Compass Group Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Compass Group Australia Employee Reviews

you need a strong back an lots of energy to survive here. There is a supportive culture with staff members. You will learn alot about how a successful busy kitchen is run.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Stressful
If you’re looking for career growth then this is the company.If you don’t think your manager supports you, speak to your recruitment team or HR rep.Compass Group recognises hard work and a great attitude.
Pros
Career growth
This company has the most toxic culture from top to bottom. You have to say yes to every demands of the management or you get shown the door. They do not practise what they preach so doing the preliminary online assessment is an absolute waste . Absolute bunch of bullies. The higher management curses and treats you like dirt. They are all about their bonuses and openly tell staff that they are lucky to have jobs.
Pros
Cons
Stressful and no work life balance
I worked for this company for over 2 years. I was bullied by management and was given no opportunity by HR to have it rectified. They live in a "boys club" mentality so as a woman in a management role it was extremely difficult to even be heard. there is no opportunity for movement within the company. They manage you out the door if they don't like you. I will never work for this company ever again and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Horrible from the time I started to the time I quit, just HORRIBLE.
Pros
I am currently working as a chef at Warabrook age care Newcastle looking for a new position. Poor management can’t even order the right or enough ingredients for the days production then tells you to improvise with the ingredients you have. Some kitchen equipment is in Poor condition and the rate of pay is very low 22.75 per hour for a qualified chef
Pros
Day work
Cons
Poor hourly rate
Fun environment and was made to feel welcome by current staff. Long hours but plenty of support from management & team. Always encouraged to do new tasks
Compass Group is a great workplace. I would always prefer working at the Compass Group. The team and management has got one of the best people. They are supportive and caring.
Barrow island is a great place to work. hard work but rewarding High standards good management support fun activities to do at work and through the camp
A typical day at work begins with "pre-start", a run down on the expected events for the day ie: number of clients to be expected which could include training groups on site or away up to 300 people. Maintanence or safety issues that have been reported and these sessions are always hosted by management. Chefs would then give handover to those starting shift and there would be discussion on what prep needed to be completed prior to service or for the next day, each team (breakfast/lunch or dinner) then began their prep constantly collaborating on the menu and ensuring each team member was on top of their tasks. I have learnt that as a team we are all responsible for the completion of tasks safely and in a timely manner helping one another where necessary. We are all reponsible for managing the completion of shift paperwork including temperature monitoring of food and allergen reporting and all end of shift cleaning and recording. We enjoy each others company and accept that each person has unique skills to share and are happy to do so in a safe environment without harassment or prejudice.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Compass Group Australia?
I have had an interview with compass for a perm position but was not successful even though I've worked as a former employee for 6 cursor 7 I had a good working condition with compass and never had any problems with my superior good ppl to work with
Compass Group management are very broad thinkers and whilst think what is best fr the company also keep the employees needs in mind. Very supportive & many support services for staff to access
Good timing easy to follow routine checks good help available salary great food prep and clean up very well organised. On site training very well organised and teaching
Pros
Certificates
Cons
No willing to train new from old
I have learned so many skills from this job, Good work place to grow.So busy peace environment with lots of facilities with Very organised management Team.
I had the unfortunate pleasure of being placed in a team where the culture was "work yourself to death and we'll do everything possible to make it harder". I was in a position that was a high workload but manageable with the support from the other 2 members, but the company decided that a team of 3 doing the work of 4 only needed to be a team of 2 doing but also decided to do this during the busiest period the company had faced to date. So the workload almost tripled and they sacked one person but did not replace them or even give us even casuals for support. Working 60-70 odd hours per week and paid for 38 made for serious impacts at home. When I was hired I informed them that my child was due in a few months and that I would need to work from home for 2 weeks doing non-standard hours when it happened, which was agreed on by the team leader, HR & department head. During this period I was informed that my commitment & availability was not satisfactory (even though I was still working a total of 10-12hrs per day, just at night instead of day) and I was given my notice of termination over the phone...
Minimum pay for a FIFO plumber doing 2/1 roster. No real pay structure. Doesnt matter been there for 5 days or 5 year same pay rate. Recommend only going on as a casual, as youll struggle to take holiday anyway and if you call in sick 34hrs before a flight they will try and charge you for the price flight. On site mangers are awesome always there for staff and client. Off site mangers and planners act as if they are better then in field staff.
Failed to pay agreed hourly rate,a chef producing around 1200-1400 in a 7.5 hour shift a day was paid $22.70 per hour, and the staffs who were packing the meals paid more than the production chef.
Pros
Mnc
Cons
Paying Peanuts
Casual staff are great, but management are misogynistic, entitled and only care about themselves. So unprofessional, especially hate it when they are called out for their unfair treatment of staff, will go out of their way to undermine/bully you.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
management
Bad place for work, low pay and work split shift ,It was ok when Serco Sodexo Things change when Compass takeover Company forget we as worker need to live too, not only management ,working splitshift and total 8 hrs,
Working for Compass can be a challenge but it will also be rewarding for those who put the time and effort in. You will meet lots of new people and your time off is your own.
Waist of time. Poor Management, No career advancement, Very Stressfull place to work. Little pay and fortnightly. They don't give you the right tools to do your job properly. They expect you to do too much work for little money.
Absolute ideal place and work. Perfect for work life balance, especially for working mothers. Fun place to work for. The people are friendly. You can progress in your job. Love it here!