CrowdStrike

20: CrowdStrike Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

good job

Amazing culture - employees are willing to help one another and work together towards the end goal. It helps that the company is doing very well as it relates to the stock market, but the company has extremely hard-working people and it shows.

Pros

Amazing culture - employees are willing to help one another an

Cons

I can’t think of any at the moment

Next-gen security thinking, but home-grown language and toolchain will get in the way of progress

Crowdstrike is the shiny EDR jewel that can give you great experience to the industry of security. However much of what you will work with is non-standard tools and home grown techniques only valuable to the company. Think you will actually be doing C++ code in that job req? Think again, you probably will be fiddling with their proprietary language instead. It is a python shop but you better be real good at python because you won't be able to use a standard IDE (say Pycharm) in the company's development environment for things like running python tests on their products (no visual debugger tool, just printf). You'll be asking yourself if it's worth learning these tools/techniques only valuable to 1 company. Management situation its as bad as I have seen, you'll find several "managers" are nothing more than senior sw leads that have been slapped with a manager title whether they want it or not, with little time to take training classes to try and be a better "manager" because they have their own load of sw engineering to do. In general I've worked for a startup before and I've never been so stressed like I was at Crowdstrike and Crowdstrike isn't a startup anymore. Oh here is a catch on the bonus: bonus not 100% guaranteed. Keep that in mind when you get an offer letter. They closely track AI accomplished per dept whether its in your control or not, which will decide your final quarterly bonus. Granted bonus isn't a right, but leadership needs to help out more fixing the dept issues preventing 100% (I never got 100% my time there)

Pros

phenomenal HR dept, great exposure to the security leadership the company brings, good paying company, certainly have COVID-remote-work figured out, I REALLY respected the CTO Mike Sentonas

Cons

development process is crazy, be prepared to handle asks for vacation deferrals, lots of homegrown languages/tools to ramp on, ramp up is steep, you may not be given the appropriate ramp up time for YOU, they don't do standard scrum/agile

Incredibly Dynamic Company on a Mission

Exciting to work at CrowdStrike through their hyper growth and on a critical mission to stop breaches. Great team, visionary leadership, flexible work with high expectations.

Official response from CrowdStrike

6 July 2021
We're glad you had a great experience during your time here and you felt inspired by the mission and leadership. Thanks for the review!

It was okay

It couldce been worse but im not sure i feel like the work was harder than it needed to be and im not too sure what could have made it better. Once o started trying harder ot got better.

Dynamic environment, clear mission, winning product

The product actually works. That colors everything and makes for a good working environment. Everyone keeps the bar high as they extend the product, create services, provide customer service, etc. Quality is valued by the company culture and everyone is happy to respond to that.

Pros

Clear mission - stop breaches, culture of quality and service, product that works.

Cons

Startup hours.

great

good opportunities to grow if you want. great management. great work and life balance. Paid time off. Good compensation for work accomplished. Great learning experience!

Brilliant employees

Such a gift to work for a company that brings together some of the best and brightest people I’ve ever worked with. When combined with the best product in the marketplace, Crowdstrike is a compelling story for employees.

Pros

Great product. Growing

Cons

None really

Wouldn't recommend to anyone

I was unable to enter several words in the review title to express my feelings. I'd never recommend anyone work here. Job description was nowhere near what was in place when I started. Management allows toxic behavior, abusive managers. The actual job was easy.

Poor management

Very poor management, might be different in the US. Reading and London managers are not very competent, but very arrogant. They treat people like numbers. Most sales people are not hitting their targets, be prepared ending up with base salary.

Great solution, poor culture and management

All reviews will have something in common, or too positive or complaint about management and culture. Both are true. Company has 2 divisions, one has happier employees, and the other side of this coin has a micromanaged-neanderthal-abusive style of management. Do your homework before applying, you can have a happy place or miserable one.

I love working here!

CrowdStrike has been the best job I've ever had in my career. The work is challenging and exciting, the people are fun, the benefits are outstanding. I get to work completely remotely (which is major for my happiness), we get an unstructured vacation policy, stock options, etc. The company is probably experiencing some growing pains (we're hiring like mad) but everyone is earnest about trying to make the best org. decisions moving forward, and management seems to really care about employee happiness.

Pros

Remote work, quarterly bonuses, unlimited vacation time, flex schedule, health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, offsite trips

Cons

Fast paced, tight deadlines, management can be disorganized

Great product, Bright employees, Suspect management

You get to work with people who are the best in their fields. Enjoy the ability to work remotely, however, certain senior managers are very petty, spineless and downright vindictive.

Pros

Great

Best job ever

I work from home I roll out of bed in the morning. Get on my computer and learn about the best cloud native cyber security software out there. This is great for me because I love cyber security. I then share my knowledge with our customers. After two weeks, I get paid. I still can’t believe this is a job.

Pros

Innovative company

Cons

I haven’t found any yet

The analysts are the best in class.. not so much for the management

I was thrilled to go to work for Crowdstrike. The tools are solid and I have been fortunate to work for the best technical team in the business. The challenging part of the job has been the senior management. The VP of Services has little background in IR and it shows. The leadership overall has no real experience in IR. This causes great frustration as the analysts are not given IRs to work and there is a great deal of political BS on a daily basis. Many of the great talent have left. As a senior technical consultant, I feel like I have no real potential for career growth.

Pros

Solid Tools, great analysts

Cons

Poor Management, no focus on real work

ehert

Crazy smart people , growing fast but experiencing growing pains and management issues both from a scheduling and resourcing standpoint. Stress level is super high and unlimited time off isn't all that it's cracked up to be

Company culture sucks!

Not an employee friendly company. The leadership management does not stand by the employees. They are extremely cautious about the IPO that the leadership team can take adverse and rough decisions for their benefit.

Fast-paced, fun culture - explosive growth means you do many jobs

CrowdStrike has an amazing product, vision and leadership team. As a result, they are growing very fast. However, given their success and explosive growth it means as one person you end up with way too much work on your plate. I quickly realized working there was not sustainable for the long term if I wanted any work life balance. The others I knew who worked there all worked overtime. That was a norm. It's fun and a great product you can believe it, but I think it's a job best for single people who don't mind working all the time.

Bit of a bait and switch

What was promoted in the interview ended up being far from the truth. The sales culture is awful, outdated, and run by novices. Every day is more and more of a grind and the ability to earn here is limited by consistently changing territories, fluctuating rules of engagement, and zero flexibility to work from home. Attendance is mandatory, meetings are useless time-wasters, sales training is 30 years outdated, and morale is in the tank.

Pros

Cool tech

Cons

nearly everything else

Hyper Growth

Cool company! The company is growing fast so it lacks alot of process and metrics that you would find at other companies. If your looking for a place to learn this is not it, but if your seasoned and youthful this is your job!

Great Place To Work

The environment is great. Nice people to work with. Awesome company! Everyone is so kind and welcoming when you're new. They work as a team. CrowdStrike is a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CrowdStrike. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• CrowdStrike