Crown Resorts

Crown Resorts Employee Reviews

Australia258 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Great place to work for 5 star hospitality

Crown is an institution. If you want the very best in hospitality training, exposure and potential you work here. I would easily return here for work.

Pros

Free uniform, free dry cleaning, free lunch.

Cons

Long hours, insecurity, casual shifts based off app

Draining and Stressful

Overworked to the bone, base rate pay, and expected you to pick up extra shifts. Management were very arrogant, felt like you were just a number and that you could not go to them for support.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Hours

Great money

pros:-staff buffet provides good meal for ur break-Pay is fantastic-most of employees/managers are chill ascons:-weekends and late nights-can be VERY toxic management in some venues-$6 staff parking but sometimes parking is full-if u live far its an annoying/costly commute.

Upper management heavy

There seems to be an extremely high turnover of management staff due to micromanagement from senior-level executives and managers and lack of growth or freedom to execute their own ideas and initiatives. This makes it tough on EA staff.

Pros

Free lunch, job security

Cons

Toxic work culture, extremely hierarchical

Amazing place to work , professional management

amazing work culture Crown always provide the best thing for staffUniform ready for every shift Meal provide for all staffOnly thing is graveyard shift are hard sometimesBut i always get a fair rotation

Good outweighs any bad

The shift work and weekend work can be draining but for me the benefits (free meals, paid breaks, nice discount) outway that. I don't mind weekends too much as working in the casino doesn't always feel like work. The workplace values are great, I feel really comfortable and supported when talking to management. Everyone is really helpful and understanding.

Working Crowen is fun

Best place to work @ Crowen, specifically the food is so good, I used to work epicarian kitchen the chefs are friendly, all the atmosphere were great

Fantastic people throughout organisation at all levels. Free meal each day/night. Free snacks, parking and cheap dry-cleaning

Peak periods can be full-on in every department. Meal periods are the busy times particularly before shows and festive occasions. Shifts are available 24/7 so unless your area is not open 24/7, expect to be available for those shifts. So you really need a driver's license.Quality of people is very high.Customer-focus is everywhere.Many fantastic regular customers. Local, interstate and overseas. Workplace culture was very supportive during my many years there. Post-takeover (2022) I cannot say. But its the people you work with that make or break the experience. My experience was fantastic - loved it.The hardest part of the job could be;1. The shift work but I adapted.2. The busiest times are crazy busy. Generally though good teams are everywhere so you all pull through.The most enjoyable part of the jobs I had were the relationships I developed with staff I came to trust and care for because of their commitment and work ethic, humour and preparedness to do what needs to be done - together.These comments apply broadly across the business. Talent is everywhere. Join them.

Pros

Free parking every day. Safety and security. Full buffet meals. Daily uniform. Great teams.

Cons

Shift work can be a challenge but you build it into your life.

Fun and sociable work environment

Great fun and sociable environment t work. But inflexible management not family friendly hours. Great staff benefits and duty meals provided each shift.

Pros

Free duty meals

Cons

Inflexible shift hours

Fun working & exhausting

You may be able to pick shifts at plenty of other restaurants and cafes in crown. Fun at times, you make good friends for life. But very exhausting sometimes.

No day is the same, always have colleagues supporting you

I've had some days and nights when I wanted to quit, I wanted to give up. We all go through life with difficulties, we just need to learn how to handle them. To be honest, there are more good times then there are bad.

long hours, reasonable pay, stressful work

Your experience at crown will depend on the outlet you go to. They pay fairly, launder your uniforms and feed you with a pretty bad staff buffet during breaks. Currently working at nobu Melbourne and found training and management to be poor, however co workers are great people and very helpful. Hours can be brutal across all outlets. Say goodbye to your weekends as these are the main days they are looking for in terms of availability.

Great staff, not so great management.

The staff really help one another, all the training comes from the staff as you go. There is a very us vs them culture when it comes to management. Upper management are disorganised, each month pushing a new agenda, pitting supervisors against each other and talking down to staff. Extremely toxic environment. It could be an incredible place if it wasn't for small handful of people in upper management.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Long hours, toxic management

Okay I guess

Late nights, repetitive work, constant chopping and changing of management bringing inconsistencies in standards. Training is paid and plentiful and hourly wage for casuals is high.

Pros

Uniforms cleaned, free food

Cons

Late nights.

Professional and supportive

They look after their employees Very approachable managersWork life balance is thereVery flexible and friendly atmosphere.diversity and inclusion are highly upheld

Wish it was better

I’m an employee of 4 years and it has been a horrible experience as management don’t care about how shifts are spaced out and are not fairly distributed between staff (eg, I worked 7am finish, then given one day off, then working 7am start for two months) The more you work the lesser the penalties, you don’t feel appreciate, the base rate is way too low for the amount of stress, management is so poor when an employee asked for compassion leave for a good reason it was refused, and harassment is not dealt with at all. Trying so hard to leave right now. For a big company they are not organised.If you want to work here only go casual! That’s the only way you will get your money’s worth!

Good employee benefits

There is free on-site parking, staff discounts, and no need to worry about washing your uniform as they sort it out for you. Well organised and offers excellent training programs

Pros

Free Meal

Cons

Long Hours

Good salary

Good money for the job but overall have to deal with all the drunk, arrogant, big mouth. If you don't care what the patron said, you would be fine. Free food and working in aircon are the only positive about this job

Pros

Free food

Fun working place

Great chance to show off my talents, great processes and systems. Amazing leadership and direction. Enjoyed the ability to voice my opinion and have them heard.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Night shift

Bad culture, higherups don't care about staff

Avoid! Burnout coming quick. Higherups push all their work down. Don't care about the impact of their decisions on their teams. Could be great. Some people work here long time and I wonder how you become one of them and sleep well at night.

Free canteen food and parking

Cruisy job, pays the bill but very dependant on various personality suitability. hardest part of the job is being career progression, enjoyable part of the job is you do not bring the job back home, once you are done with your shift, that is it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Crown Resorts