Crunch Fitness
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Crunch Fitness Employee Reviews

A large fitness complex filled with a variety of equipment offering a range of classes also... A family feel to it, keeps me motivated with the flexibility of its membership and times of opening too.
I teach Yoga here. The pay is good and class type is flexible. They have provided some training on the other formats and encourage cross training. Good so far.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
I worked in this company for 6 years. I worked at 7 locationsWithin those 6 years, I felt largely overworked, underpaid, and under-appreciated. I worked nearly everyday, and for extended periods of time, i actually worked everyday, including holidays like July 4, Thanksgiving, and New Years. While I was there, I requested a pay increase 3 times, but was constantly told that I needed to have, "just one more" certification, degree, class, etc. to get paid more or move up in the department. And after 3 degrees and 4 fitness certifications, I was told that I could not receive a promotion or a pay increase because of "budgeting" reasons. I was regularly congratulated for having some of the largest member turnouts for classes, being one of the hardest working instructors in the region, for performing exceptionally well during the trainings, and high reporting of member satisfaction. However, all of those praises fall short when stacked against the lack of support I received as an employee. When sick, it was my job to find someone to work for me, and if no one could, I was often pressured to come in anyway or risk being written up. There was a constant game of favoritism being played from the local managers to the owners. There were several employees who came in after me with and were paid the amount I was constantly denied. When I experienced harassment from other employees and gym members, I was not given the same kind of protection and support that I knew the job had a history of providing other employees with. Instructors were often seen as the bottom of the barrel, and were - more...
Pros
Members are inviting and supportive.
Cons
Little opportunity to move up, favoritism, lack of professionalism
I loved working here mostly because of the people. The biggest downside is that you have to work for a while before being able to get health benefits.
The staff is not friendly and don't keep the gym clean. They have to many people and kids there and not enough workers. They don't speak friendly to you when you come in the door. Bathroom are nasty.
Pros
Cons
No breaks or personal time.
I am speaking based on 2 different gym locations I worked at. Overall, loved it. There is a lot of high energy multitasking/ different type of work to do and slow boring work too. If you work in a busy club and have a fun staff, it makes everything so much better. You are expected to sell a lot, but if you enjoy interacting with people, that's easy for you. Sometimes the communication with management is not the best and I felt unappreciated at times. But like most jobs, the pros outdo the cons. I learned A LOT with this job and can now say I have thick skin and a lot of patience for people. (Members can be harsh) If you hate cleaning, selling and being on your feet for a long time, this won't be the job for you. Otherwise, it you are naturally an energetic person, like I am, this is perfect for you. The employers genuinely care about their workers & will always work with your schedule, especially if you are still in school.
Pros
Free gym membership/ connections
Cons
lack of communication
Was excited to work at the gym because i can be fit and work at the same time not only that but i get to meet alot of new people everyday! unfortunately my supervisors had other ideas. from the time i got there i did not receive proper training. they just toss u in the burner. Then you have secure at least 10 memberships everyday you work. i was given 4 hr shifts and they expect me to sign in 10 new members every time. not only is it hard because the GM of the Club is taking the new members that come in or the assistant Gm. unprofessional and rude and they try to really break you down. im sure other clubs are different but this one that i worked at in particular was the worst job ive ever had!
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
Rude Bosses / unreachable goals
The franchise group for Crunch Fitness in the SouthEast is one of the poorest run companies I've ever worked for, consulted for, sold to or had any interaction with. They do not care about their employees well being (I was hurt on the job then dismissed for my position when I attempted to return). The area manager came in to terminate me because the GM wasn't capable of having the conversation. What you can except:Hard core, shady sales tacticsA boss who doesn't care for you in the least.No trainingNo new hire process for on boardingNo management or personal development training for GM's, AGM'sI would highly suggest you stay away from this franchise group.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Too many to list
Busy location with a lot of demanding clients. Clear work duties and structure, but the need more staff. Not enough people to complete everything in a day, unless you work late (on your own time).
Pros
Casual environment.
Cons
Pay is not competitive.
There are no incentives long hours, horrible management. All they want is money in their pockets can careless about the clubs as a whole stay away!!
Una muy buena compañia aprendí mucho en los 4 años de trabajo. Pero de un tiempo para aca fueron mensajes amenasantes hacia todo el departamento en el cual trabajaba ...
Pros
Buen ambiente, buena paga
Cons
No hay ni area de comer, mensajes fuera de lugar
Position is purely commission. Draw is 7.50 an hour, but will get you heat from management. Also known to steal commissions. Complete garbage. Club manager was more interested in causing fist fights in the parking lot and the underage women working the counter. Refuses to give refunds when it is warranted by claiming "we don't do refunds here". I helped open this location and was soon appalled by the atmosphere created.
Pros
little to none, free membership
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Crunch Fitness are awful, no livable compensationManagementIn general, managers at Crunch Fitness only care about their own interests and making a quick buck. This particular management staff displayed favoritism, high turn over rates and lack of competent leadership. The GM continuously makes sexists comments and I am surprised HR has not taken a serious look into management at this location.
Depending on what job you're going for most likely you will have to do everything on your own do not rely on overs coworkers for help basically you have to do everything on your own
I needed a job immediately for a transition period and they hired me and got me working pretty quickly! Love the environment and everyone I worked with
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
Crunch fitness is a fun place to work at if you are just looking for a job. It doesn’t pay as much but it’s still a very fun job to work at. I work in the kids crunch so I watch kids and sign them in and out and they are all so sweet. The best part About the job would probably being able to work with kids. They make the job so much better.
Pros
Working with kids and sitting down
Cons
Pay
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Crunch Fitness is goodPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Crunch Fitness are minimum wage no benefitsJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Crunch Fitness, I think everyone is replaceableManagementIn general, managers at Crunch Fitness don't careCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Crunch Fitness is rareOverallMy experience working at Crunch Fitness was not good
Great place to work. The upper management and the owners are all very nice. Small family feel. everyone knows each other. And all the instructors are helping each other when someone needs a sub.
Pros
Fun employee events. ongoing training and educations
Cons
This job is awesome , you see all different types of people , and sometimes see people doing some funny stuff , your always busy and you make phone calls to people to collect payments , or to sell memberships
Pros
Free membership
Cons
People are rude on the phone and annoying
I believe it's a great place to work. However, the pay does not match the work. Also there was never a sign on bonus that I was promised. However overall it's a great job if you love what you do.
Worked there for years and helped open other locations.You meet good people was probably the best part about the job. Working with equiptment helps you stay fit. The owners were great people and helpful. Good work enviroment.Very clean gym. Worked around machines and equipment and worst part was when they got dirty and sweaty.The hardest part working there daily was how hard the actual work was ,although it was a pleasure to work alone when it was empty also, when it was full of customers you got to socialize.
Pros
Free fitness
Cons
Short breaks
  1. Employee Reviews