Crunch Fitness
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Crunch Fitness Employee Reviews

A large fitness complex filled with a variety of equipment offering a range of classes also... A family feel to it, keeps me motivated with the flexibility of its membership and times of opening too.
Met heaps of good people, both colleagues and members. Good work-life balance as shifts are usually 5-6 hours long. Mornings are super early and boring/quiet but you get the rest of the day off. Evening shifts are fast-paced and exciting but you finish later. Typical day would involve taking potential members on gym tours, finalising payments on members profile, and making sure the gym floor is tidy. Management isn't the best as sometimes we were left stranded with no knowledge nor prior warning with instructors not showing up / classes being cancelled etc. which makes us look bad for the members. Developed good people skills through building rapport with potential members and dealing with various member complaints. A very relaxed working environment with exciting peak-hour spikes.
I was a retail assistant for the gym product at crunch fitness and it was a good job and they gave me free membership for the gym. It was full-time job with a good salary.
Pros
Fee Gym
Cons
Decent Hours
Crunch seems like a fun place to work but in reality its not, you apply for job that is misleading and its a fake environment to work in, no one actually cares about you. They treat their members like they are just a number and not a real person who is working towards goals and healthier lifestyles. I wouldn't recommend working there if you actually care about health and people. Customer service is poor and so is the team environment.
Enjoyed the job meeting lots of people and the benefits that came with the job. flexible hours and laid back managers. Had goals and targets we had to hit each month
A typical day at work fluctuates with fast paced and relaxed. On the days where we are highly populated with members we need to be quick on our feet and able to multitask with tasks.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Biasness
Great vibe of people to work with. Great culture and good management style. Always looking for new things, the company is always open to new programs and ideas which makes it a very forward thinking company to work with.
Pros
lots of exciting training
Cons
I now live too far away :(
A work place that has no care for their employees Employees are not treated fairly whatsoever Employees are shamed about what they wear Workers are pinned to fight one another for positions
Pros
free membership
Cons
terrible environment
the job is nice, not sure about job advancement/ opportunities. Old management gave free memberships now they do not do that easy job, not hard work, short shifts, nice staff and manager
When arriving at work we had to wear our crunch promoting shirt and tights with closed shoes, once we go to the office the manager decides what we have to for promotional work, whether we had to travel somewhere else or stay in the same area. Crunch helped me build my communication skills with customers which helped with making a lot of sales anywhere we promoted. Management was consistent with the shifts and always had ideas for making more sales. Team members all got along and enjoyed their time working there. The hardest part of the job was travelling as I didn't have a license and we had to go certain places (such as town hall, alexandria, greenacre etc) on time and it was difficult. Most enjoyable part was the fun work ideas they had in mind for us to participate in, talking to a lot of customers and places we went to promote.
Pros
Rewards for completing competitions
Cons
Travelling without a license
It is quite a nice working place. I can engage with positive and energetic people coming to the gym. Being an Membership Officer, i have a good chance to improve Customer service skill as well as sale skill.
Pros
Free workout
Cons
Short hours, only 10 hours/ week
Une journée de travail typique consistait en l'accueil des membres de la salle de sport, le maintien de la propreté du club, et la réception, la vente ainsi que l'inscription de nouvelles personnes. Toujours à deux, c'est un travail où il faut être dynamique, sociable et souriant. Il y a un veritable travail d'équipe.
Extremely friendly and very professional. We were a very tight team and everyone respected each other. I enjoyed my time at Crunch and leaned so much from my time there.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
long hours on feet