Crown Melbourne Limited Employee Reviews

Managment
Apprenticeship program (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 March 2019
After working here at crown for 2 years as an apprentice chef I got a good understanding of how they run there business. I personally feel they lie and deceive alot of there customers about being 'premium' if you truly worked behind the scenes you would see that crown really is no different from your other restaurants, yes the plates up is fancy and they like to sell you over priced food. I will give them this much depending on the restaurant you work in and how the chefs are brought up with there cooking skills you can get some amazing food there.
I just personally found there apprenticeship program a bit of a joke and they try to sugar coat it with a higher pay rate, but for what? I was ingaged starting fresh willing to learn and be molded into what i was hoping a perfessional 5 star chef. But instead I got bullied thrown down and my learning progression wasnt targeting the goals i had in mind, they didnt really cater for what i wanted from the experiances and all honesty your better of learning from a tafe course and doing a on the job somewhere else, I found the bigger the company the easier it is to lose track of there employees.....
I wont go into to much gory details but lets just say that alot goes down behind the scenes at crown.....
Pros
Free Lunch, uniform washed and ironed, free boots once a year.
Cons
To many to explain....read review
Awesome workplace, terrible hours
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 March 2019
I really enjoyed working here but I had to work overnight and that really impacted my mental health. The food was amazing and the training was world class.
rewarding
Maintenance Manager (Chief Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 October 2018
I was surrounded a great team of managers and a highly regarded manager to support me. I was given autonomony in my role and was a senior leadership role which i desired. I was able to introduce my own style and initiatives which will be a legacy left there which i am proud of.
Pros
Free lunches, opportunity
Cons
Position made redundant
Good place to work, good pay for the work required, 24/7 availability required
Employee (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 September 2018
Crown is a good place to work, the pay is good (although only penalty rates on public holidays) and the team you work with are nice. They require 24/7 availability which isn't so bad but no extra pay for late shifts - they counter this with a higher flat rate of pay.
Pros
Free meals on shift, good pay
Cons
Can be repetitive or mundane
Great place to work.
Gaming Technician Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC20 July 2018
It's a great place to work. The job was both challenging and really tested your problem solving capabilities. We worked a rotating roster. We look after all of the gaming machines across the gaming floor. The job was a mix of electrical, electronic and mechanical.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Office politics.
Productive and all staff are super friendly
Food and Beverage Attendant - Casual (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 July 2018
full training provided, all staff members are easy to get along with and are supportive of others. as a casual staff member you can work in different parts of Crown
Pros
Free buffet lunch per shift, flexible working hours
Cons
competitive to get the shift you want
WorkCover Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria29 June 2018
I have worked with this company for an extended period of time and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I would recommend the company to anyone seeking varied career opportunities and progression.
Fun and energetic workplace
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 June 2018
The workplace provide a high job security toward the staffs. All the policy are well clarify and provide excellent premium benefit to all the staff members.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Late hours
Productive work place to enhance your skills
Job profile as F&B Attendant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 May 2018
Crown Melbourne is a friendly and nice place to work and management makes you comfortable while working with them.
Free meals are provided to staff during their shift in an International dining room.
Pros
Good pay, free food and tea/coffee and discounted rate parking
Cons
No full time positions are available
Fun and interesting working place of my life
Front of House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 May 2018
It was a great experience.
I love to join again if I get a chance . As a supervisor it was very stree .but everything I can forget with the environment.
Pros
Free meals
Good
Crown Hotel (AHS) Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 February 2018
Was a good experience! Involved to much and wasn’t the right job for me. Also required me to travel to far. Enjoyed meeting a lot of people there and was a good environment to work in.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hard work
A pleasant supportive and entertaining work place I sincerley enjoyed
Crown Casino Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 December 2017
Working at Crown was an enriching experience. Interacting with people from all walks of life has been a learning experience.
Crown takes good care of its workers, providing uniforms, food and most importantly a avenue for participation in decision making.
Doing shift work was the hard part but learning to balance work and family helped. I have learned to deal with difficult situations assisted by proper procedures applied by Crown.
Pros
free food and uniform hampers at Christmas
Cons
it is well known there is no good shift in shift work
everything is good
dealer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 August 2017
every people work in different departments are qualified, team work spirit good, management is good. different options for different people to choose. variable working hours.
Life as a dealer
Croupier (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 August 2017
The hardest part of the job would be the hours, for example night shift can be pretty tough and can take time to get use to. The other hardest part of the job is having a social life when you are on night rotation, because you are awake when everyone is asleep and working when everyone is free for the weekend.

The best part would be my colleges. They make my day everyday.
I love the flexibility with working hours and arrangements.
I like that i don't have to bring my own lunch.
I have a Good relationship with a lot of the supervisors/managers that I know. But in saying that there is a lot of managers employed at crown being as there are over 2000 dealers and 3 shifts (Morning, Day and Night shift).
Pros
Get fed, Uniform washed and ironed, flexible hours, break every hour twenty for twenty mins
Cons
work weekend nights, possibility working NYE, Christmas eve and other public holidays.
Fun place to work with lots happening all the time
Manager Corporate Systems (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 May 2017
Focus is on core gaming business, leading to excellent opportunities if you are in the gaming domain.
Lot of opportunities also exist for those in hospitality domain.
Pros
Free Lunches, always busy.
Fast Paced, working with different cultures, friendly
VIP Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Crown Resorts: Melbourne28 May 2017
My role was to assist members, with loyalty programmes, maintaining all VIP Rooms, training and mentoring staff. Weekly audits, hosting events, working alongside, managers and assisting other departments with enquiries
Pros
Uniform is provided, staff parking, meals
great workplace environment
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 May 2017
the management team is easy to approach
the environment is fun and the teamwork is so strong especially in housekeeping team
learned more about customer service skills and complaint handling
though some supervisors are too blunt and underestimate the staff some times
Pros
great working hours
friendly environment
Guest Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 May 2017
-friendly environment
-room to grow
-very productive
-innovative
-dynamic
-always have room for improvement
-great pay rate
-great hours
-equal opportunity employment
Good job
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crown VIC5 March 2017
Long hours. Can be stressful if you make it stressful. Can be rewarding too. Be prepared for backlash and having to balance staff and management. . . . .
productive and fun workplace
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 February 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be seeing happy customers, walking away satisfied, knowing you had done your job in providing exceptional service to our guests.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Melbourne Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2