Crown Melbourne Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Crown Melbourne Limited Employee Reviews

Australia37 reviews
Worked in production. Fresh ingredients precut and packaged. Sauces made by internal department. As organised as can be. You can spend a lot of time just standing around though, waiting for functions to commence.
Pros
Free meals, not stressful, time to network
Cons
Can be boring, no overtime, can be repetitive
Advanced Roster planning, apps available to check rosters, wages
and news of Crown and great benefits such as flexible hours, gym membership, tailor-made uniforms and showers facility
Pros
Free meals/Great wages
Cons
Great place to work, they supply you a uniform and food.
They have great flexible working arrangements...............................................
Say goodbye to your work/life balance and your weekends! Terrific pay to deal with rude customers and at times hopeless managers at all hours of the day.

Cherish the single weekend a month you get off if you’re full time...you’ll almost be guaranteed to work every weekend if you’re part time.
An enjoyable place to work with friendly staff around each corner. Hours can be tough but are easy tp get used to. very busy on weekends so high energy is a must.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
stressful at times
Changing hours of works every 2 months, hard to find parking space and is very expensive. You see drunk peoples all the time and sometimes you have to cope with trouble peoples.
I don't want to write a review because I don't think it is necessary going forward for me to get a job and tbh is a bit of a waste of my time but I hope this makes up 150 characters
It's unfortunate that spoken english during working hours is not enforced ! English may not be my native tongue but I choose to communicate and converse socially in english as I don't want the other person who doesn't understand my native dialect to feel uncomfortable.
I made the mistake of thinking Crown operates like a normal organisation. It doesnt - its a casino and believe me it wont take long before you're treated like another mouth to feed. This organisation hires cut throat manager that have no real human quality's.
Great employers, definitely look after their staff. Not great for work life balance, however they do try to be accommodating. It's a very well run establishment, or at least the table games department is.
Pros
Free meals at staff restaurant x2 per shift
Cons
Work/life balance
Very long working hours (12-13 hour shifts) with minimal lunch break times and very low under below standard minimum pay.
Job was very fun and easy though.
• Solely responsible for answering calls from supervisor and managers of allocated gaming zone and to provide immediate service where necessary.
• Demonstrated fluent English and proven confident in communicating with people from diverse backgrounds.

• Ensure high quality of customer service while working with and around members of the public

• Work autonomously with minimum supervision and alert for on-the-spot cleaning services.

• Provided reliable service efficiently and effectively in given time frame.
Company expects you to perform an endless list of tasks and offers a salary well below other betting companies. Never any mention of a pay rise. Management will be on your case for even the smallest errors or oversights and they will use even the slightest indiscretion against you. Management in the meantime milk their role for all it's worth.
Pros
Social events
Cons
Treat you like children
Badly trained vindictive management who play favourites. Anyone who dares to have an opinion other than "betfair is great, long live betfair" is treated like rubbish. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Micro management and nepotism
After working here at crown for 2 years as an apprentice chef I got a good understanding of how they run there business. I personally feel they lie and deceive alot of there customers about being 'premium' if you truly worked behind the scenes you would see that crown really is no different from your other restaurants, yes the plates up is fancy and they like to sell you over priced food. I will give them this much depending on the restaurant you work in and how the chefs are brought up with there cooking skills you can get some amazing food there.
I just personally found there apprenticeship program a bit of a joke and they try to sugar coat it with a higher pay rate, but for what? I was ingaged starting fresh willing to learn and be molded into what i was hoping a perfessional 5 star chef. But instead I got bullied thrown down and my learning progression wasnt targeting the goals i had in mind, they didnt really cater for what i wanted from the experiances and all honesty your better of learning from a tafe course and doing a on the job somewhere else, I found the bigger the company the easier it is to lose track of there employees.....

I wont go into to much gory details but lets just say that alot goes down behind the scenes at crown.....
Pros
Free Lunch, uniform washed and ironed, free boots once a year.
Cons
To many to explain....read review
I really enjoyed working here but I had to work overnight and that really impacted my mental health. The food was amazing and the training was world class.
I like my shift working hours and it suits my current lifestyle with one school going teenage kid. Been working as dealer closes to 10 yrs, and has been full time for 4 years. Its hard to switch or find another job that is able to pay my current rate at $39.06 per hour. You will be provided with 2 meals per shift, free laundered/clean uniforms and subsidised staff car parking (but I hardly used the staff car park coz I work night shifts that having free and by parking off the street). You are rostered according to your minimum working hours either part time or full time. I am a full time dealer and rostered 152 hours per every 4 weeks roster. You can pick up shifts from other dealers or Crown Windows either directly or from online Crown Mobile App. You can giveaway or swap shifts between/among dealers. There are 3 typical standard shift working hours, 1. Morning shift 4am till 12 noon, 2. Day shifts 12 noon till 8pm and 3. Night shifts 8pm till 4am.
Pros
Free 2 meals per shift and free clean/Laundered uniforms.
Cons
Work on weekends and public holiday, Working in smoking environment. Some games are physically demanding and may get injured.
I was surrounded a great team of managers and a highly regarded manager to support me. I was given autonomony in my role and was a senior leadership role which i desired. I was able to introduce my own style and initiatives which will be a legacy left there which i am proud of.
Pros
Free lunches, opportunity
Cons
Position made redundant
Crown is a good place to work, the pay is good (although only penalty rates on public holidays) and the team you work with are nice. They require 24/7 availability which isn't so bad but no extra pay for late shifts - they counter this with a higher flat rate of pay.
Pros
Free meals on shift, good pay
Cons
Can be repetitive or mundane
It's a great place to work. The job was both challenging and really tested your problem solving capabilities. We worked a rotating roster. We look after all of the gaming machines across the gaming floor. The job was a mix of electrical, electronic and mechanical.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Office politics.
full training provided, all staff members are easy to get along with and are supportive of others. as a casual staff member you can work in different parts of Crown
Pros
Free buffet lunch per shift, flexible working hours
Cons
competitive to get the shift you want
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Melbourne Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
Crown Melbourne Limited Reviews by Location