Country Road Employee Reviews

fast paced and kpi targets to reach everyday
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hoppers Crossing VIC16 September 2018
i liked working at the country road group warehouse because i worked in the mimco department and it was fun trying to reach our kpi targets everyday and most of the time me and the other teams members would get target
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
heat conditions
Fun workplace
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA7 March 2018
Great place to work at with a heap of benefits including working in a team, great discount and easy 'on the side' job.
Its nice when I have returning customers wanted more help purchasing clothes, and also great to see new faces coming in the store.
Pros
Discount
Cons
On your feet all day
Excellent place to work, lovely staff.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD8 January 2018
Overall positive experience with the company and staff, Their products are exceptional quality and have been an exceptional australian brand for many years. The staff i worked with are nothing but the best group of women i have the pleasure of working with.

The management are supremely supportive and professional.
A fair management team, good support and generous benifits
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Western Australia21 August 2017
A great company to work for, great for keeping up with the forever changing fashion world by being apart of it. Working in men's women's and children provides flexibility with customer types.
Pros
Clothing allowance every quarter
Cons
6pm is a bit too late to finish
Good people to work with
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 May 2017
As I was only there on work experience I can't really give much feedback on what it's like to actually work there.

From what I gathered the people who work there are all very easy to get along with and helpful.
Discriminates against university students' availabilities
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 June 2016
Extremely discriminating. I am a university student, studying full time and they knew this when I was hired as a casual. They do not approve now of my availability due to having university commitments and due to this, I am now receiving 0 hours most weeks, even though my availability states I am available 3-4 days of the week.
Great company, great culture, great work environment.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA4 May 2016
Typical day at work busy and varied. Fast paced retail environment. Lots of tasks to co-ordinate between customer service.

Learning new skills daily with new product arriving and technology updates.

Management supportive and positive.

Co-workers fun, social and make work great.

Hardest Part: job gets busy and tiring.

Best Part: co-workers, environment, culture and giving customers better service than competitors!
Pros
long lunch breaks, co-workers, team, environment, pay, culture
Cons
less incentives than other company's, hours get cut frequently
Excellent work environment, friendly co-workers
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 May 2016
Honestly the best company i have worked for, everyone there was so lovely including management. Every aspect of the job was straight forward, I enjoyed going into work every single day!
No career advancement with the HR team
People Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VIC9 August 2015
Great job and team, just no opportunity to progress withing the HR team. Good benefits, but salary is quite low and Rem reviews, bring little change. Great role to learn from and be exposed to a lot. but finding a career path is almost non existent.
Fantastic Company with Country Road
Sales consultant (Retail) Doncaster Rd (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, VIC16 April 2015
My typical job role is all about Customer Service.
What I learned and what my duties include on a daily basis is, how to use the company's register, Customer service, Sorting out stock, Phone Orders, Dealing with IT department and Gift card department and Styling etc. All management and co-workers are fantastic.I find nothing hard in this job, no matter how challenging it can be i always find a solution.
Most enjoyable part of my job is when I have fulfilled the customers needs.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Nothing!
Permanent part time sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide29 March 2015
A great group of people to work with and the company has been good to me. I find the job a little boring and would like a better work/life balance.
Good Location
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney8 March 2015
My main duties at C.R are Managing staff (total 18) working on the floor, ensuring that daily K.P.I’s are met, as well as improving on previous year’s figures.

Maintaining V.I.P customer service. Conducting daily morning meetings with staff members, informing them about the previous days performance, what tasks need to be accomplished today and most importantly informing them about the daily budget, conversion rates, UPT’s etc….

Making sure that there is always enough merchandise (size ranges, colours, styles) on the floor every day
for apparel as well as accessories (jewellery and shoes).
Planning and supervising daily operations.
Motivate employees to achieve department goals and mission.
Plan and delegate to workload to employees
Cons
Bad Management
great company but people are very stereotype
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney6 March 2015
Well can i say. Great company and people to work were good also. If u did something wrong and the customers were involve. They would always take the customers statement. And the sales person would be wrong always. That's how they work
Pros
free clothes and great friends
Cons
long hours wen promos are on
Busy and Challenging
Roving Visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  sydney Australia28 February 2015
- Working between 6 stores
- Daily problem solving and creative thinking
- Meeting deadlines
- working independently as well as sharing ideas with the VM team
- following VM guidelines and implementing all marketing and promotional signage
- learning and gaining VM tecniques
Wonderful experience working for a organisation who's main focus is on high quality customer service, promoting team building and personal growth !
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta and Chatswood,28 January 2015
Country Road Australia was a fabulous company to work for as they were committed to excellence and exceeding customers expectations, building strong relationships and strong raport which I valued and supported.

We had regular meetings and inbound "customer service" courses and internal workshops to improve overall customer service skills which developed our own individual strengths.

I enjoyed the fast pace busy environment interacting with customers from all walks of life and thoroughly enjoyed the one on one experience with the customers.

I genuinely loved the brand for it's quality, overall classic style and high standard in all the departments from Ladies Wear, Mens Wear and Home Wear. The clothing suited all age groups and being generally a classic style and label, out lasted most of the fashion trends. So when you purchased an outfit you knew it was a great investment and would last you for several years.

I, in fact have many Country Road pieces which I still wear to this day and love it when someone comments on how beautiful it is. I particularly enjoy telling them the item is over 20 years old.

The hardest part of the job was not buying the clothes and Home Wear myself and spending my entire wages week after week.

I am naturally meticulous and methodical in my home life and in everything I do, so being able to utilise these skills in my professional life where it is recognised and rewarded was truly a blessing.

I enjoyed working in a team environment, encouraging team spirit, respecting each other and valuing individual team members contributions
  more... through everyone's commitment and co-operation we all grew professionally and on a personal level.

Country Road pride themselves on quality and giving each and every customer a high level of service and special attention.

Working for a company with such integrity, promoting team building and personal growth is extraordinary and tremendous and can only lead to a successful organisation.
Pros
wonderful staff discounts, uniform change every season, so four times a year!
Cons
The constant temptation of buying more outfits when the new arrivals came along.
Ambiente muy divertido
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW24 January 2015
Personas disponibles y interesantes. He trabajado en proyectos estimulantes y educativos
Great company, good work culture
Sales Assistant/Former Concessional Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney City6 July 2014
assist customers in one of Australia's busiest stores
provide advice on stylde and fashion
work with very supportive co-workers in a team based environment
supportive manage ment team
dealing with customer complaints
operating with limited staff
complying with strict company procedures
exceeding management sales targets
Pros
good company
Cons
limited opportunities
Short period of time only hired over the christmas period
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Geelong, Victoria, Australia16 June 2014
Large company, busiest time of year.

Loud, big personalities
Fun, productive and strong customer service environment
Casual Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia29 May 2012
Typical day involved ensuring your customers were the number one priority, developing product knowledge, coaching new team members, processing sales, monitoring sales budgets and implementing strategies to achieve them, stock control.
I learnt varied techniques of selling and marketing products and to enjoy working with a team of dedicated people again.
My co-workers were a range of ages and different levels of management and experience. Very well trained and motivated to achieve results for their team.
Hardest part of the job was stepping back to a casual sales consultant when I have been the Store Manager and National Trainer for a similar retailer. My relationship with management was very good, and they recognised and utilised my skills.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a fun team that enjoyed what they did and worked hard while still having fun. Also each day brought something new.
Pros
clothing allowance, bonus scheme, flexible hours
Cons
casual hours could vary, lack of staff in peak trade
Excellent work place, great team and very flexible working timetable
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney CBD22 April 2012
Always something to do
The management are hard working and friendly
My colleagues became my friends ALL of them
The store was not always busy which made it feel as though the day was never going to end, however, having such a fun, lively and uplifting team made it all worth while
Pros
excellent team, good discount, flexible hours
Cons
not a very busy store