Crowne Plaza Hotel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews

Australia52 reviews
Not a great place to work, they do pay well which is probably the only positive thing there. Not a very supportive work place . No work life balance no guarantee of shifts and no real reward or recognition for a job well done.
Cons
No work life balance and department managers can be unprofessional
The treatment of staff is bismal at best. If your a bad worker you get 3-4 shifts a week. If your a good worker you get 7 days a week, 10+ hours a day with little to no support & poor management communication.
Pros
Friends, Experience, Connections
Cons
Overworking, Poor managment, little communication.
This is my best experience in Crowne Plaza I learned lots of new thinks on this hotel all chefs are very helpful and positive it was busy all the time I did breakfast, lunch, dinner service.
Great People, great facilities, fantastic service. Team environment that care about you. Job security, big hotel with lots of work. Great learning Hotel.
Pros
Team work
Cons
You get what you give
From interview to first day on the job thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Crowne, management were awesome and friendly, awesome to see a large variety of different ethnicities
Great chef, good experience overall. very friendly team, not as busy as a was expecting, but it was a good thing since we were not many during shifts.
Pros
Great head chef
Enjoys my works at Crown Plaza, IHG Parliament House Canberra. Greatly to met the very highest importance peoples. Great company, many good staffs. Good supervisors. Great coordination corporations. Great team work.
Constant work with amazing management making sure your always looked after in the work environment. The hardest part was the long hours joined in with school however the best of the job was the people and constant socialising with customers.
This is a good place to be to work although can go through quite a lot of quiet periods with no work lasting up to weeks which can be a struggle. I have learnt a range of things working at this 4 star hotel, things that are even handy in day to day life. The management of the Crowne Plaza is good although rosters can be unfair and others will be given a lot more shifts than others will receive and I believe shifts should be rotated to give others a fair go. The hardest part of the job probably is not going off your roster finish hours and not knowing how early in the morning you will be finishing after long nights of service and cleaning.
Fun work place with great team building activities. Management always go above and beyond to accommodate staff requirement and are flexible employers.
During the interview, I was asked a lot about my barista experience, (70% of my interview questions are barista related), I accepted this job because I thought I was gonna work as a barista for most of the time.

I worked 4 days a week, and 2 out of my 4 shifts were barista shifts, I was totally fine with it. I had about 18 months of barista experience and customers usually love the coffees I made. However, after less than 2 months, the manager removed all my barista shifts. Losing my barista shifts = losing my passion.

My overall experience at Crowne: Most staffs are nice. Some team leaders however, are unhelpful and arrogant. Some of them don't do much work and ask us to do all the jobs. A good leader should work with his team members instead of telling the members what they must do.

I love some managers here, they are really nice. But I also got set up after submitting my resignation letter. On Monday, I asked for a day off for Friday. I found a colleague who can cover my shift. I told the manager if I could get a day off on Friday. He agreed. However on Thursday night, he contacted the person who was gonna cover my shift and told her she doesn't need to cover my shift anymore.

And on Friday morning, the manager emailed me and said: "As you unable to attend your shift today 15 November due to personal reasons, I will not require you to attend your rostered shifts on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 November." I feel being set up and really disappointed.

On my contract, I enrolled as a part time worker. When I first started my job at Crowne Plaza, I asked
 - more...
Lots of systems to learn and good training for staff. Great opportunity to travel throughout the brand.

Great place to work and flexible with working arrangements in some roles.
Never thanked, constantly belittled, managers can’t accept that some people are introverted.

Authoritarian, dictatorial, capitalistic nightmare of a place to work.

Don’t work here unless you are fond of being degraded and made to feel worthless.

Worst company I’ve ever worked for.
Cons
Had zero support or help when I asked as I was struggling with rude guests and did not no how to handle it. I got nothing and was told to write a email to HR buy HR..
Pros
Free salad at lunch
Cons
Long hours. Poor pay and little support for the workers.
-team work
-working in busy environment

-various background people

-rewards and awards are the most motivating part of job

-staff launch party

-enjoy working with various culture people
Pros
free launches
Cons
was a really great place to work. very friendly staff and a good sense of community as soon as you start. hours were flexible however i was only a casual team
friendly and welcoming work environment. the workplace culture was a positive one, no one was discriminated in regards to their gender and religion. hardest part was getting there by public transport.
Always short staffed. Staff not trained properly and lack of information from superiors ,always had to struggle with doing the job and always new faces came and went
Cons
This job involved all aspects of handyman maintenance. We painted, replaced faulty light globes and tubes, updated lights in rooms to led lamps, changed leaky washers in room taps, carried out swimming pool water tests, repaired and/or replaced door locks etc. We also fixed and eliminated breakdowns anywhere in the building.
Pros
Free lunchs and clean uniforms
Cons
Periodic weekend work
Loved working with all the girls....it was get in get your job done CORRECTLY, work at a fast pace. i felt important at this job as i was trusted with checking rooms after other room attendants.
Pros
Free lunch
I couldnt recomment this as a place to work any more, 10 out of 10. It offers great work life balance. Endless opportunity to grow professionally with first class training and a promotion was always available!