CPB Contractors Employee Reviews

very performance driven
Senior HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA27 February 2019
Very performance driven
Good place to work lots of opportunities
Very focussed on performance
Great team culture
Supportive Management
Great opportunities
Pros
Good salary
Okay
Administration Trainee (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA24 February 2019
I liked working for CPB.
The culture was fast paced, unfortunately due to not winning needed tenders I was mafe redundant, but gained valuable skills that i am grateful for.
Professional
Rail Interface Manger (Former Employee) –  Queensland17 January 2019
Good company to work with for.
Very professional and well set up.
Good culture and people that work hard working but are open, friendly. focused and intelligent.
Working from 7am to 7pm
Utilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 November 2018
Long hours totaling an average of 55 a week to 63 a week. When factoring in unpaid overtime hourly rate drops to $17/hr. There is a clear focus on money and results over people despite claims from corporate otherwise. Long crunch and especially poor benefits/vacation time, next to no work/life balance encouraged.
Very poor management. you will be manager based on how many years you work for the company.
Management doesn't care about cost and money.
Poor promotion method, you must have a network to promote or your manager must really like you not your skills
Great Company to work for
senior electrician on the Westconnex (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 September 2018
Good, fair company that takes care of its employees, hard, long days but is off set by great salary and benefits. Great colleagues and good work culture.
Pros
great salaries
Cons
I would like to work for cpb again
Permanent Full-time (Project Based) (Former Employee) –  GYMPIE HWY UPGRADE3 September 2018
Professional orginisation .Great to work for & pay well.I worked for them on the bruce hwy upgrade near gympie 2016-2017. I looked after subcontractors & conrete &concrete supply
Great company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD6 August 2018
The job was always hard and was always learning new things each day while being on the job.The management was done nicely and the workplace culture was always great.
good workplace
jumbo operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 July 2018
great workplace and workmates excellent wage was good hrs example 6am to 6pm but changed from 8am to 8pm but overall good place to work reccomend it
Pros
good salary
Procurement and Subcontract Administration
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 June 2018
Preparing tender documentation, assessing subcontractor claims, team meetings.

Communicate with subcontractors, respond to internal and external emails and other queries.
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
Distance travelled to and from work
good
Plant Operator / Labourer (Current Employee) –  South Australia22 May 2018
good times working here interesting work lots of variations some training communication was prominent. good people well some safety definitely paramount
You make good friends and fun to work with
Tunneller (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 May 2018
Make a lot of friends and work hard because hard work never goes unnoticed. They always train up new entrant get them license and ticketed Moxy,excavator,skidded steer. Ect
Pros
Aircon machine
Cons
Successful and very large construction & infrastructure business
Senior Resourcing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fortitude Valley QLD16 April 2018
Very rewarding, good people. My role is the management and delivery of all workforce recruitment on specific CPB construction projects.

Challenges are the specific locations (geographic) we can hire from for individual project locations
Pros
People, relationships, winning work
Good strong safety values
Plant Operator (Hiab) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 March 2018
Working with CPB was a great opportunity for me to see how the rest of the world operate outside the military. As my first employment after the Defence Force, I was astound at the level of care and neglect in the construction industrie. They do however have a a good culture in safety which was mostly intruduced through legislation.

Money was good but job security was not. When one project finished you had to start looking for alternate employment. Being a bit spoiled by constant work in the Defence Force this was new to me and a bit unnerving.This is mostly why I am looking for full time employment for the next 10 to 20 years until my retirement.

Something that I can do with a good work life balance as life is not all about work.
Great location, good productivity
Safety administrator (Current Employee) –  Sydney Inner Suburbs NSW15 December 2017
Enjoyed my time here, great people, good development in place for staff.
Very good social cutlure amoungst staff engineers etc
Would return to a higher position in the future
Company expects excellence to maintain position in the industry.
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrow Island WA12 September 2017
Long hours with time fully occupied managing crew. Management expect total commitment from all employees. Like most new construction jobs , getting to know your own role and other people in the company can be difficult but once you do this it becomes easier to get the job done. On completion of project or parts thereof it is rewarding and enjoyable. Construction requires you to be able to work with a varied range of trades and professions and therefore you learn new skills and gain invaluable experience.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
Remote location.
Great job and crew makes the journey worthwhile.
Civil Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrow Island WA12 June 2017
Good company that offers support to get the job done. Management work with you and see the project succeed despite many hurdles along the way . They adopt a very good safety culture.
Enjoyed Enviroment
Backhoe Operator (Former Employee) –  Queensland5 June 2017
Good company to work for.Enjoyed my time with company Good work colleages.Had a good working relationship with management ,communication between management and staff was good.
Like all jobs had ups and downs
Peggy / Trades Assistant/ Administration (Former Employee) –  Wandoan QLD4 June 2017
travel by bus an hour to work. Do 10 hour shift. Travel hour home. Enjoyed my days with the people I worked with. Learnt a lot of procedures and how and why they were required. Work culture had its ups and downs like most jobs.
Workplace
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 March 2017
A typical project life. Lots to do with too little staff. Long hours is expected. However, it is also very flexible with your timing. Mix group of people and sometimes you are lucky end up with a very good team.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Good FIFO conditions. Receptive management.
Safety Advisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Barrow Island WA10 February 2017
Working alongside familiar faces who I have worked with for some up to 20 years ago.
Pay days on time and job prospects along with future possible placements aired as requested.
FIFO conditions provide a healthier lifestyle than my current home lifestyle.