COUNTRY GROCER Employee Review

View all COUNTRY GROCER reviews

Staff are good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC5 September 2019
The shifts are unpredictable, constantly changing. Sometimes get 6 or 7 in a row with no overtime because they are in different pay periods.
Good music.
If you need full time you have to put up with the changing shifts and not being home for supper but good job for student.
Pros
Medical, xmas party
Cons
Closing shifts and early morning shifts back to back

Other COUNTRY GROCER Employee Reviews

Good place to work.....until
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chase River, BC13 October 2019
My hours were put to zero and had to leave.

They worked around my schedule pretty good which I appreciated, the salary is more based on the amount of hours you put in instead of actual skill which is Okay. I guess. It's a family owned company therefore you can expect high levels of nepotism which was Okay. Management was pretty competent most of the time and made sure the store didn't collapse. The Culture was interesting because the co-workers were good people for the most part but they seemed to be very cliquey which is Okay. Overall a good place to work until budget cuts and hiring random rather incompetent supervisors instead of keeping part timers on in the grocery department.
amazing workplace
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Cowichan, BC27 August 2019
my typical day at work was overall very productive. I learned how to use and clean a meat slicer on my very first day. The management were very welcoming and supportive from my very first day to my final shift. the vibe in the workplace was always upbeat and positive.