Crown Melbourne Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at Crown Melbourne Limited: 179 Crown Melbourne Limited Reviews

Australia179 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Love hate relationship

Crown is like a toxic relationship. You have this love hate relationship. But look overall, I wouldn't want anything different. I worked for 4 years moving through different levels of the Guest Service team within Metropol. You name it, I almost saw everything. Metropol was a super busy and stressful at times hotel. Staff turnover is huge but not a bad thing. However this did effect the team being short staffed many of the times but we made it work.When I was a bell staff member, we had the most casual staff come through. Crown only hires the best and you can tell but now and again a bad one slipped through. Same with management, overall they were allllll amazing but some supervisors didn't deserve their job.Crown looks after their staff very well. You get free meals daily at the canteen (after a year it feels the same but hey its free). They launder everything. You get a huge locker. There is a staff only Gym. Discounts at everything within the Crown company and many other offers from 3rd party companies like insurance, car finance, etc. One service I would suggest is joining the Crown union. Only because you never know when working in such a big business and their Union is amazing.Overall expect to be pushed to your limits. I started at Crown when I was 19 and it really made me into who I am now. I resigned from Crown 2 years ago and would love to one day return.

Pros

high pay, flexible hours, free food and services

Cons

the pressure

Great company

Really enjoyed working at Crown Great people Fun job Meet alot of interesting people Good team Friendly atmosphere Lovely uniform Free canteen with buffet

Pros

Pay, benefits, work life balance

Cons

Night shifts

you get out what u put in

enjoyed working here for almost 20 years,progression is possible and u gain skills along the way,huge company room to move internally if you wish,fast paced

Pros

uniform, meals, superannuation paid into account every 2 weeks

Cons

shift work

Great

Crown is a beautiful place to work the people are helpful and the salary is great the environment is very good to work. There is a buffet staff restaurant open 24 hrs and that is really good!

Pros

Great salary, Lunch, Good work ethic and culture

Cons

Nada

Good work place

Work place provided uniform along with storage space. Well managed work shifts and proper hygiene maintained within the facility. Overall well balanced workplace.

Great place to start your career. They really push for younger employees to apply for senior positions. Receive two meals a day in the staff restaurant included in your salary. Uniforms are laundered and pressed for you. Have a staff convenience shop a staff discount store. Gymnasium which is cheap.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Shift work

I’m a former employee- all management in those days were not approachable, very demanding,

Stressful environment, starving for a 5 star experience with minimum offer for staff , contractors were treated like secondary employees , privilege was always given to employees who are directly employed by hotel

Very happy there and only left due to relocation to different state. Fast paced great structured, big company with lots of benefit. ( not sure if it is still like before)

Pros

Big company

Cons

Shift work so not good for work life balance

Rewarding work experience

This is a position to not only become a professional , but you can learn new skills , up skill with courses , work different shifts to fit different lifestyles , it’s progressive challenging and providing a 5 star experience for guests is very rewarding. The nature of the work is varied and never boring.

Pros

Fun glacé to work and lovely food provided

Cons

Can be abusive customers mixed with alcohol

Productive and fun work place

At the first day of my job, I got to learn so many things for ex; some chemicals that I did not know at my previous jobs for cleaning. The staff management and availability of the adequate cleaning equipment is very impressive. All the staffs whether senior or junior , all are very friendly and supportive. I did not find any of the task tough.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

not any

Friendly working environment

Management are very nice and cooperative. Workplace environment is safe and very friendly. We work together in a team to balance a heavy workload and time managing.

Casino

Great company to work for however an industry that requires someone who is available 24:7 for shift work. Being on your feet for over 10 hours as operating your own section in each department.

Great employer

Great employer - great place to work - good wages - training opportunities at Crown College in security and hospitality and cooking - strongly recommend

Very Productive work

Working at crown was a fun and very motivating experience , they'll always push us to be the best that we can b. Crown as a workplace is a great place to work for

What you'd expect

Worked in production. Fresh ingredients precut and packaged. Sauces made by internal department. As organised as can be. You can spend a lot of time just standing around though, waiting for functions to commence.

Pros

Free meals, not stressful, time to network

Cons

Can be boring, no overtime, can be repetitive

Great place to work and great supportive superiors

Advanced Roster planning, apps available to check rosters, wages and news of Crown and great benefits such as flexible hours, gym membership, tailor-made uniforms and showers facility

Pros

Free meals/Great wages

Fun place to work

Great place to work, they supply you a uniform and food. They have great flexible working arrangements...............................................

provides training to train new and current employees

trainings are given to new and current employees to keep employees up to date with their job, always support staffs when needed and have a very well balance multi-cultured working environment

Productive company with great culture

The bosses are quite nice. Spend more time in communications would be needed to work with people in the Crown group. The overall quality of the people who work there is quite high and proficient.

No work/life balance

Say goodbye to your work/life balance and your weekends! Terrific pay to deal with rude customers and at times hopeless managers at all hours of the day. Cherish the single weekend a month you get off if you’re full time...you’ll almost be guaranteed to work every weekend if you’re part time.

Fast based and enjoyable environment

An enjoyable place to work with friendly staff around each corner. Hours can be tough but are easy tp get used to. very busy on weekends so high energy is a must.

Pros

competitive pay

Cons

stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Melbourne Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Crown Melbourne Limited