Cue Clothing Co.
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cue Clothing Co. Employee Reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

Proceed with caution

I love Cue, the clothing and the fact they're ethical and still make in Australia.The team's on the floor are generally nice.But there's so many reasons as to why it has such a high turnover.The attitude higher up is appalling and "cue culture" is toxic beyond belief. The fact that they had brought in 2-3 people to specifically change "cue culture" only for them to be let go or want to leave speaks for itself. They're so understaffed making it impossible to want to move anywhere in the company as any roles with responsibility, we'll have all work burdened onto them. People work themselves sick here because they want to look after coworkers because it's so understaffed that it's better to do someone's work so they don't leave.

Pros

30-50% off store product, life long friends through pain and stress

Cons

Lack of support during covid, force you to work when sick due to low staff, Hard to achieve incentives if you don't work in CBD, lack of acknowledgement for hardard work from HO

Don't even bother applying

I have nothing but awful things to say about this company, management does not have realistic goals on targets and puts intense pressure on staff to push items onto unwitting customers. It becomes less about helping out the customer and more about forcing them to buy extremely overpriced and honestly just 'bleh' clothing. For the amount of money they pay you, you're better off working at any other retailer as you will not have to deal with Cue's management and employ their scummy tactics in forcing customers to buy their clothing. I worked at a concession store and I was told by the area manager to stand guard at the fitting rooms so i could cajole customers into buying items that they simply wanted to try on. I've worked with other retailers and even though there were some cons it simply doesn't hold a candle to the atrocity that is Cue.

Toxic culture

Definitely the worst working experience of my many years working in retail !This company needs an absolute overhaul! The so called Cue “ culture “ is vile and toxic!I’m dumbfounded how the company HR turn a blind eye to the poor behaviour from management . It must be obvious there is a problem with such high staff turnover ? The environment is toxic ! The pressure to sell is insane. The daily verbal lashings from the store management was the last straw!It’s almost comical how awful this company is to work for . You physically will feel ill before your shift/ whilst you work and after you finish.

Pros

Getting payed

Cons

Extreme pressure to sell ! The culture they pride themselves on is toxic.

Toxic environment

With my years of experience in different fields of hospitality and retail, I had never experienced such a hostile working environment. If you had the watched Mean Girls the movie, imagine that happening to you everyday. The struggle and fight for sales were so apparent and it seemed that the management encouraged such appalling behaviour. Basically if you can stoop to very low moral values, go all out for sales, hey this is the job for you!

Pros

Pay was decent, staff discount was attractive

Cons

This space isnt enough for me to list them out

Extremely bad workplace, do not recommend

This workplace was very unpleasant. the company has a very competitive culture and other women will "fight" you for sales, i actually had the manager tell me off for "stealing her client". You are always expected to wear new clothing, and even with a 40% discount its very expensive, and theres new clothes nearly every week. They were not kind at all and treated you poorly. Manager of northland in particular created a stressful environment, even for customers. I have seen customers be told off by staff for returning clothes because it negatively effects sales targets.

Pros

Some discounts, good store locations

Cons

negative, awful culture. clothes are expensive even with discount. toxic women

Awful and depressing.

I would never recommend this place. I was bullied by staff and ignored by management. They don’t care for the customers and how they feel they are extremely forceful towards staff/customers. They expect you to spend majority of your pay on purchasing their clothes to wear to work even if you can’t afford it, and you get in trouble for not wearing the stores clothing so you basically have no choice. I’m glad to be out of this place, I lost a lot of my confidence and got extremely depressed here

Great company culture

I really enjoyed my time with Cue, the only reason I left my stylist position was because I couldn't commit to part time hours. I felt part of a culture and really supported by my area manager.

I enjoyed working there for a time,however there were some very strong personalities that were very difficult to deal with which made it very stressfu

The clothes were beautiful but were expensive to stay up to date with the current trends. Most of the people were easy to get along with. But there were some very strong personalities that weren't nice at all so it became super stressful. So I was quite relieved to leave.

Excellent work life balance

Great work life balance with most people working only 4 and a half days if full time, if you get your job does then no over time was ever expected. Working with great people and superb managers. Salary a little low, no yearly increase unless you really really push for it.

Excellent training but unrealistic expectations.

Cue provides excellent training, especially in sales, however, the management at this brand is extremely poor. There is a very high staff turnover, as the company favours younger, cheaper, employees than adults. Daily expectations for stock and store maintenance are realistic, but if you do not achieve the sales targets expect to be disciplined harshly by management. You are also expected to wear new product in store, so expect to spend a sizeable chunk of your wages on the brand's clothes.

Pros

Comprehensive sales training

Cons

Poor management

fun environment

great fashion learning opportunities bonuses available based on performance discounted clothing for staff uniform working as part of a team getting to dress clients and help them pick outfits

Pros

discounts on clothing

Cons

competing with colleagues for sales

Not great

All they care about is productivity. Will force you to work under any circumstance even if you have a severe sickness or injury. Very aggressive to customers and will always try to force a sale.

Great Merchandise

A great company to work for and wonderful clothing! Staff were amazing, customers were such fun to dress and the location made everything mesh. It was a very busy environment on a daily basis with long hours required sometimes, but the joy of seeing a woman fall in love with fashion was more than worth it! Keeping on top of current trends was all-consuming, but essential to the job, so you needed to stay on your toes...especially in relation to the competition.

Retail Assistant

This was a great team, and lots of fun, although the pressure was high to meet sales expectations. I learned a lot about visual merchandising and upselling.

Too much pressure and bad management

the management is horrible, the pressure is really high to a point where if you aren't consistently selling the expected individual targets they will remove you from their roster and stop giving you shifts (try to drive you out)

Great place to work with.

Cue is a great organisation wherein every employee get to learn each and everyday. Working with this company is wonderful as every day we get to meet new people and communicate with people belonging to different origins, culture. Every day is a great motivation to work hard and push ourselves to meet targets.

Pros

Exciting work, lively culture

Cons

Access to computers individually

A horrible company to work for

I spent near on six months at Cue and it was a horrible experience. Not only was I bullied by my fellow staff members but belittled by management aswell. I am absolutely appalled by how they run this business and would never pick to work at such a place ever again.

Pros

half price clothing

Cons

bullying staff members

Good experience entering the retail world.

Starting up all computer systems when entering work. Checking the floor looks neat and tidy for the day. Merchandising the store and general cleaning. Interacting with customers and helping with any needs they may have. Bringing in any sizes that a customer asks for in a timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cue Clothing Co.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5