Costa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at Costa: Costa Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

All right

I’m glad to work in costa, supervisions are nice to backpackers.and we had friendly work environment, but I want a work which work more hours one week .

Not really good place to work

You work mani hour for not that much money ,and sometime they don’t respect the rule . Veri long hour without taking break ,just 30minut break after 5 hour work then no more break until afteroon mean another 5 or 6hour work .

Turn off your brain, don't ask questions and just do your job.

Very disappointing workplace, Management is a significant problem and a massive turnover of employees and staff is the result. Wages are set by EBA and are only average, but have a 2.5% increase every year. Unfortunately all jobs are full time casual and very low chance of becoming permanent employee. Jobs are generally very repetitive and require working in the elements.

Pros

Get to meet lots of people backpacking from around the world

Cons

Management, working in the rain

Previous season was a pleasure to work in this section and many of the workers returned. After this season's display no workers wish to return

There is a person in Management who caused people to go on 'stress' leave due to this persons 'Bully' tactics. Higher management was/is informed and still to this day nothing has been done to correct this problem. Your company asks for a review from me, which I personally find in appropriate at this stage in time. In all my 45yrs of work experience I have NEVER come across a more horrific situation that in appropriate behaviour is still to this day being let carried out. This is why I am seeking work elsewhere. The workers that I employed this season worked under daily stress awaiting this other Manager to interfere, and I being only casual and a Assistant Manager.

Pros

This season there was no pros for the DC workers

Cons

Worker was pulled up for having lunch, told get back to wk. In doing so had accident resulting to workcover.

provided drinking water.

good place to work. I appreciated the hard work and what is required working in such conditions. The bosses were also good guys.

Steadfast Business Support

I really enjoy a fast paced office environment, meeting deadlines to produce a team result for the business and its clients/customers.

Pros

Flexible Conditions

Cons

Supportive

waighing mushrooms

I have only had this job for two weeks, Has a good vibe to it and seems like a busy factory.so far I really like it, but there isn't enough hours.

Pros

close to home

Cons

no hours

fun workplace

fun workplace, but some older machinery break downs can extend the day more than pleasingly. variety of work performed on different days, which make the job more interesting. We grow mushrooms.

Pros

4 ten hour shifts/week, so you extra time for your own stuff.

Cons

machinery break downs can mean very long days on occasion.

Very passionate work place to work for.

Was responsible for all domestic orders the leave out sheds, fresh produce, resposible for all domestic invoicing. Daily orders entered Great people to work for the hardest part of my job was the deadlines and pressure but was very changelling but rewarding at the same time The passion the company has for the business.

Pros

The passion we have for the business

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Costa