CPL - Choice, Passion, Life
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CPL - Choice, Passion, Life Employee Reviews

Australia43 reviews
It was fun working with the garden crew, the boss was strict when it came to the job but in the car, we could joke around. Lunch was always good to talk about how we could have done better and whatnot.
Pros
Looking at the finished lawn and seeing the difference
Cons
Working in the heat and sun burn
Cpl wasted my time with a group interview as they knew i had my CERTIFATE III but would rather pay mostly unqualified people at very low rates of pay.The clients of CPL are at a high risk with too many unqualified workers in an industry that deserves professionalism..
Management at Townsville are dedicated,professionals and trustworthy. I was a respected team member. I felt comfortable and always knew my management was able to listen and adhere the staff opinions.
Good
Cons
Clients that think you are there subordinate
I have never worked in a place where the genuine caring is so obvious. Everyone is there because they want to contribute to creating better services for people with a disability. It's pretty obvious when you walk through the door each day that these are committed, caring people. There are no big egos, senior managers are very hands on and the feel of the place is very pleasant. Quite different from other not for profits I've worked where they say they have values but treat their employees poorly.
Absolutely shocking organisation to work for. Transferred from FSG and this company does not care about the clients. They are out to sack the loyal long standing employees. They do not communicate with employees and it is impossible to reach any coordinators for assistance. Only out for the money they can make. Stay away
It is a great organisation to work for. The thing I enjoy the most is the flexibility and the opportunity to work with clients with different needs. I learn a lot from these experiences which enables me to try my best to provide the best service I can. The other thing I appreciate if the training programs that CPL provides to its employees which enables us to deliver the best service to clients.
Don't work for this company they wiĺl dismissed you after 3 month prohibition period and they don't work as a team. To much back stabbing ,and they complain you can't do anything right
One mistake your out.ive heard a lot of bad reports about this company
The rostering system is a fail. Difficult shifts to work at, not enough hours a fortnight so you are waiting for calls all the time, unable to plan your life. It is abusive really, I bent backwards to the rostering team to get up to 40hrs a fortnight. They always mixed up shifts, you get to work and there is another carer already doing your hours, you go home with no payment. They cancel your shift and forget to advise you. Very disorganised. Your fortnight timesheet has to be delivered by you at the office otherwise you don't get paid. Which business in this century have a paper system timesheet ?? Anybody can get a job at CPL, they are the only org who employs professionals with no Certificate or experience, so you meet people from any background who think they can do the job but when they face the real personal assistance situation, they don't come back. People that can't manage a hoist even after training. People that can't push heavy wheelchairs. Its a waste of time training these people. The staffing care factor from management is zero. You get bullied, complain, write a stupid report and nothing is done. Not a phone call asking if you are ok to keep working with that same bully until they find a way to separate you both. Management are not prepared to represent you either, they are not really interested. You work hard to set up a better lifestyle to your client, have more dignity or even advocate during a doctors appointment, a physio session, then you get shifted to another house/client and the only person who knows you are doing great for that client is you ! All facilitators - more...
Management do not care.
Carer do not care as long as paid

Went with carer in unsafe car

Would not even be road worthy

Did this for months. Management said nothing obviously. So don’t care they take clients in unsafe cars.

Carer bought their own child to work. Carer did not even have issue doing it.

Management said nothing when reported. Workers immediate manager just let it happen.
Poor management, rostering is shocking, HR never replies to written concerns, payroll always screws up pays, pay rates are shocking. A worker goes above and beyond and never recognized. Overall a bad employer.
I went in with resistance and was surprised how this subsided, was offered extensive training and opportunity to bring in what I love to share with clients, doing life with others AND being paid for it. Variety and satisfaction:)
If your after an employer who deals in Work Place Bullying, Harassment, Favouritism, cuts your shifts, and treats you like your disposable, puts you in dangerous and inappropriate work environments where you injure yourself and then hangs you out to dry this is the company for you.

The only two things I enjoyed about this job were the clients and leaving.

You are treated like you don't matter, used and abused for the benefit of the company. You are not a priority on any level. I was put in situations that were not safe, as were the clients. There is a very unhealthy culture of sweeping serious OHAS issues under the rug when they had full knowledge of the issues, putting both the clients and workers into dangerous positions, nothing was done until it was too late. I am now injured and can not work and have to pay for my own recovery and find new employment. there is colluding between some favoured long standing staff and upper management and if they do not like you you are OUT.

I am only sharing MY experience working for this company, I did some research prior to commencing with this particular company and I really should have paid more attention and never started to begin with. I was not required to do any major formal training and put in HIGH CARE situations, when I was given hoist training they did not provide me with a hoist... I have a work place injury and I was too scared to report it as I was told id lose hrs, because of this I now have to deal with it on my own and I have lost the ability to work at present. my experience has been terrible and I would strongly
 - more...
The worst organization ever. Zero support for staff. Managment never answer your emails. Clients left alone for whole days until found by family. Staff don't show up for shifts to replace the staff when we finish our shifts. Support workers are rude. Sloppy. Lazy. Leave mess for those of us who do actually do our job. Pay rates are an utter disgrace. My last shift with these cowboys today. And I tell you. I could not be happier!!!!!
Cons
Pay rates are deplorable, $13/ 20 and hour leas less than other service providers, Below award, No back up staff, managment are pigs
CPL, was a great place to work with but the hours was very long and was called most of the time to work. No family life. So as a result I was not able to make plans with the family to do any family time.
Pros
free car park
Cons
Management on all levels in office will not listen or look at problems to be addressed. Clean sweep with a broom... cover up . NDIS investagation shld happen.
Pros
Employment of family / friends
Cons
Employment of family / friends
Im new but i absolutely love cpl and all the staff i only want to exspand to gain more hours for security for my family. And cpl is wonderful to balance work and family life
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Short hours
everybody was very nice and helpful. everyone works according to the rules and we made sure the environment was safe for everyone.the managers were soo kind and lovely.
Pros
safe environment
Cons
N/a
My day starts at 4pm .I check if very thing is in order , then carry out all the necessary duties and close at 9pm .

I learnt how to tolerate, understand and get along with people.

Time and schedule management is vital in this organization. The workplace culture is diverse, employes various races of people.

The hard part of the job is discrimination by some a client . some clients are hard to get along with.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the client satisfied with the service rendered,
Pros
extra hours
Cons
The clients that you will support are absolutely lovely and make you enjoy your joy and love going to work.

However, this company has a strong culture for bullying and current management do not deal with these issues.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, free tickets to events when with clients
Cons
Culture of bullying
CPL has beautiful clients and families yet a disgusting group of management so called managing it.
There are clear witch hunts on certain workers because they have asked too many questions about the safety and welfare of clients. The rosters are written and tailor made to family and friends of the managers, proven nepotism which is all denied by management of course. A complete lack of training, support and direction for workers.

The rostering was taken from a local level to a centralised model however then the local managers interfere and take it over so they can give their daughters, sons and friends hours and cut the regular hours of some workers, one of which did the same shifts for over 5 years and then all of a sudden a managers daughter needed a job so she got the hours. Then a friend of the manager gets 100 hours a fortnight whilst others who are available waiting by the phone for shifts get 40 hours a fortnight. When management is questioned about these things, they deny it and blame someone else. Client care suffers because of this type of bullying behaviour.

How cpl expect to retain frontline staff is questionable, they are very top heavy with management All with their own agendas and friends socially and on social media.

Terrible political workplace.
Pros
Good personal care workers who care about clients
Cons
Top heavy with bullying managers and clear nepotism
Middle Management are bullying amateurs. The power hungry culture made working there oppressing. Claims of mission based focus are fake. They do NOT care about their staff in the Central Region and consider them all replaceable.
Senior Management at CPL are out of touch/unresponsive to issues within Mylestones Employment despite the fact that they contribute heavily to their funding
Pros
Clients