Cubic Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cubic Corporation Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews
fast paced environment. rewarding.
global organisation.
new technology and very good training team.

result oriented and rewarding.

learnt a lot both technical and management.

need to work within a strict budget and deadline.
Good
Great place to work. The people are very friendly and the time I spent there was very informative. We got to go away and work with the army in the field.
Good work balance
Cubic is a US based well established company, i have started my career as a service desk representative, i was responsible for inbound call centre then i moved internally for service desk. Its my pleasure working for Cubic, left the company last week as i moved to darwin permanently
interesting work, developing technologies
overall good, it is a large international corporation with diverse interests, so plenty of opportunity, Sydney team has good level of professionalism.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
shift work made difficult work/ life ballance
Meh
Made great friends there but if management does not like you or favour you.. You will never be promoted. The turnover is always hectic and you will feel the vibe if your manager likes you or not.
Pros
meet great diverse groups of people
Cons
too small of an office to grow in the business
Best Job Ever!
Cubic Transport is the best job I have ever had.

It balances out work life and family life. Being a mother the hours are flexible. Its not to far from home and the actual job itself is really easy. The management team are amazing. Awesome place to work to bad our contract finished. :(
Pros
Job is Easy, Flexibkle Hours. Amazing Management.
Cons
Contract finished :(
good
The day is very busy, 98% of the time I am working and the other 2% I am on my scheduled break.

They provided excellent training.

The culture is amazing, but you don't have time to get to know your colleagues and you can't really make friends because everyone's shift changes every month and they could have different days and different hours compared to you.

The hardest part of the job would be micromanaging, because of this you don't feel like anyone can trust that you can do your duty alone.
Pros
Busy
Cons
No time to make friends
Leadership lacking
Typical work can be anytime from 8am till 6pm but can be even earlier/later including over lunch. This can be viewed/taken as normal and doesn't seem to be even appreciated.
Monthly lunch to get updates from all parts of the company.
Cubic are a good company to work for
The most enjoyable part of working at Cubic is the genuine satisfaction gained from maintaining the world's busiest and most successful transportation smart card ticketing system. Cubic is the world leader and London is Cubic's largest contract.

The days are quite ordinary but the culture demands that 100% is committed whenever a problem emerges. Staff are committed to supporting the systems that underpin the revenue collection system for London and everybody works together to achieve the same goal.

Management exude competence and are friendly & approachable.

The worst part of working at Cubic is probably the company's poor control of management information and operational data.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor Management Information
Initializing Go Cards
Data Entry

Tracking of Delivery to QR Rail

Customer Service

Packing of products

Stocktake

The most enjoyable part of this Role were the hours of work, flexible, good team work culture

Learnt the procedures of distributing of the Go Card around Sth East Qld. Also learnt about the different types of cards that can be distributed

Hardest part of the job, was there was insufficient communication with the manager in charge.,
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
no permanancy
great company to work for
fun, learning new skills, this company has good management,
the team is a well put together team always willing to help each other out when needed.
Pros
good team
Testing experience spanning 20 years
I began my career in manual testing with mainframe systems and using SQL. Since then, I have diversified with many different systems, including web testing.

I have led many test exercises and also mentored the more junior testers.
Pros
Passionate about testing and dealing with other stakeholders
Cons
None to think of