CPL - Choice, Passion, Life
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CPL - Choice, Passion, Life Employee Reviews

Poor management assistance (Particular people) Workload for Community Facilitators reflect this and how they support there staff. Company is to big for its own good - leaving the 'support worker' and ultimately 'client' at the end of the line Very judgemental staff. In particular long timers/permanent - No willing to accept change Alot of uni students use this type of employment as a stepping stone which may suit if your looking for 1-2 hour shifts
Cons
No support from management when in need
They are great people and professional. Working for means personal development increasing your skills, knowledge and experience. You become productive and professionals in your work role.
CPL charge maximum rates per NDIS price guide but only give a very small % of that to the amazing support workers who give their lives for the betterment of others, management reap the rewards by giving themselves cushy high paying jobs while offering nothing of value to the clients they're supposed to serve, just another pyramid scheme scam.Management in this day and age are no longer needed, it always ends with a toxic workplace culture anyway.If you are in the industry the best advice you will ever receive is below,(GET YOUR OWN ABN AND WORK FOR YOURSELF, SELF MANAGED AND PLAN MANAGED CLIENTS HAVE THE FREEDOM TO HIRE YOU PRIVATELY, CUT THE USELESS MIDDLE MEN LIKE CPL OUT AND GIVE THE PEOPLE YOU SUPPORT MORE FOR THEIR MONEY WHILE BEING ABLE TO EARN A GOOD LIVING JUST THE WAY IT IS MEANT TO BE, YOU CAN DO IT, BELIEVE IN YOURSELVES, DON'T LET COMPANIES LIKE THIS LEECH OFF YOUR SKILLS AND YOUR HEART ANY LONGER.)
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Long hours and underpaid
This company should not of proceeded past FSG. They kept the same management so kept the same problems. Management where not ever reachable and if they where they didn’t want to know and your shifts would be cut. Staff are made to feel worthless and bullied, put into extremely dangerous situations with no support. To say an investigation needs to be conducted is an understatement! I witnessed unethical behaviour, was told to report and then moved from the house. I found I would have to sit by the phone to pick up random shifts to make up hours and enough money to make ends meet. The pay was terrible especially for those qualified and no one could work out their payslips. Computer system was back in the dark ages with paper timesheets. Overall I left feeling bullied and injured mentally and physically. If this can help someone to deter them from working for this organisation then some good has come out of a truely horrific experience.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Unethical management and bullying
There is a serious lack of communication between the staff and clients . Clients will often not be informed that there is a buddy shift on or staff . CPL makes lots of empty promises to keep staff on which never works . Lots of great staff always moving on which upsets the clients .
Pros
Beautiful clients
Cons
Terrible management
It was fun working with the garden crew, the boss was strict when it came to the job but in the car, we could joke around. Lunch was always good to talk about how we could have done better and whatnot.
Pros
Looking at the finished lawn and seeing the difference
Cons
Working in the heat and sun burn
Cpl wasted my time with a group interview as they knew i had my CERTIFATE III but would rather pay mostly unqualified people at very low rates of pay.The clients of CPL are at a high risk with too many unqualified workers in an industry that deserves professionalism..
Management at Townsville are dedicated,professionals and trustworthy. I was a respected team member. I felt comfortable and always knew my management was able to listen and adhere the staff opinions.
Good
Cons
Clients that think you are there subordinate
I have never worked in a place where the genuine caring is so obvious. Everyone is there because they want to contribute to creating better services for people with a disability. It's pretty obvious when you walk through the door each day that these are committed, caring people. There are no big egos, senior managers are very hands on and the feel of the place is very pleasant. Quite different from other not for profits I've worked where they say they have values but treat their employees poorly.
Absolutely shocking organisation to work for. Transferred from FSG and this company does not care about the clients. They are out to sack the loyal long standing employees. They do not communicate with employees and it is impossible to reach any coordinators for assistance. Only out for the money they can make. Stay away
It is a great organisation to work for. The thing I enjoy the most is the flexibility and the opportunity to work with clients with different needs. I learn a lot from these experiences which enables me to try my best to provide the best service I can. The other thing I appreciate if the training programs that CPL provides to its employees which enables us to deliver the best service to clients.
Don't work for this company they wiĺl dismissed you after 3 month prohibition period and they don't work as a team. To much back stabbing ,and they complain you can't do anything right One mistake your out.ive heard a lot of bad reports about this company
The rostering system is a fail. Difficult shifts to work at, not enough hours a fortnight so you are waiting for calls all the time, unable to plan your life. It is abusive really, I bent backwards to the rostering team to get up to 40hrs a fortnight. They always mixed up shifts, you get to work and there is another carer already doing your hours, you go home with no payment. They cancel your shift and forget to advise you. Very disorganised. Your fortnight timesheet has to be delivered by you at the office otherwise you don't get paid. Which business in this century have a paper system timesheet ?? Anybody can get a job at CPL, they are the only org who employs professionals with no Certificate or experience, so you meet people from any background who think they can do the job but when they face the real personal assistance situation, they don't come back. People that can't manage a hoist even after training. People that can't push heavy wheelchairs. Its a waste of time training these people. The staffing care factor from management is zero. You get bullied, complain, write a stupid report and nothing is done. Not a phone call asking if you are ok to keep working with that same bully until they find a way to separate you both. Management are not prepared to represent you either, they are not really interested. You work hard to set up a better lifestyle to your client, have more dignity or even advocate during a doctors appointment, a physio session, then you get shifted to another house/client and the only person who knows you are doing great for that client is you ! All facilitators - more...
Management do not care. Carer do not care as long as paid Went with carer in unsafe car Would not even be road worthy Did this for months. Management said nothing obviously. So don’t care they take clients in unsafe cars. Carer bought their own child to work. Carer did not even have issue doing it. Management said nothing when reported. Workers immediate manager just let it happen.
Poor management, rostering is shocking, HR never replies to written concerns, payroll always screws up pays, pay rates are shocking. A worker goes above and beyond and never recognized. Overall a bad employer.
I went in with resistance and was surprised how this subsided, was offered extensive training and opportunity to bring in what I love to share with clients, doing life with others AND being paid for it. Variety and satisfaction:)
If your after an employer who deals in Work Place Bullying, Harassment, Favouritism, cuts your shifts, and treats you like your disposable, puts you in dangerous and inappropriate work environments where you injure yourself and then hangs you out to dry this is the company for you. The only two things I enjoyed about this job were the clients and leaving. You are treated like you don't matter, used and abused for the benefit of the company. You are not a priority on any level. I was put in situations that were not safe, as were the clients. There is a very unhealthy culture of sweeping serious OHAS issues under the rug when they had full knowledge of the issues, putting both the clients and workers into dangerous positions, nothing was done until it was too late. I am now injured and can not work and have to pay for my own recovery and find new employment. there is colluding between some favoured long standing staff and upper management and if they do not like you you are OUT. I am only sharing MY experience working for this company, I did some research prior to commencing with this particular company and I really should have paid more attention and never started to begin with. I was not required to do any major formal training and put in HIGH CARE situations, when I was given hoist training they did not provide me with a hoist... I have a work place injury and I was too scared to report it as I was told id lose hrs, because of this I now have to deal with it on my own and I have lost the ability to work at present. my experience has been terrible and I would strongly - more...
The worst organization ever. Zero support for staff. Managment never answer your emails. Clients left alone for whole days until found by family. Staff don't show up for shifts to replace the staff when we finish our shifts. Support workers are rude. Sloppy. Lazy. Leave mess for those of us who do actually do our job. Pay rates are an utter disgrace. My last shift with these cowboys today. And I tell you. I could not be happier!!!!!
Cons
Pay rates are deplorable, $13/ 20 and hour leas less than other service providers, Below award, No back up staff, managment are pigs
CPL, was a great place to work with but the hours was very long and was called most of the time to work. No family life. So as a result I was not able to make plans with the family to do any family time.
Pros
free car park
Cons
Management on all levels in office will not listen or look at problems to be addressed. Clean sweep with a broom... cover up . NDIS investagation shld happen.
Pros
Employment of family / friends
Cons
Employment of family / friends
Im new but i absolutely love cpl and all the staff i only want to exspand to gain more hours for security for my family. And cpl is wonderful to balance work and family life
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Short hours