CREATE Foundation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CREATE Foundation Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews
Small team in a satellite office. means there was significant communication issues, poor training and induction and very minimal opportunity to ask questions. Document all verbal communication or it will be used against you good opportunity to learn about toxic work environments as it’s not uncommon in the industry
Horrible management. Workplace bullying (mostly due to a manipulative and incompetent manager). Very top down authoritarian leadership at state and national level. No regard for genuine, significant team complaints regarding management and serious culture issues.
Abysmal training, and no investment in staff. Programs themselves are also lackluster. Very minimal culture of genuine feedback and evaluation processes that facilitates input of staff that do program delivery. Work done at state office level therefore lacks critical reflection and integrity. Poor long term strategy. Very low staff retention over many years has led to very poor continuity and loss of organisational knowledge.
Advocating for Y/P in Out Of Home Care
Public speaking and creating scripts, where needed

Engaging with networks and with other like-minded people.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Great time with the CREATE Foundation! Working with a lot f great people towards making a difference within the out of home care system. By working with them I have really improved on my advocacy skills.
Pros
meeting new people, lunches, impact of community work.
Cons
I get to attend training sessions that give me ideas and strategies on how to best communicate and work with y/p and get to teach this to them in my spare time.
Pros
Love working with people who are passionate about the same thing as me
Cons
A typical day was I used to go in to the office and we used to sit down and see how each other were, and the n we would discuss what was on the agenda and we were able to eat and talk and be the voice for young people who could not voice there opinion, I learned that listening to people who didn't have a voice was very touching and I used to go away and stuff together that needed to be addressed. All the staff were nice and still are nice people co-workers are nice young people that are now adults leading there lives we all still keep in touch with each other, the hardest part of the job was listening to some of the bad stories that used to come from people who were not strong enough to have one. Most enjoyable part of the day was eating and talking and doing what I liked to do the most witch is help people.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CREATE Foundation?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CREATE Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2