- Attending site inspections and meeting/communicating with Insureds to ascertain the circumstances surrounding claimed events, as well as to determine the extent of damage occasioned to the insured property, interpreting policy wordings and policy schedules, progressing claims towards finality, problem solving, communicating with insurance company personnel, brokers, suppliers etc.
- I am forever learning at Crawfords (this is a big “pro” for me). I learn something new every day. i.e. prioritising, knowledge of the industry, the complexities of certain claims, multitasking, how to handle sensitive situations, interpersonal skills, processes etc.
- Management are supportive, understanding, are great at identifying potential and have provided me with the opportunity to advance in the industry, in a relatively short period of time.
- CONS – Being able to “clock off” and establishing a fair work/life balance whilst maintaining compliance and managing the workload is near impossible given the processes involved
- PROS - For me the best part of my job is the feeling of accomplishment when surpassing both personal and technical industry challenges (that present themselves daily). The ongoing learning and receiving support from well-regarded senior colleagues within the business.
Supportive, understanding, challanging
Processes, low wages, work/life balance is non-existent