Compass Group Australia
Compass Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Compass Group Australia Employee Reviews

Australia281 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Found 281 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,983 reviews

Staff value

Lack of value in the staff, fair treatment.They have lot policies about good workplace environment but it in fact doesn’t happen in the reality. Issues are not addressed regarding the policies, it is depends of the head cheg or manager.

Good

It was really excellent every people were kind work was super easy. There payrates, benefits are really excellent i definitely want to recommend to other friends who looking for other jobs.

A good salary, good place to work at if there isn't much to do, can be very tiring sometimes.

It's a really good place to work at if u have a car of course since u work as an all rounder, u get rostered in different areas of course by choice. the work can get quite draining especially when some people call in sick. and at some location u get really short shift.

Hard to work for

Very toxic kitchen. Management not supportive. Snobbish culture. They hire inexperienced chefs. They don’t look after their people. They only care about themselves. Very selfish and self-centred culture. Dinner service only have 2 chefs when I left. Uncompetitive supervisors. Inexperienced sous chefs. Not a good place to work. (Warrawandu) Salary is not competent. Horrible experience.

Cons

Horrible managers

Management don't listen to employees

Management was ridiculous , one would tell you one thing then the next manager tell u not to . Would only recommend the lifestyle not the company poor pay

Pros

Made amazing friends

Cons

14 days is too long

The did video interviews and sent emails, I didn’t speak to a person once during interview process.

Very poor company to work for, the worst communication -but I am also taking into account the people on site I was sent to (because nobody from compass spoke to me via phone or face to face during the hire process)

Pros

Food covered

Cons

Bad communication Long hours Impersonal

Compass is good.

I was happy with them. They are easy to please, quite simply do your job. They have so many different sections. Cleaning, cooking, maintenance and mining to name a few. So if you end up wanting to change your job, you can simply do a course and still be employed by the same employer. You can also travel to many places around the world if your looking for that kind of thing.

Pros

You can travel to other countries if you want to, or stay in one place.

Cons

Experienced company to work for

I’m excited to be able to possibly work with compass after my pre employment medical was done I wan to work for a global company and make it my one and only job to stay at and learn as much as I can about the company and give it my full commitment to succeed working with compass

Pros

Good camp food

Cons

Less hours

Lots of hours.

Management are disconnected from the employees and will fail to reply to messages, requests or pass on information.I wanted to volunteer for the Minesite rescue team, which my supervisor needed to sign off on, sadly they just binned it.Other employees were fired with the incident swept under the rug.There is a game of favorites going on... And they really don't care if an employee quits, you are just a number in the system.They don't even care if you do your job properly or on time, many workers spend the entire day sitting on a phone.Some people also earned twice as much as you did for doing the same task.

Pros

Good people.

Cons

Long hours, terrible management, terrible rate of pay, no career, no progression, no flexibility, no employee benefits, no communication.

difficult being away from family, money isn't worth it

every employee of Compass ive met have complained about wages , I see why now , I could earn the same living in perth doing 8 hr days and no weekends , lift ya game compass

Pros

some nice people

Cons

long hrs 12 per day, miss family

Find a better Benchmark Group

Working @ a reasonable level in Trying conditions FIFO, is a given. Collaborations are a given. Managements are Variable. Some reasonable, some creating Unrealistic expectations. Tracking of Staff availability/ Locations - Lacklustre. Company Optimism is NOT borne out in Reality. Corporate 'Box Ticking', whilst real Actioning is M.I.A. Conscientious workers get Used up, without genuine considerations. The Joining of Ideas & Real Business Modelling by most Metrics is a 'random event'! Leverage of any lack of Protocols are biased towards workforce. Safety training Matrix dropped in a hole, without due tracking. Individuals in 'Management', are the only Redeeming Factor! Work Colleagues, like ALL Systems, are what keep THE Systems Operational.

Pros

Over All Crew Compatabilities - This is NOT a Company initiative.

Cons

A PROPER Corporation

compass group

compass group Australia are a fantastic company to work for. it's professional and high quality for exceeding expectations sets them apart from they're competitors, it's a high pressure industry and not for the faint hearted. but very rewarding if you can handle the pace .

Do not work for compass group

Company does not care about you or your mental healthy. Management sit around do nothing. Compass does not spend money most of the time you have no tools, chemicals or machines to do your jobs properly which in the end will cause injuries. Compass group approach to safety is one of the lowest in the world. Don't think for 1 second this company will look after you. They do not care about you or any of your problems and they do not want to help you. Be a better worker they are very very happy to replace you with a new worker that has no idea what they are in for.I worked here for 10 months in three different roles The two biggest problems compass group faces very very poor mismanagement favouritism and lack of spending money to make workers safer. Penny pinching to make CEOs richer sitting back in their chairs laughing their way to the bank. At your expense.

Pros

Food, shower, bed, electricity flights paid for

Cons

No Wi-Fi, very slow congested 4G. No work life balance. Very unhealthy food being served at meal times long

Amazing

They still haven’t got back to me yet but ess is amazing I would love to work for ess again perhaps offshore as I currently work for Sodexo but they don’t have full time rolls available

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No job offer

Fast paced

The amount of work that you did they did not pay enough and the way they set your payslip out did not make sense. There was always complaints from losts of employees

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Overworked underpayed

Happy staff ,Fair work load

Can be very busy at times but generally work load is achievable. Wages are average but definitely better than working in normal full time job doing split shifts.

Pros

Full time work, Reasonable wages

Cons

Some time stressful, Being away from home.

Eye opener

Difficult to adapt to remote work if you single parent, casual adapting to each camp is a skill in itself, own room,good food, gym, free wifi . Can be isolating 2 weeks on one week off work life balance is difficult

Pros

Gym, food

Cons

Long hrs

an allround good company to work for

time frame was the hardest part of the position working within the bounderies to ensure every aspect was up to standard in and around the position that i was given

Supportive Company.

There is a lot of training and support. The kitchen is state of the art with a big emphasis on safety. They even had anti cut gloves. Plenty of uniforms if you need it. There is free food and opportunities for learning new skills.

Pros

Free food, friendly staff, excellent management

Cons

Only during the school term

Good team to work with/very poorly organised with swing

Started job after being told swings would be regular 2 on 1 off, and that there was plenty of work for the near future, which I made sure to triple check as I was leaving another job to take up this role.After my first 2 week swing, I had to wait another 2 weeks before I got my next one, despite me chasing up with head office everyday. With my second swing, my flights weren’t scheduled for the morning I was supposed to leave, and ringing head office to find out what was happening was a shambles, as they could not tell me why they haven’t sent me my itinerary. They were at fault in the end because they didn’t send me inductions I had to complete before going to site.This ended up costing me 2 days of work for my swing which I wasn’t paid for. Since then it’s been almost 2 months and I have not been offered another swing (seems as if you have to keep chasing up with them constantly)

Pros

Free food/accommodation

Cons

Lack of integrity with recruitment/unorganised with shifts/dishonesty with work agreement

Professional service in teamwork environment

Very much enjoy the business minded approach to our business with the client BHP we provide pristine presentation to all mine sites, hospitality is excellent

Pros

Good crew

Cons

Long swings away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Compass Group Australia
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?