CSR Building Products
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CSR Building Products Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
Working with the company is fun and exciting. It has an early start and late finish which ends up with more than 38 hours of work per week. It is fun, exciting and sometimes challenging.
Very full on job from moment you start work you learn about team work amongst factory personal and management . Hardest part of job is the shift work in factory starting at 4.30 am and arvo shift finishing about 11pm .you definitely earn your wage .
I worked at CSR Bredale for about 4years, as a full time employee, lucky I wasn't a casual employee as they are always under threat of loosing there job if they don't work at 200% all the time, or complain about anything.
Good shift patterns & pay is reasonable, but little training given, but expected to keep pace with people with years of experience. Everyday you get covered in glass fibre, very itchy! & are told not to worry about breathing in all the glass dust in the air, as it's harmless!

Very little concern for employees safety if it slows production & one worker even received a warning for following procedure because it was too slow.
Pros
Good wages & shift pattern suited me
Cons
Management, Little concern for safety if it effects production, threats & intimidation if you complain
Working with this company has taught me many things from the building industry. Allowed me to develop new found interests such as Interior Design, Contract managements and working alongside business account managers.
I have worked alongside many great people with a lot of knowledge from the building and construction industry where I have learned about many areas, products, building systems and have introduced many important and interesting people.

I have enjoyed every moment working with this company however I am now chasing new found interests and would like to pursue these to improve my working career, ethics and interests.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Very early starts, long hrs
Another factory job. This was ok but CSR never made me full time an always kept me at casual. it was an ok company but still feel used after two years. would still work for them again though.
CSR provides a safe and happy work environment and places a lot of emphasis on employee training and advancement. Great products and happy workforce.
Pros
Good work environement
Cons
dirty
Going to building sites and inspecting the CSR contractors installation of the light weight panels and discussing any issues that the builder might have with the product.

I learnt about new products and assisted in most of the testing of the product ( fire test, weather proofing and acoustic testing etc.)

Management was good let me do my job without micro managering me and if i had any issues they where always there to assist.

my co-workers were great to work with i made a lot of freinds.

The hardest part of the job was explaining to clients ( builders etc.) what our products could and couldn't do.

Seeing the project finished and the builders happy and the testing of the products.
Pros
new challenges
Cons
away from home a lot
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSR Building Products. Our community is ready to answer.
CSR Building Products Reviews by Location