CSR Building Products Employee Reviews

CSR Brendale, Production 1st - Safety 2nd
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brendale QLD6 June 2019
I worked at CSR Bredale for about 4years, as a full time employee, lucky I wasn't a casual employee as they are always under threat of loosing there job if they don't work at 200% all the time, or complain about anything.
Good shift patterns & pay is reasonable, but little training given, but expected to keep pace with people with years of experience. Everyday you get covered in glass fibre, very itchy! & are told not to worry about breathing in all the glass dust in the air, as it's harmless!
Very little concern for employees safety if it slows production & one worker even received a warning for following procedure because it was too slow.
Pros
Good wages & shift pattern suited me
Cons
Management, Little concern for safety if it effects production, threats & intimidation if you complain
another job
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 May 2017
Another factory job. This was ok but CSR never made me full time an always kept me at casual. it was an ok company but still feel used after two years. would still work for them again though.
Great people company
Asset Planner, Scheduler, Buyer and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coopers Plains QLD7 February 2017
CSR provides a safe and happy work environment and places a lot of emphasis on employee training and advancement. Great products and happy workforce.
Pros
Good work environement
Cons
dirty
Learning experinces, good company to work for, work variety.
project manager (Former Employee) –  based in brisbane but travelled to melb. and nsw5 September 2012
Going to building sites and inspecting the CSR contractors installation of the light weight panels and discussing any issues that the builder might have with the product.

I learnt about new products and assisted in most of the testing of the product ( fire test, weather proofing and acoustic testing etc.)

Management was good let me do my job without micro managering me and if i had any issues they where always there to assist.

my co-workers were great to work with i made a lot of freinds.

The hardest part of the job was explaining to clients ( builders etc.) what our products could and couldn't do.

Seeing the project finished and the builders happy and the testing of the products.
Pros
new challenges
Cons
away from home a lot