Cosmetics Plus Employee Reviews

typical retail store
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helensvale QLD16 May 2018
I was going through a bad break up with depression and anxiety lingering over my head, this was definitely not the place to work when suffering a trauma.
Pros
good team
Cons
couldn't handle it
Cosmetics plus, is a fun enviroment, easy going, great to learn from.
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD14 February 2018
Typical work day - come in start your day by dropping bags in back room, making sure all mobile devices are off and begin ask manager what there is to accomplish in today.
I have learnt a lot of things being in this industry. In regards to cosmetics, sales, items per sale.
Workplace was fun and friendly
Hardest would be when its a busy day, there was no two register just one.
Just being able to talk to clients each day, helping them out with what they need.
Pros
Great Advertisement
Cons
A fun upbeat place to work and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Retail Assistant/Body Piercer (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD29 December 2017
I’m all Cosmetics plus was definitely a fun social environment, and appealed to a wide range of customers. Having a body piercing service in store also enabled me to excell and be creative in a new skill and qualification.
Pros
Fun, diverse and social
Cons
Manager of that store was not ethical.
Fun but slow days with over staffing issues
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD1 July 2017
A typical day at work included merchandising, serving customers & helping with client needs.
I learnt how to politely & professionally talk to customers, how to used a register & how to merchandise store items.
Management were professional & kind (mostly)
The workplace was filled with a light & fun atmosphere, but there could be conflict at times.
The hardest part of my job was trying to satisfy a Regional Manager that would belittle you and your abilities.
The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfying customers.
Pros
fun professional atmosphere
Cons
Not so nice HO staff and minimal hours given
Best place
Body Piercer (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg22 June 2017
Best workplace i have ever worked. Most amazing staff and great work ethics, taught me so much about upselling and every skill i needed to know to work in retail
Very Poor communication
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Gravatt QLD27 December 2016
Management and staff rosters were all over the place.....no fixed management.....very poor way of letting people go( roster no shifts to people and then refuse to answer their calls messages)

I would never work for cosmetics plus again
Fun workplace
Store Manager - Clifford Gardens (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD13 March 2016
The opportunity to work with new products and a wide range of customers. The ability to keep up with new beauty and fashion trends.
Creative, Friendly and professional workplace culture.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strathpine QLD1 March 2016
My first place of employment was at Cosmetics Plus Strathpine. Here is where I learnt how a workplace operates and began my profession towards performing customer service.
I was recognised as a efficient, reliable, easy-going employee and was offered to work at other busier stores such as Chermside and North Lakes, all located in North of Brisbane.
I was offered lots of opportunities here such as becoming a body piercer and store assistant manager but unfortunately I had other priorities at that point in my life.
I loved the team and customers at Cosmetics Plus and would now still return and give high recommendations for any one interested in employment with them.
Pros
Great management and staff, great hourly rate, discounts, involving creativity
Cons
Quiet periods between holidays
Productive Fun Workplace with employees
Sales Assistant/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba, QLD7 August 2015
Fun work place with plenty to do at all times, management was supportive.

Area Manager was rude and abrupt and didnt like anyone so that was one bad thing about this company.
Pros
%30 of store wide
Cons
Retail Hours
hard working
Full Time Store Manager (Current Employee) –  perth wa27 May 2015
I have been working with this company for 4 years now and I am eager to start a new place in the work force
I am a extremely hard worker and always complete my tasks quickly but thoroughly
I believe my work ethic and bubbly personality will be a value to your team
assistant manager
2IC (Former Employee) –  Chermside8 March 2015
worked with a great team. Typical day was just like any other retail company. Customers were the number 1 focus. Learned a lot working here. How to deal with customers, how to delegate tasks. I always had awesome managers to work with. The most enjoyable part was coming to work and seeing my cooworkers faces
Fun place to work with great people.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Lakes19 August 2014
Straight up would not have left if I didn't immediately have to move 2 hours away and was told there was no possibility of being transferred.
Excellent people, run very well. Was incredibly keen to become a piercer but as stated above, had to leave suddenly.
Loved the 30% discount and the fact that I could do pretty much whatever I wanted with my hair and makeup. The uniform was super comfortable even!
The hardest part of the job was not having enough hours and the fact that I didn't get the chance I craved to advance. But I loved that I worked full days instead of shifts.
Worked with some of the loveliest people I have ever met.
Working here was an absolute joy.
My day at work consisted of placing stock, general cleaning, assisting customers enquiries etc., booking in for the piercer, informing people about their piercings and after care and legal requirements, customer service (checkout), stock display, checking the needle count for the piercer, general tidying, open and close of the shop.
Pros
great people, great boss, great job all round
Cons
not enough days work, didn't get to stay long enough to get advanced
crusie retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  bundaberg14 July 2014
restocking shelves, rearanging shelves, customer service, general cleaning, money handling.
how to comunicate with customers
management was terrible
co-workers were immature
dealing with the boss
dealing with customers
Pros
keeping up with cosmetic fashion.
Cons
co-workers
It was really good, all staff members got along and we managed to make budet because of the good customer service.
Sales Asisstant/Body Piercer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD8 April 2014
some days are very dead we sometimes hardly get customers which gives us more time to concentrate on re-merchandising the store and restocking and packing more items, but we concentrate on our customers meeting and greeting everyone who comes in. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and conversate with them.
cosmetics plus
sales assisstant, 2IC, body piercer (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg, QLD5 June 2013
cosmetics plus has great staff and friendly customers. i loved working there. my dream job.
Pros
the friendly staff
Cons
minimum wage
I had a good time learning about the retail industry
Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay 8 May 2013
Happy to discuss with interested employers.

I was new to this industry & found the hours quite different to what I had with previous employers.
A productive but fun workplace.
Body Piercer / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield QLD17 April 2012
Working within this company gave me satisfaction and appreciation for working with a great team.