COUNTRY GROCER Employee Review

View all COUNTRY GROCER reviews

Great family like business
Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Spring Island, BC9 May 2019
This company is a great example of community involvement. It also has an awesome reward system for employees that helps with the expensive cost of living on the island. The owner is approachable and listens to all concerns. Only thing that stands out is to watch when being hired that all promises are met. Lots of incentives but unless really reminded they don't follow through. Great staff and awesome customers.
Pros
discounts, gift awards
Cons
low wages

Other COUNTRY GROCER Employee Reviews

Staff are good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC5 September 2019
The shifts are unpredictable, constantly changing. Sometimes get 6 or 7 in a row with no overtime because they are in different pay periods.
Good music.
If you need full time you have to put up with the changing shifts and not being home for supper but good job for student.
Pros
Medical, xmas party
Cons
Closing shifts and early morning shifts back to back
amazing workplace
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Cowichan, BC27 August 2019
my typical day at work was overall very productive. I learned how to use and clean a meat slicer on my very first day. The management were very welcoming and supportive from my very first day to my final shift. the vibe in the workplace was always upbeat and positive.