i like working with CLO as i am working here for long now and i know most of staff and clients. Trainings and PDP's conducted here is very helpfull for staff
Pros
Parties and Annual general meetings all over the year
Cons
good hours
As a team leader I faced many challenges which is why I enjoy this role. I worked alongside some very motivated and passionate people who shared the same passions as I in providing the best outcomes for the clients in our direct care. The hardest part of this role is accessing funds and opportunities suited to the individual. I have learnt many things in this role including ways to assist people who have a personality disorder. I have gained more experience in a supervisory role also
Pros
Salary sacrifice
Cons
unsuitable hours for staff and clients