Country Road
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Country Road Employee Reviews

Australia29 reviews
Good managements, strictly policies.
when I first start, old employees, they were not friendly until I stay there in a long time.

the hardest part of the job is people who are not helping each other, mostly the environment is very poor
It was a great fashion retail store but not high enough salary. The team was great nice store. Career advancement if you wanted to pursue management career.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. Employees are all very close and are like one big family. It made going to work something to look forward to. The work was extremely faced paced though sometimes lacked training in specific areas. I was able to progress in my job and learn new skills that I've been able to use in other work places.
Pay needs to be more.
Not enough shifts if you are a casual. Hard to get a promotion.

Regional manager based in Perth so no understanding of what is actually going on in the store on a day to day basis.
I enjoyed working at Country Road during 2019. It was a very positive experience that offered me opportunities during my employment period. I found the workplace to be very friendly and collaboratively.
It was nice place for work also good team work with enough payrate. But at country road group they have no security of work as they booked to employee for a week before and they nove giving the jobs every day so its very hard to survive with this senario and we can work other place as they booked you before and send the message every day you are stand by for today......

Loved working for Country Road, Very supportive, get culture. The benefits of working their are fantastic and they look after all their staff very well.
Roster is 3 days off 6 days on hard to manage.
Discounts and clothing allowance good.

Standards and Merchanding is very high.

Expectations are at high standard.
Pros
Discounts and allowances
Cons
Roster and coverage instore
Good suport network and discounts on all Country Road clothing and homewares. Especialy good on listed uniform items. .................................
i liked working at the country road group warehouse because i worked in the mimco department and it was fun trying to reach our kpi targets everyday and most of the time me and the other teams members would get target
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
heat conditions
Great place to work at with a heap of benefits including working in a team, great discount and easy 'on the side' job.
Its nice when I have returning customers wanted more help purchasing clothes, and also great to see new faces coming in the store.
Pros
Discount
Cons
On your feet all day
Overall positive experience with the company and staff, Their products are exceptional quality and have been an exceptional australian brand for many years. The staff i worked with are nothing but the best group of women i have the pleasure of working with.

The management are supremely supportive and professional.
A great company to work for, great for keeping up with the forever changing fashion world by being apart of it. Working in men's women's and children provides flexibility with customer types.
Pros
Clothing allowance every quarter
Cons
6pm is a bit too late to finish
As I was only there on work experience I can't really give much feedback on what it's like to actually work there.

From what I gathered the people who work there are all very easy to get along with and helpful.
Extremely discriminating. I am a university student, studying full time and they knew this when I was hired as a casual. They do not approve now of my availability due to having university commitments and due to this, I am now receiving 0 hours most weeks, even though my availability states I am available 3-4 days of the week.
Typical day at work busy and varied. Fast paced retail environment. Lots of tasks to co-ordinate between customer service.

Learning new skills daily with new product arriving and technology updates.

Management supportive and positive.

Co-workers fun, social and make work great.

Hardest Part: job gets busy and tiring.

Best Part: co-workers, environment, culture and giving customers better service than competitors!
Pros
long lunch breaks, co-workers, team, environment, pay, culture
Cons
less incentives than other company's, hours get cut frequently
Honestly the best company i have worked for, everyone there was so lovely including management. Every aspect of the job was straight forward, I enjoyed going into work every single day!
Great job and team, just no opportunity to progress withing the HR team. Good benefits, but salary is quite low and Rem reviews, bring little change. Great role to learn from and be exposed to a lot. but finding a career path is almost non existent.
My typical job role is all about Customer Service.
What I learned and what my duties include on a daily basis is, how to use the company's register, Customer service, Sorting out stock, Phone Orders, Dealing with IT department and Gift card department and Styling etc. All management and co-workers are fantastic.I find nothing hard in this job, no matter how challenging it can be i always find a solution.

Most enjoyable part of my job is when I have fulfilled the customers needs.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Nothing!
A great group of people to work with and the company has been good to me. I find the job a little boring and would like a better work/life balance.
My main duties at C.R are Managing staff (total 18) working on the floor, ensuring that daily K.P.I’s are met, as well as improving on previous year’s figures.

Maintaining V.I.P customer service. Conducting daily morning meetings with staff members, informing them about the previous days performance, what tasks need to be accomplished today and most importantly informing them about the daily budget, conversion rates, UPT’s etc….

Making sure that there is always enough merchandise (size ranges, colours, styles) on the floor every day

for apparel as well as accessories (jewellery and shoes).

Planning and supervising daily operations.

Motivate employees to achieve department goals and mission.

Plan and delegate to workload to employees
Cons
Bad Management