Compass Group Australia Employee Reviews

Worst company I have ever worked for!
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT24 June 2018
Staff are not paid overtime but are expected to finish the job requiring an extra hour of unpaid overtime on a 3 hour shift.

Staff are bullied into going part time so that they can save money but they wont pay you sick leave and often deny you paid leave.

No thanks is ever given to any staff.

Company pays the min award.
Pros
Cons
Unpaid overtime
Productive workplace with many opportunites
CLEANING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Burpengary QLD11 June 2018
I transferred from working at the mines to join Delta FM on another Project and have gained so much experience and worked with some great people and an all round great place to work.
Pros
car, phone and computer
hard work for minimal pay
Cleaner - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA26 May 2018
you work hard and are kept busy, which for me is a good thing, however to work with other team members that don't adhere to the requirement of the business and management doesn't make changes to improve team situations. Pay is very low for what you do, youre expect to do two peoples job for almost minimum wage. lack of support in regards to well being, or job loss due to change over, loss of client contract.
Pros
star awards- recognisation of staff that go above and beyond
Cons
lack of support from management
It was fine while it lasted
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 May 2018
Its A Company that you can grow in many sectors. The time i had with Compass Group was good while it lasted. I made some good contacts and learned lots. I don't think I could do a long-term stint with large organizations. Personally, it gets a bit monotonous.
Great for younger Chefs to get a leg up in the industry.
Pros
Work/life balance, free meals
Cons
No filtration when recruiting Management, Just recruit, low pay for senior Chefs
Good Company who do care about their employees
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Healesville VIC29 April 2018
Management very good, very hard work but excellent workplace culture, fast paced working environment which I loved, all courses paid for with Certificates, Health and Hygeine and Catering Assistant Courses
Pros
Staff discounts with company for entertainment
not good
TECHNICIAN SPINAFEX VILLAGE, YANDI MINESITE (Former Employee) –  Newman WA21 April 2018
This company does not know how to manage people there are the worst company I have ever worked for and will never have a nice thing to say about them .
safe, friendly environment
Laundry Worker/ cleaner (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 April 2018
in my time at compass, i worked in an age-care facility called mecwacare. it was a good environment. i loved interacting with the residents and listening to their stories.
Pros
residents
Cons
not enough hours
I was very young and was quickly given the leadership tasks across numerous events and functions
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA11 April 2018
A great place to work the environment was constantly changing. I was given responsibility which I embraced and enjoyed. No function or event was the same so I had to adapt and meet and teach new people by debriefing and allocating tasks and areas.
Supported Work/Life Balance
HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milsons Point NSW4 April 2018
Supports Work/Life Balance
Challenges with all HR/ IR dealings
Enjoyed the challenge
Positive work culture - the most impressive benefits offered by the company.
Pros
Work/ Life Balance
Cons
Company Re-Located to McMahons Point
Housekeeping is my type of work and I enjoy it very much
Utility Worker,Cleaning rooms at a Motel (Current Employee) –  Curtis Island QLD3 April 2018
Over the last 18 years I have been out doing and enjoying housekeeping. I have just had a little bit of time to myself and I am ready to get up and go again. But I am very worried if I am even going to get chance because not to many places employ anyone over 50 years old today and another thing is if you don't have a license because all jobs I want to put in for says you have to have a drivers license and I don't think that is right.
Great company to work for.
Kitchen Hand/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 March 2018
Compass group is a great company to work for with a variety of sites, private schools, nursing homes and major companies that rely on compass that employ the right people for the right job, such as chefs, kitchen hands, cleaners, baristas. Compass group is Australian wide and worldwide company . They also provide training with OH&S updates as well as PPE to there employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The hours can be long.
Buena
sub chef (Former Employee) –  Casino lan14 March 2018
Muy buena nada que decir en cuanto a lo administrativo y sistema de pago fue excelente nada que decir
Pros
Empresa seria y respetuosa
Cons
Malos manejos de jefatura
Not a bad organisation to work
Catering Manager/Relief Chef manager/Chef (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 March 2018
I worked for Compass Group for over 14 years and found it enjoyable and challenging .Cooking for large quantities which I enjoy and that they have jobs in all ares like Prisons, sports stadiums , Hospitals, aged care Air ports cafes ,resturants
fun
Logistic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mosman NSW20 February 2018
working with compass group great,working as store ,store person driving buggy roaming around all outlet thats best part of job..some time busy period have to lift heavy stuff..but overall all good
Pros
logistic supervisor
Cons
retail
Started well but has gone down over time
Chef/Cook (Current Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW18 February 2018
The original Commercial Support Company was SHRM and were a pleasure to work with Compass group took over in about 1997 and started well but with what was regular changes in managers it has gone backwards to a level of them and us. I need to break away from that environment.
Pros
Cons
Keep your mouth shut and your ears open
Chef / Manager / Everything else!
Chef (Former Employee) –  VIC14 February 2018
Expecting too much from you, in this very demanding role..

Chasing up all the policy and procedures / OH&S etc, etc.... from 3 companies - including ESS, for whom i worked for.

Duties in the role increased significantly once i started full time, that were not mentioned in the job description.

All the cooking and all the office work / budgeting, banking etc, had to be done by myself.

Staff backstabbing was rife. Staff taking sick days was constant - which were very hard to fill, mostly leaving us understaffed. Management using bully / pressure tactics to reduce all staff hrs, but to increase mine! including doing weekend work, all the while being on a LOW salary..

This job was done by FIFO's before me who were being paid $120k+!!
No wonder they didn't want the job!
Pros
Free lunch and coffee
Cons
Long hours, pressure tactics
Utility/ Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Blackwater QLD4 February 2018
some employees were fantastic some weren't. Management were not about helping the employees. typical day was serving grouchy miners who had no respect for anyone
Neglectful Management
Sales processing (Former Employee) –  Virginia QLD1 February 2018
A typical day at work was constantly going between jobs to keep up with the lack of staff.
The hardest part of the job was finding enough time for a break.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Aggressive manager
Love my job
Cafe Attendant (Current Employee) –  Gosford NSW27 January 2018
-love my job
Love the chicks I work with
Love the atmosphere
Love working with coffee
Love my customers
Hate the parking
Not enough hours
Love my boss
Pros
Hours
Cons
My workmates
Not a reliable place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 January 2018
If upper management knew what they were doing it would help this business immensely.
They have no idea how to run a Medical Centre and procrastinate over everything.
ALL staff are constantly worried that the management will sack you for no apparent reason

Not a happy place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group Australia. Our community is ready to answer.