Cosmetics Plus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cosmetics Plus Employee Reviews

Australia23 reviews
Fun and safe place to work. enjoyed it while i was young. The team and managers were great and i enjoyed learning about body piercing. Over all was treated well during employment.
Its all about the people you work with and this is an environment I would never want to come across again. It was a very negative vibe. Inconsistent. Favouritism.
Pros
The pay was alright
Cons
To many to list
Easy working job, quite laid back a amazing work place to be around kind people, amazing pay for my age, the things I do is stock, register work and piercing work.
Cosmetics plus is probably the best company I have ever worked at. Everyone is supportive of one another, I was warmly welcomed and brought into the crew from the minute I started working there. There is no gossiping, always just laughs and good times.
I learnt how to up sell products and the basic of piercings. the hardest part of work for the job was learning the technology but after a few shifts I began to understand it better
awesome people to work with - unfortunately managers are disrespectful. and progression within the company is hard unless your favoured by said managers
Pros
good staff to work with
Cons
managers are disrespectful
I was going through a bad break up with depression and anxiety lingering over my head, this was definitely not the place to work when suffering a trauma.
Pros
good team
Cons
couldn't handle it
Typical work day - come in start your day by dropping bags in back room, making sure all mobile devices are off and begin ask manager what there is to accomplish in today.
I have learnt a lot of things being in this industry. In regards to cosmetics, sales, items per sale.

Workplace was fun and friendly

Hardest would be when its a busy day, there was no two register just one.

Just being able to talk to clients each day, helping them out with what they need.
Pros
Great Advertisement
Cons
I’m all Cosmetics plus was definitely a fun social environment, and appealed to a wide range of customers. Having a body piercing service in store also enabled me to excell and be creative in a new skill and qualification.
Pros
Fun, diverse and social
Cons
Manager of that store was not ethical.
A typical day at work included merchandising, serving customers & helping with client needs.
I learnt how to politely & professionally talk to customers, how to used a register & how to merchandise store items.

Management were professional & kind (mostly)

The workplace was filled with a light & fun atmosphere, but there could be conflict at times.

The hardest part of my job was trying to satisfy a Regional Manager that would belittle you and your abilities.

The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfying customers.
Pros
fun professional atmosphere
Cons
Not so nice HO staff and minimal hours given
Best workplace i have ever worked. Most amazing staff and great work ethics, taught me so much about upselling and every skill i needed to know to work in retail
Management and staff rosters were all over the place.....no fixed management.....very poor way of letting people go( roster no shifts to people and then refuse to answer their calls messages)

I would never work for cosmetics plus again
The opportunity to work with new products and a wide range of customers. The ability to keep up with new beauty and fashion trends.
My first place of employment was at Cosmetics Plus Strathpine. Here is where I learnt how a workplace operates and began my profession towards performing customer service.
I was recognised as a efficient, reliable, easy-going employee and was offered to work at other busier stores such as Chermside and North Lakes, all located in North of Brisbane.

I was offered lots of opportunities here such as becoming a body piercer and store assistant manager but unfortunately I had other priorities at that point in my life.

I loved the team and customers at Cosmetics Plus and would now still return and give high recommendations for any one interested in employment with them.
Pros
Great management and staff, great hourly rate, discounts, involving creativity
Cons
Quiet periods between holidays
Fun work place with plenty to do at all times, management was supportive.

Area Manager was rude and abrupt and didnt like anyone so that was one bad thing about this company.
Pros
%30 of store wide
Cons
Retail Hours
I have been working with this company for 4 years now and I am eager to start a new place in the work force
I am a extremely hard worker and always complete my tasks quickly but thoroughly

I believe my work ethic and bubbly personality will be a value to your team
worked with a great team. Typical day was just like any other retail company. Customers were the number 1 focus. Learned a lot working here. How to deal with customers, how to delegate tasks. I always had awesome managers to work with. The most enjoyable part was coming to work and seeing my cooworkers faces
Straight up would not have left if I didn't immediately have to move 2 hours away and was told there was no possibility of being transferred.
Excellent people, run very well. Was incredibly keen to become a piercer but as stated above, had to leave suddenly.

Loved the 30% discount and the fact that I could do pretty much whatever I wanted with my hair and makeup. The uniform was super comfortable even!

The hardest part of the job was not having enough hours and the fact that I didn't get the chance I craved to advance. But I loved that I worked full days instead of shifts.

Worked with some of the loveliest people I have ever met.

Working here was an absolute joy.

My day at work consisted of placing stock, general cleaning, assisting customers enquiries etc., booking in for the piercer, informing people about their piercings and after care and legal requirements, customer service (checkout), stock display, checking the needle count for the piercer, general tidying, open and close of the shop.
Pros
great people, great boss, great job all round
Cons
not enough days work, didn't get to stay long enough to get advanced
restocking shelves, rearanging shelves, customer service, general cleaning, money handling.
how to comunicate with customers

management was terrible

co-workers were immature

dealing with the boss

dealing with customers
Pros
keeping up with cosmetic fashion.
Cons
co-workers
some days are very dead we sometimes hardly get customers which gives us more time to concentrate on re-merchandising the store and restocking and packing more items, but we concentrate on our customers meeting and greeting everyone who comes in. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and conversate with them.
cosmetics plus has great staff and friendly customers. i loved working there. my dream job.
Pros
the friendly staff
Cons
minimum wage