Cumberland Council Employee Reviews

Cumberland Council is way behind other councils in Sydney
Rates Officer- Finance (Former Employee) –  16 Memorial Ave Merrylands10 April 2019
This council needs to update alot of things starting with the administration building. Staff are cramped in their work areas and noise is a problem in the office.
There are not enough staff facilities for everyone.
It could be a better place to work for if council updated the building and move into the 21 st century.
great place to work very welcoming great hours
Administration Officer - Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW3 October 2018
great company to work for enjoyed my time with them wish it was permanaent udating all childrens records bookings on vehicles for preschool pickups the hardest part of the job was leaving
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
leaving as temp assignment
great workplace
Waste Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Driver sydney1 October 2018
Great workplace, and full of diversity
Start early, finish early
Helpful workmate and superiors
Great environment
Relaxing
Free at weekends
Good communication
Pros
no stress
Cons
early start
Great atmosphere and enjoyable work rate
Lifeguard, Lifeguard Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Granville9 March 2018
my job includes 4:30 am wake ups to ensure we pool opens by 5:00 am
removing and applying covers to pool. must be physically fit. ensuring the public is safe and focusing on the pool at all times.
I also did many supervisor shifts were i was managing the center and giving tasks and jobs to fellow start members. i consider myself to be a friendly and efficient supervisor as i organise myself and the staff quick and efficiently to ensure the pool is safe and all patrons are happy.
i learnt as a lifeguard its all about public perception. ensuring the customers are happy and safe was my number one concern. i dealt with many customers and handled money at morning and end of day shifts.
the staff are friendly and enjoyable to work with.
one of the hardest parts of my job was standing in the sun on a hot day for hours. yes we had breaks but you need to be physically fit and always hydrated to ensure you are working to the best of your ability. i believed i did an excellent job in training myself to effectively handle myself on hot days.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment. i myself love helping people so to help injured people in first aid and cpr training was very satisfying. knowing i helped or even sometimes saved a life makes me feel great, my staff members feel great and that's what drove me to work and wake up at 4:00pm every day. because i enjoyed helping people.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
No weekend rates
Free lunch
Administrative Support - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW28 February 2018
I enjoyed volunteering for Cumberland Council. I got to meet people from all walks of life and different backgrounds. I enjoyed liaising with them because we have heavy accents and it was very nice trying to understand one another. It was fun and fulfilling for me helping people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great team that i work with
Centre Director (Current Employee) –  Merrylands NSW3 May 2017
Since the Merger of the councils the culture has changed and long term staff are leaving due to the lack of support.
Management are trying to change the structure and important roles are not being filled by the most appropriate and experienced people