Corrs Chambers Westgarth
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Corrs Chambers Westgarth Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
I was employed in the catering department as boardroom waiter. After 3 years of employment I was was told I have no longer a job which I loved. As from 10/7/2020 From another catering company which took over. I loved my job at Corrs Melbourne and loved the people I served on a daily basis. I thought I would be there for many years to come
Pros
lovely people
Cons
no comment
Overall good company with a nice culture and beautiful people. Very diverse and professional somewhat latest technology but needed to move on to more advance and up to dated technology.
Very old school law firm, based on the idea that the partners are like overlords and everyone else is there to serve them.
If you're under 6 years qualified, you're seen more like office equipment then a human being.

Partner didn't respect me as a person and I thought I was to be available 24/7 to suit his every whim. After it became obvious that the work wasn't urgent but rather I was slaving to make the partner look good, I moved on to another firm.

If you want to work in a very old school law firm that doesn't have much innovation then this is right for you.
Pros
Looks good on a CV, opens doors, 5 weeks leave
Cons
Long hours, toxic work environment, competitors offer better deals
I’ve been with the firm for a couple years and I enjoy coming to work. The people are great and the work challenges me and keeps me engaged.
There is also a level of work flexibility, which is great.
Pros
Flexibility, Culture
I love the team I work with, people and social culture are great. However, as a legal assistant, you are the bottom of the barrel. Legal Assistants are not valued, have a high turn-over rate and are expected to work well beyond their means - often until they are stressed, run down and sick to the point they HAVE to leave to keep their sanity!! Also, very limited flexibility/opportunities with work-life balance.
Pros
Nice offices, good people/social culture
Cons
Poor management/un-caring managers, poor attitudes on flexible working
Fast phase environment
IT Technical support, customer service (phone and face to face support), learned different applications that are being use by the firm.

People are friendly and professional, always looks smart.

The hardest time when one technician is away, IT can be flooded with IT inquiries, therefore, we priorities and enjoy the challenge.

I enjoy my work daily, I enjoy serving users with different IT inquiries, makes my day valuable and challenging.
Pros
Each Month we have a Village Drink
Cons
When there is a new system integration, most technician are required to participate
Good opportunity for young law students; work comes and goes if a casual; co-workers are variable and environment can feel impersonal; best to use it as work experience and then find another job.
Pros
Looks Impressive on CV
Cons
Lonely Working Environment
A traditional law firm with a strong working culture that has its sight set on being work class. Great mentoring programs that helps an individual reach their full potential.
Pros
CBD location, investment in personal development
Cons
Work life balance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corrs Chambers Westgarth. Our community is ready to answer.
Corrs Chambers Westgarth Reviews by Location