Cubic is a US based well established company, i have started my career as a service desk representative, i was responsible for inbound call centre then i moved internally for service desk. Its my pleasure working for Cubic, left the company last week as i moved to darwin permanently
Cubic Transport is the best job I have ever had.
It balances out work life and family life. Being a mother the hours are flexible. Its not to far from home and the actual job itself is really easy. The management team are amazing. Awesome place to work to bad our contract finished. :(
The day is very busy, 98% of the time I am working and the other 2% I am on my scheduled break.
They provided excellent training.
The culture is amazing, but you don't have time to get to know your colleagues and you can't really make friends because everyone's shift changes every month and they could have different days and different hours compared to you.
The hardest part of the job would be micromanaging, because of this you don't feel like anyone can trust that you can do your duty alone.
Analyst (Former Employee) - Australia - 2 May 2017
Typical work can be anytime from 8am till 6pm but can be even earlier/later including over lunch. This can be viewed/taken as normal and doesn't seem to be even appreciated.
Monthly lunch to get updates from all parts of the company.
The most enjoyable part of working at Cubic is the genuine satisfaction gained from maintaining the world's busiest and most successful transportation smart card ticketing system. Cubic is the world leader and London is Cubic's largest contract.
The days are quite ordinary but the culture demands that 100% is committed whenever a problem emerges. Staff are committed to supporting the systems that underpin the revenue collection system for London and everybody works together to achieve the same goal.
Management exude competence and are friendly & approachable.
The worst part of working at Cubic is probably the company's poor control of management information and operational data.
Initializing Go Cards
Tracking of Delivery to QR Rail
Packing of products
The most enjoyable part of this Role were the hours of work, flexible, good team work culture
Learnt the procedures of distributing of the Go Card around Sth East Qld. Also learnt about the different types of cards that can be distributed
Hardest part of the job, was there was insufficient communication with the manager in charge.,
I began my career in manual testing with mainframe systems and using SQL. Since then, I have diversified with many different systems, including web testing.
I have led many test exercises and also mentored the more junior testers.
Passionate about testing and dealing with other stakeholders