CPB Contractors
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CPB Contractors Employee Reviews

Australia41 reviews
It is good place to work and get experience but difficult to promote yourself. Most of people are helpful. Working in tier one company is a challenging hard job, but totally is recommended
Structured, yet departments work in silos, focus needs to be on IP sharing and cross departmental training. Don’t downsize going from project to project! Upskilling is more cost effective
It doesn't matter how much you work or how useful you are for the company. At the end of the day, everyone is alike. If you don't have a network, it will take you a long time to get a promotion. And usually, British, Irish and Ozi get promoted faster than ever.
It is really a shame for a company with this reputation.
Long hours (nominal 48.5 hrs / week) extending to 55 hrs at peak times. Not well paid, when overtime factored in the hourly rate drops to $24 ph (inc Super).
Management are focused on meeting their KPIs and driving their staff to meet the contract objectives.

Training is minimal, if any, for new roles.

Working conditions are poor, cramped demountables with very basic, at times inadequate, facilities with often difficulty of access to the site.

Job tenure is limited with contracts of a short term nature.
It was very hectic and stressful job, without much support from management. If you work on a particular project, you do not have much connections with management which is sometime bit problematic.
I really didn't know what each day would entail and because I never brown nosed or did not take well to being spoken rudely by some as often was the case I did not progress as I would have liked. That aside I enjoyed the work, was anxious to learn and in turn did not mind sharing tips and knowledge I'd learnt along the way to persons even greener than myself.
The saftey standard was top priority and drilled in to everyone everyday. The standard was high and impressive. I am forever greatful for the experience and being part of a great company with a great reputation for saftey
well relaxed when need but stressful when needed. good place for growth lots on the go. great scope thru parent company. good personal development and jobs
Dont be fussy..... grab whatever comes.Not easy to get a job now a days.With 1) Medical 2) Induction
3) Reference check.This 3 items... if you cannot get thru.... dont worry about working in the mine site.
As it was my first break through job in Australia with such a versatile company i would say i was lucky enough to get an opportunity to work with all the personnel with vast knowledge and expertise which actually guided through my experience to next level.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CPB Contractors?
I usually come to work at 7am although the work start at 8am. Take charge during inspection and see to it that the work to be inspected conforms the quality requirements, IFC drawing and specification.
I've learned all the necessary information on how quality is being maintained according to the standards and specification.

I manage the job well as per the standards, drawings and specification. The engineers are not happy with my being strict during the inspection but they agree when I explain to them that we have to follow the requirements specified in the drawing, standards and specification.

Safety at the site is very evident with all the safety markings and lettering at the workplace. Safety barricades are around the area while the work is ongoing. Everybody cooperate with the safety team.

I don't recall to experience any hardest part in my job because everyone helps and cooperate.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie that is happening at the work place. My QA Manager is kind and helpful.
Great job loved working there
Gave me some life changes in locating but all in all was fine heaps of work and overtime. Met a lot of great people and had a chance to work down the coast
All personnel had a clear perspective of their own expectations and worked well amongst each other for the good of the projects. Individuals created the workplace ethos as opposed to a company driven ethic despite frequent presentations and internal communication. Workplace no different to other similar entities as everything is project driven, not the company.
Need pay increase,finish the first task before next,don’t rush without assurance,give an attention to your workers needs,respect one another,let your workers do the way they know how to do there job.
Little to no recognition for technical staff.
Poor work life balance (always 70+hr weeks, getting paid for 46hr weeks) Absolutely no career advancement; in fact HR & management will go out of their way to hamper career advancement opportunities

Generally a sub-par level of technical ability among staff.

Very high resistance to change.

No bonuses and no pay rise (yearly pay rise less than inflation).
Working a challenging fast paced job was a great experience plus the added bonus of working alongside a team of highly professional and supportive team made it an enjoyable experience
I'm very reliable worker show up for work every day.
Team player

Safety and looking after your mates

Having Productive day getting results

Healthly lifestyle

Following rules and regulations
Superintendant and Supervisor are great to work with.
Supervisor especially......great guy.

nothing much to say....as we all have families, mortgage, never-ending bills.

The job is not that hard when you think about it. It is just everyone has got it own duties to be done.

10 and half hours a day...not that long.
Pros
no comment
Cons
not a bad wages, compares to what is going on in job industries.
This place is a revolving door from the top down! Full of sexist men that LOVE to bully people into working back late and weekends for no additional money.
Work is ALWAYS rushed and defects take way too long to fix or are swept under the rug.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Hours, management, pay
The salary was great and I was compensated for night shift works.
Comes with a fully maintained vehicle which was brand new.

The expected work hours are 12 hours per day. This is not communicated in the on boarding process and interferes with work life balance to some extent.
Pros
Good pay and career progression opportunities.
Cons
Long work hours expected
I enjoyed my time here. People are very very friendly and there is a good work-life balance. A good back-log of work means that we can rest assured that we will be productive for a long time.
Pros
Weekly lunch and learns
Cons
Not applicable