Corrs Chambers Westgarth Employee Reviews

Looks good on a CV but toxic work environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney31 March 2019
Very old school law firm, based on the idea that the partners are like overlords and everyone else is there to serve them.
If you're under 6 years qualified, you're seen more like office equipment then a human being.
Partner didn't respect me as a person and I thought I was to be available 24/7 to suit his every whim. After it became obvious that the work wasn't urgent but rather I was slaving to make the partner look good, I moved on to another firm.
If you want to work in a very old school law firm that doesn't have much innovation then this is right for you.
Pros
Looks good on a CV, opens doors, 5 weeks leave
Cons
Long hours, toxic work environment, competitors offer better deals
Great people and working environment
None (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 June 2018
I’ve been with the firm for a couple years and I enjoy coming to work. The people are great and the work challenges me and keeps me engaged.
There is also a level of work flexibility, which is great.
Pros
Flexibility, Culture
Professional Lawfirm
IT Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 June 2017
Fast phase environment
IT Technical support, customer service (phone and face to face support), learned different applications that are being use by the firm.
People are friendly and professional, always looks smart.
The hardest time when one technician is away, IT can be flooded with IT inquiries, therefore, we priorities and enjoy the challenge.
I enjoy my work daily, I enjoy serving users with different IT inquiries, makes my day valuable and challenging.
Pros
Each Month we have a Village Drink
Cons
When there is a new system integration, most technician are required to participate
Good Opportunity - Underwhelming Experience
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 August 2016
Good opportunity for young law students; work comes and goes if a casual; co-workers are variable and environment can feel impersonal; best to use it as work experience and then find another job.
Pros
Looks Impressive on CV
Cons
Lonely Working Environment
Productive and fun place to work
ACCOUNTS (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC17 November 2014
A traditional law firm with a strong working culture that has its sight set on being work class. Great mentoring programs that helps an individual reach their full potential.
Pros
CBD location, investment in personal development
Cons
Work life balance