Crawford & Company Employee Reviews

Great if you're senior management, terrible work life balance
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 March 2019
The company is stuck in the dark ages, diversity is a check box exercise not way of life. Salary is terrible. No employee real benefits.

Senior management are disconnected from the reality of the rest of the business - a fair work/life balance whilst managing the workload is impossible given the processes involved and inadequate technology (in fairness there is some investment in technology but it is slow to change).
Pros
Office is in a good location, free biscuits
Cons
Understaffed, poor salary, no investment in people, support for true diversity and flexibility severely lacking
Room for improvement
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Australia3 December 2018
The company offers great support for further education within the industry and the development of skills relevant to the job; however management is often slow to recognise the skills and experience of existing staff and provide a clear progression path within the company.

The gender gap within the company is highly evident in terms of attitude and opportunities; however salary packaging across the board appears reasonably fair.

There are opportunities to earn great bonuses for remuneration packages however the goal posts are not the same across the board and it is easier for different positions within the company to "earn" a higher bonus than others.

Opportunities for flexible working arrangements are available; however staff can be required to work long hours and overtime with little to no reward or recognition.

There is little support available at a branch level during times of high claim activity and management can be quick to criticize yet slow to congratulate/praise.

Crawford & Company does offer the opportunity for fantastic professional growth and development for those willing to put in the effort, but there is room for improvement.
Pros
Flexibility, great support for further education, opportunity to earn great bonus
Cons
slow to implement change, slow to recognise employee skills and experience, evident gender gap
Supportive workplace with many opportunities to be diverse
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Shepparton Victoria22 November 2018
I have worked for Crawford and Co for almost 20 years, starting out as a receptionist. I came with no background in Loss Adjusting or even knew what this industry was all about, let alone had I even made an insurance claim. I worked in the background as a Claims Handler for over 10 years before I felt I was ready to pursue my career further and go on the road, a decision I didn't take lightly without knowing I had the full support of Crawfords. Crawfords gave me the tools to further my career, paying for my Diploma through the ANZIIF organisation. I was also able to complete many online training sessions to provide me with further tools in going out on the road. The biggest asset for the company is the mentoring program. There are so many people in the organisation that have varied skills and abilities and you can call on anyone in the organisation for advice. Crawford and Co have always believed in my abilities, helped me challenge myself and given me opportunities to do things that I never imagined I was capable of doing.
Pros
Education opportunities to better your career
Cons
Long hours - need to find balance
Great place to work!
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coffs Harbour, Australia15 November 2018
From the first call requesting an interview, I have had an amazing experience with Crawford. The HR department are very helpful and friendly, my team is absolutely amazing! Even with the stresses of relocating to a different country, everybody has gone out of their way to assist me in making the transition as smooth as possible. I couldn't be happier working at Crawford & Company! There is great career opportunities to grow with in the company and I really can't wait to see what the future holds for me here.
Great manager
Internal Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 October 2018
During my time working within the Marine department I was lucky enough to have a manager who was very supportive of my continued development. I was able to gain a lot of experience and knowledge with his patience and involvement.
Internal Claims Adjuster
Internal Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC22 November 2017
My role as an Internal loss adjuster with Crawford & Company I conduct office based assessment of domestic and commercial property insurance claims, manage a large Portfolio claims from Start to conclusion, examine claims forms, polices and client instructions to determine coverage, comply with service level agreements to ensure customer service, and meet and exceed key performance indicators.
Pros
Poor Management Support - A lot of people leaving
Cons
Very demanding company
Great team
Claims Administrator - Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 November 2015
A busy workplace, Crawford's takes their work as leaders in the Insurance Adjuster market seriously. All staff complete work to their utmost potential, as well as having a laugh.
Enjoyable work place
Administration (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA5 November 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside supportive colleagues and learning from them. Large company which is now shifting some work off shore and now reducing staff members.
Crawford & Company provide excellent customer service for its clients, being insurers, agents/brokers and above all, the insureds.
External Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Victoria19 July 2015
Insurance loss adjusters whom provide service to insurers, agents / brokers and above all, the insured after an insured event.
Young outgoing people
Intake Officer - Property Loss Assessing (Former Employee) –  Southbank, Melbourne30 June 2013
My day would start with allocating work to the different states of Australia. Constantly problem solving and directing inquiries from officers from different insurance companies and the general public. I also register claims and relieve the receptionist at times.