Compass Group Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Compass Group Australia Pay & Benefits reviews

Good timing easy to follow routine checks good help available salary great food prep and clean up very well organised. On site training very well organised and teaching
Pros
Certificates
Cons
No willing to train new from old
Minimum pay for a FIFO plumber doing 2/1 roster. No real pay structure. Doesnt matter been there for 5 days or 5 year same pay rate. Recommend only going on as a casual, as youll struggle to take holiday anyway and if you call in sick 34hrs before a flight they will try and charge you for the price flight. On site mangers are awesome always there for staff and client. Off site mangers and planners act as if they are better then in field staff.
Failed to pay agreed hourly rate,a chef producing around 1200-1400 in a 7.5 hour shift a day was paid $22.70 per hour, and the staffs who were packing the meals paid more than the production chef.
Pros
Mnc
Cons
Paying Peanuts
Waist of time. Poor Management, No career advancement, Very Stressfull place to work. Little pay and fortnightly. They don't give you the right tools to do your job properly. They expect you to do too much work for little money.
Only drawback is that you get below average market rate but the managers I have are very friendly and accomodating. You can get as many hours , and You can get Casual hours from their Casual Pool system
Well I been that Kitchen for 7 Years. And I have done lots of different style work skills stuffed. I have done slots of working places and different skills.
Good
Bad
I have just quit Compass after 8mths because when you DIDO for me it was 9hrs driving in the beginning. They are forever messing up accommodation, 3 times now for me. Wages are minimal for the amount of work expected of you. Never paid my bonus which is owing, and wages always wrong or late. Management in Queensland and now WA is totally incompetent and never there to assist staff. Paperwork is horrendous and expected to do on your time.
Pros
Cons
Heaps
As an experienced qualified chef I hoped to make a difference by joining Compass Group. Upon resigning I was disillusioned, burnt out and quite frankly appalled at the quality of workmanship from fellow chefs and the non existent professionalism from so called managers and the ah hem, management team (old adage, there's no I in team). Hire unqualified chefs....pay them low wages and wonder why the results are disappointing with high staff turnover. No care from these 'chefs', no inspiration/leadership/discipline from highly paid senior chef who played with the computer all day while subordinates slaved to reach unattainable targets. Severe lack of qualifications. Jobs for unskilled, inexperienced and image obsessed mates at management level and nepotism rife at base level. WHS not complied with, horrific breaches were commonplace, communication non existent except for the usual bully boy tactics. Stress cascades down from leaders at Head Office through to the scurrying mice Area Managers down to the overloaded Site Managers. Quality leaders/staff end up rejoining the outside world of hospitality leaving gaps that cannot be filled. Resultant situation of much outsourcing of apparently 'green' friendly food items with a massive carbon footprint, suppliers/supply chain not interested in quality just the lowest agreed price for the lowest quality raw food items....folks, you're eating this rubbish at venues around Australia, target levels aren't met, KPI’S aren't achieved, business initiatives lack spark and are woefully behind contemporary hospitality directions/trends - more...
Pros
Stable employment
Cons
Low wages, awful management hierarchy lacking any direction
Unfortunately has no other option to rate them below one star. Over twenty years working in hospitality industry and never received such offer they made. My expectation was clearly expressed under their mandatory requirement of application process and believed was taken under consideration as application progress further. Surprisingly an offer made below kitchen hand wages after completion and fulfilling all requirements. As per my observation none of their advertisement has ever disclose any salary cap nor discuss before or during the recruitment process.
Paid: They pay award rate but they would try to negotiate as much as they can, you finally get lower paid than you are entitled. Work load: The work load is not clear and very depends on the relationship between you and the managers. You will have to do lots more extras just because somebody is being lazy. Self development: Unless you are the managers, you will get a chance for some training, otherwise you are just a pair of hand. Management: Direction, timeline, goals are always be changing, you don't know what you should achieve. Culture: Between the employees are okay, people feel unstable for the job due to the vibe created by the managers.
Pros
Correct paid (but still try to negotiate to pay you less than you are entitled)
Cons
Unorganized and unstable work environment
You will get bullied to go into a part time position. You will get bullied from Chef Manager to work extra hours with no overtime. You will get no support and get ignored if you speak up.
Pros
Cons
Expect to do more than your role requires.
Staff are not paid overtime but are expected to finish the job requiring an extra hour of unpaid overtime on a 3 hour shift. Staff are bullied into going part time so that they can save money but they wont pay you sick leave and often deny you paid leave. No thanks is ever given to any staff. Company pays the min award.
Pros
Cons
Unpaid overtime
Its A Company that you can grow in many sectors. The time i had with Compass Group was good while it lasted. I made some good contacts and learned lots. I don't think I could do a long-term stint with large organizations. Personally, it gets a bit monotonous. Great for younger Chefs to get a leg up in the industry.
Pros
Work/life balance, free meals
Cons
No filtration when recruiting Management, Just recruit, low pay for senior Chefs
Supports Work/Life Balance Challenges with all HR/ IR dealings Enjoyed the challenge Positive work culture - the most impressive benefits offered by the company.
Pros
Work/ Life Balance
Cons
Company Re-Located to McMahons Point
Muy buena nada que decir en cuanto a lo administrativo y sistema de pago fue excelente nada que decir
Pros
Empresa seria y respetuosa
Cons
Malos manejos de jefatura
Expecting too much from you, in this very demanding role.. Chasing up all the policy and procedures / OH&S etc, etc.... from 3 companies - including ESS, for whom i worked for. Duties in the role increased significantly once i started full time, that were not mentioned in the job description. All the cooking and all the office work / budgeting, banking etc, had to be done by myself. Staff backstabbing was rife. Staff taking sick days was constant - which were very hard to fill, mostly leaving us understaffed. Management using bully / pressure tactics to reduce all staff hrs, but to increase mine! including doing weekend work, all the while being on a LOW salary.. This job was done by FIFO's before me who were being paid $120k+!! No wonder they didn't want the job!
Pros
Free lunch and coffee
Cons
Long hours, pressure tactics
-love my job Love the chicks I work with Love the atmosphere Love working with coffee Love my customers Hate the parking Not enough hours Love my boss
Pros
Hours
Cons
My workmates
exciting place to work and friendly staff learned a lot i refer this place 100 percent to most of u who are looking for a job pay won't be that high which is reasonable in hospitality
The people I work with are reliable and hard working, however not appreciated by management. Constantly having to do extra hours and made to feel unappreciated. The more I do for these guys the more I have to do.
Pros
Equal Time off
Cons
Long hours with no Recognition, and constantly getting calls when on R&R
12 hour days, always busy, time management skills, organizational skills, great amenities; gym, bar, ect, communication and working in a team environment, management excellent.
Pros
Free accomodation, food and transportation
Cons
long hours, weather, work load
FIFO is a great lifestyle . good company , pay is good , people are great , team oriented . long hours . everything is supplied on site like meals rooms flights . food is great
Pros
great life style
Cons
long hours . politics . bullies with the team