Cummins Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 3,052 reviews
Bad Culture
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Kilsyth VIC27 March 2018
Most people were quite nice to work with but there were some major problems with some management .

When problems were pointed out to senior management were pointed out to senior management it took months for some action to be taken .

Several mangers looked down at workers in lower positions lumping everyone in together.
Interesting
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carole Park QLD5 February 2018
It was very interesting learning something new and being able to seeing different peoples jobs. Although it was only work experience I still felt like I was apart of the team.
Great place to work with a friendly team
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Box Hill VIC4 July 2017
I really enjoyed working at Cummins and was very sad to leave due to redundancy. The people are what made it very enjoyable, even at the busiest and stressful times. I loved the variety of work I had within my role and I have gained a lot of knowledge in the 14 years I worked there.
Pros
Yearly Bonus and Recognition Awards
Productive and fun workplace
Superannuation Administrator/Payroll Officer (Current Employee) –  Box Hill VIC25 June 2017
Cummins has a good working culture. Everyone is supportive and the organization is well known and big. There are lots of responsibilities in my current job and I am handling all of them very well.
Excelentw
operador de produccion (Current Employee) –  Cummins motores29 May 2017
Buscar superarse en la vida dia a dia,nunca olvidar la meta con la que empieza.
Pros
Mejor salario
Cons
Trabajar fines de semana
Great place to work.
fuel injection and engine repairer (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW18 May 2017
I would recommend working at Cummins. Their professionalism and standard of operation is is very conducive to a great working environment. Their product is not just of good quality, but the back up service is second to none.
Pros
Won't dismiss you unless you do something against policy.
Cons
Because of a big company, sometimes communication is lacking.
Enjoyed Daytime Work
24 Hr Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC20 April 2017
Position required to be on call 24/7, to many night time calls and still required to be at work at normal starting time. Caused friction within home life, due to night time calls.
Pros
Help full co workers
Cons
on call 24/7
Great Team Enviroment
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scoresby VIC20 March 2017
I would work for Cummins again at the drop of a Hat. The team environment is fantastic the facility is close to me and very clean and the building is modern.
Great work environment
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cloncurry QLD30 January 2017
Answering phones, processing work sheets & reconciling credit cards.
I learned about diesel engines.
My boss was awesome.
Great place to work.
The hardest part of the job was leaving it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working for Cummins.
Fun Place. Lots of potential
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW28 August 2016
It was a fun experience working with Cummins. It was fun getting my hands dirty and learning new things about truck engines. I would like to continue to work in this field.
Pros
Lots of new experiences
Cons
short lunch
Good staff - Poor Business
Engineering Contractor/Intern (Current Employee) –  Scoresby VIC6 April 2016
Cummins culled 2000+ white collar workers globally. A lot of senior staff were dismissed, along with my contract not being renewed full-time despite promises from management.

I worked at my utmost capacity whilst being there, made good impressions to all business leaders. Yet, an female engineering intern was chosen over me because they wanted to improve on their hiring statistics...
Productive, Engaging, Challenging, Fulfilling.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA8 March 2016
I learnt a lot working for Cummins South Pacific as a Field Service Technician. It set me up for success in further developing my career as a Diesel Technician. I maintained a variety of Cummins engines ranging from 3.3litre capacity up to 78litre capacity engines. It was a great experience.
Pros
Great Pay and Team Members
Cons
13 Day Fortnights
Excellent company to work for very OH&S minded,plenty of training.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Scoresby, VIC29 October 2015
Loved working for this company,made a lot of friends with my co-workers,the early starts suited me as with the early finishes but also plenty of overtime if i needed it, the only bad thing for me as a production worker was the amount of paper work we were getting was slowing the production work down.
Pros
allowing us to be flexible and learn more skills in different areas.
Cummins is a world wide company it looks after its employees and rewards a job well done offers any training required all the tools to do your job
Branch Manager, Service Manager ,. (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC9 May 2015
Organise the days work load , allocate staff to required tasks, sort out after hours repairs the were done during the night , talk to customers about their requirements for the day or rest of the week ,
Co workers most were reliable and very hard working some required some guidance .A great many of employees I hired as Apprentices went on to be Managers at other branches.
Hardest parts of job was some difficult and unreasonable customers but which was what I enjoyed to most
Pros
A proffessional company with proffessiol employees from top magement to all the way down
Friendly & helpful colleauges ,early start
Forklift Driver and Storeman (Former Employee) –  Scoresby, Vic9 March 2015
Enjoyed working as a Casual at Cummins PDC Warehouse . Met some good friendly people ,management was ok back then . Early starts . enjoyed my time there .
Pros
early starts, friendly colleauges, Monthly BBQ, S, some free lunches, good woking atmosphere.
Cons
None that I can think of
Excellent company to work for
Heavy Diesel Fitter (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD25 August 2014
always busy
varied types of work
indepth product training
plenty of OT
great team of people
Productive place with friendly coworkers
Machine operator/ Production worker (Current Employee) –  Scoresby, VIC16 June 2014
The place that i work normally start with a team meeting conducted by the supervisor who decide what is going to be everyone task for that day, my co workers are very friendly and we work as a team. I pretty much have different task everyday, one of then and the most enjoyable in my opinion is training new employees in the different assembly lines and how follow the company OHS procedures, the hardest part of the job is that sometimes i have to spend 8 hours doing repetitive work and heavy lifting wish i don t really mind to do it as a part of the work conditions.
Pros
good for recent graduates seeking experience.
Cons
Repetitive work and heavy lifting.
Good work environment,
Senior Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  South Eastern, Melbourne23 April 2014
Good team communications, happy work environment, excellent Manager, no company politics.
Diversed engine and power generation manufacturer
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Karratha Perth Based)12 February 2014
Enter time sheets and contractor hours, Check work planners for flight requirements, Book Flights, update cost allocation spread sheet.
Very dynamic and demanding situation. Position required high level admin skills.
Management sometimes hard to communicate with.
The workers where diverse group of people with many and varied interests and back grounds.
Keeping on top of the constant changes and the large variation in work flow arriving.
Working with a dynamic group of people with the only FIFO work force of a multi national company world wide
Pros
Good people
Productive Workplace
Archiving (Current Employee) –  Wodonga, VIC11 January 2014
The Company always gets the job done right. Nice, hard working employees that enjoy their work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K