Crowne Plaza Hotel

Australia60 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 60 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,730 reviews

Crazy

Stressful not helpful.Management is always there to cut corners Too much staff attrition and shortage is always there.One of the worst places to work at

Stressful and not helpful

Management is too narrow. No one from the management is helpful and supportive. Too many staff cut even on busy period.. Management does not care about staff..Staffs are demotivated. Not appreciated for their hard work.. They only care about saving money 💵 Staffs are not allowed to take sick leave. Moreover, Thay have their own policy that staffs cant get sick.

Great hotel to work for

Great staff. Decent pay. Good benefits. Overall a really rewarding place to work for and the location is perfect. Highly recommended, especially if you are after career growth.

They don’t care about staffs, they only care about money

Nothing to talk about…no staff meals, parking, laundry.. low salary. Poor management, they would keep tell you about promotion but it all about mangers play their power. Don’t waste your time here.

Everything provided training programs for career progression, amenities, showers, uniform, and main important think is friends.

From when I first arrived for my interview right up to the present day they have always treated me with respect, friendly, kind, and generous with nothing bad about working here we are all like family we support each team member from, chef's ,food and beverage, kitchen Stewarding,. receptionist, front desk, hotel management, happy and healthy and friendly working environment always smiling greeting helping each other such an amazing opportunity to be working at CPDH.

Pros

Free lunch and dinner and also drinks and snacks and beverages plus Coffee

Cons

There are no cons about working here at CPDH.

Fun place to work

Excellent job in a fantastic location every day involved new challenges. A great work life balance and opportunity to meet guests with a diverse background

The have all products and nice one

The hotel it very presentation and beautiful very clean and respecte full the superviser there very seriously with the job and free lunch and the payment day is very respecte, so this hotel it was good for me

Crowne Plaza Windsor

Difficult to rate company as it’s more the management you need to rate of this particular hotel. A very select few actually care about the guest, it’s more about self gain. Two pivotal roles in particular, ones you need most of all I believe show no support and constant sniggering behind peoples back which is really sad and disappointing; The HR manager and the Operations Manager. With time I am sure this will be ironed out. I have seen a lot of good staff leave over the past 18 months

Pros

Location, friendly team

Cons

Management Team, Support

The treatment of staff is bismal at best.

The treatment of staff is bismal at best. If your a bad worker you get 3-4 shifts a week. If your a good worker you get 7 days a week, 10+ hours a day with little to no support & poor management communication.

Pros

Friends, Experience, Connections

Cons

Overworking, Poor managment, little communication.

High stress toxic workplace

Not a great place to work, they do pay well which is probably the only positive thing there. Not a very supportive work place . No work life balance no guarantee of shifts and no real reward or recognition for a job well done.

Cons

No work life balance and department managers can be unprofessional

One of my great experience with Crowne Plaza

This is my best experience in Crowne Plaza I learned lots of new thinks on this hotel all chefs are very helpful and positive it was busy all the time I did breakfast, lunch, dinner service.

Awesome!

Great People, great facilities, fantastic service. Team environment that care about you. Job security, big hotel with lots of work. Great learning Hotel.

Pros

Team work

Cons

You get what you give

awesome culture great benefit

I've only have great things to say whilst working here. As a chef i understand i wont have work/ life balance. but that's a given in everywhere. so therefore the bad outcomes was expected. But overall the place was very good culturally and it gave me a lot of freedom to be me.

Pros

A lot

Cons

work life balance

great place to work

very friendly work environment, good working hours and suitable payment..... I would definitely recommend working here................................

productive.

the work environment is very good working at the Crowne plaza. very helpful, teamwork and everybody look after each other pretty well. Was fortunate to work in great team.

Awesome workplace

From interview to first day on the job thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Crowne, management were awesome and friendly, awesome to see a large variety of different ethnicities

nice team

Great chef, good experience overall. very friendly team, not as busy as a was expecting, but it was a good thing since we were not many during shifts.

Pros

Great head chef

Greatly company, good staffs, nice manager, great management.

Enjoys my works at Crown Plaza, IHG Parliament House Canberra. Greatly to met the very highest importance peoples. Great company, many good staffs. Good supervisors. Great coordination corporations. Great team work.

Productive,fast passed and highly professional work environment

Constant work with amazing management making sure your always looked after in the work environment. The hardest part was the long hours joined in with school however the best of the job was the people and constant socialising with customers.

Good place to work with good staff

This is a good place to be to work although can go through quite a lot of quiet periods with no work lasting up to weeks which can be a struggle. I have learnt a range of things working at this 4 star hotel, things that are even handy in day to day life. The management of the Crowne Plaza is good although rosters can be unfair and others will be given a lot more shifts than others will receive and I believe shifts should be rotated to give others a fair go. The hardest part of the job probably is not going off your roster finish hours and not knowing how early in the morning you will be finishing after long nights of service and cleaning.

Productive and fun place

Good place to start to work in australia as an immigrant. I got my citizenship through this company. They are very supportive regarding work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowne Plaza Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Crowne Plaza Hotel with