Compass Group Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Compass Group Australia Employee Reviews

Australia189 reviews
Compass Group is a fun and great place work. I would always like to work at Compass Group.
Compass Group is a great workplace. I would always prefer working at the Compass Group. The team and management has got one of the best people. They are supportive and caring.
Special place
Barrow island is a great place to work. hard work but rewarding
High standards

good management support

fun activities to do at work and through the camp
Unique fun workplace
A typical day at work begins with "pre-start", a run down on the expected events for the day ie: number of clients to be expected which could include training groups on site or away up to 300 people. Maintanence or safety issues that have been reported and these sessions are always hosted by management. Chefs would then give handover to those starting shift and there would be discussion on what prep needed to be completed prior to service or for the next day, each team (breakfast/lunch or dinner) then began their prep constantly collaborating on the menu and ensuring each team member was on top of their tasks.
I have learnt that as a team we are all responsible for the completion of tasks safely and in a timely manner helping one another where necessary.

We are all reponsible for managing the completion of shift paperwork including temperature monitoring of food and allergen reporting and all end of shift cleaning and recording.

We enjoy each others company and accept that each person has unique skills to share and are happy to do so in a safe environment without harassment or prejudice.
Good company
I have had an interview with compass for a perm position but was not successful even though I've worked as a former employee for 6 cursor 7
I had a good working condition with compass and never had any problems with my superior good ppl to work with
Very good place to work
Very good working environment, professionalism within management team, looks after staff and their safety. Helps to grow your skills and self-esteem. Accepts and appreciate every culture.
Supportive & proactive
Compass Group management are very broad thinkers and whilst think what is best fr the company also keep the employees needs in mind. Very supportive & many support services for staff to access
Easy starts
Good timing easy to follow routine checks good help available salary great food prep and clean up very well organised. On site training very well organised and teaching
Pros
Certificates
Cons
No willing to train new from old
Good workplace
I have learned so many skills from this job, Good work place to grow.So busy peace environment with lots of facilities with Very organised management Team.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Compass Group Australia?
Pretty toxic workplace
I had the unfortunate pleasure of being placed in a team where the culture was "work yourself to death and we'll do everything possible to make it harder". I was in a position that was a high workload but manageable with the support from the other 2 members, but the company decided that a team of 3 doing the work of 4 only needed to be a team of 2 doing but also decided to do this during the busiest period the company had faced to date. So the workload almost tripled and they sacked one person but did not replace them or even give us even casuals for support. Working 60-70 odd hours per week and paid for 38 made for serious impacts at home. When I was hired I informed them that my child was due in a few months and that I would need to work from home for 2 weeks doing non-standard hours when it happened, which was agreed on by the team leader, HR & department head. During this period I was informed that my commitment & availability was not satisfactory (even though I was still working a total of 10-12hrs per day, just at night instead of day) and I was given my notice of termination over the phone...
Good leg up into fifo, not a career
Minimum pay for a FIFO plumber doing 2/1 roster. No real pay structure. Doesnt matter been there for 5 days or 5 year same pay rate. Recommend only going on as a casual, as youll struggle to take holiday anyway and if you call in sick 34hrs before a flight they will try and charge you for the price flight.

On site mangers are awesome always there for staff and client. Off site mangers and planners act as if they are better then in field staff.
Failed to pay agreed hourly rate,a chef producing around 1200-1400 in a 7.5 hour shift a day was paid $22.70 per hour, and the staffs who were packing the meals paid more than the production chef.
Pros
Mnc
Cons
Paying Peanuts
Do not work for compass.
Casual staff are great, but management are misogynistic, entitled and only care about themselves.
So unprofessional, especially hate it when they are called out for their unfair treatment of staff, will go out of their way to undermine/bully you.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
management
Work life balance is poor, split shift
Bad place for work, low pay and work split shift ,It was ok when Serco Sodexo
Things change when Compass takeover

Company forget we as worker need to live too, not only management ,working splitshift and total 8 hrs,
Hard work but interesting
Working for Compass can be a challenge but it will also be rewarding for those who put the time and effort in.
You will meet lots of new people and your time off is your own.
Not Worth the Money
Waist of time. Poor Management, No career advancement, Very Stressfull place to work. Little pay and fortnightly. They don't give you the right tools to do your job properly. They expect you to do too much work for little money.
Flexible and fun workplace
Absolute ideal place and work. Perfect for work life balance, especially for working mothers. Fun place to work for. The people are friendly. You can progress in your job. Love it here!
Happy to be in this company
Because I’m happy working with them, I’m always looking forward for my next shift, very grateful for this company. The worked is not stressful, Colleagues are great and the manager is very nice.
I did have bit fun working their just last around what happened went wrong. I got upset last minute around than I quit that end.
I was just getting excited when it came up. When the budget came in 2005 that what came true then for me. That how I got back to then and that what came true for me. I need work places give me chance and have ago. Since off work for while I have been little stress for while.
Poor culture top level management too heavy
Employers do not consider experience and customer service skills in employees
Just count them as numbers

Take shortcuts in order to cut costs at the expense of the workers
Great Management with free foods
Only drawback is that you get below average market rate but the managers I have are very friendly and accomodating.
You can get as many hours , and You can get Casual hours from their Casual Pool system
Look elsewhere
If you want to be bullied by a chef that supervises you and is allowed to take drugs, if you want to work in an environment where fifty percent of the people are immature, pick here. Not only will you develop stress, you will wonder why you even signed up in the first place.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group Australia. Our community is ready to answer.