Cummins
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

32: Cummins Employee Reviews

Australia32 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,329 reviews

Nice one cummins brisbane

Great to work for and a great crew spread out over 2 shifts. But pay is fairly average, does have an overbearing safety culture which is nice but at times not necessary.

One of the worst companies I have worked for!

Horrible management and a lot of politics. Wages are way below industry standard! The manager I worked under was never at work for more than half the year.Working at Cummins was the worst experience of my life!

Pros

Nothing really, just waiting to finish work and go home.

Cons

Everything about this company is a con!

Excellent workplace

Cummins we’re great to work for I seriously can’t fault them as an employer. Tasks need to be completed often within a time critical period. If you weren’t able to complete work you weren’t made to feel like you failed. It was a very comfortable work environment.

Pros

Very autonomous work culture

Cons

Sometimes we did big hours

They respect honest worker

Leg pulling and racism is at it peak, management is more interested in politics then work. Most people in management are non professional they have lack of managerial knowledge

Cummins

Cummins offers very technically challenging work and they give good training. They have inclusive atmosphere and promotes diversity. Overall culture is good but is also depends on managers/team you are working for. No job security as the lay-off people in every 1-2 years and Cummins is very highly vulnerable to cyclic

Excellent

I really enjoy all the time at Cummins. Staff are friendly and cooperative . Employees safety is first thing at Cummins. I want in future if there any possible work available then stat again.

Very helpful in teaching

My boss was amazing and she helped me learn a lot in analytics. This internship helped me understand the intricacies of the position. It was amazing to work on a project that was not done before.

productive

friendly, competative, fast paced, good pay. very informatitive, lots of on the job training. excellent hours to work. lots of overtime available. very much enjoyed working there.

Great company heading in the right direction.

Cummins knows the value of its employees. In my short time with the company there have been many operational problems to overcome. Being such a large multi-national business there are obvious issues on the same scale however the support and great work environment provided by Cummins is fantastic. I acquired an array of skills and experiences that will be invaluable as I progress with my engineering career.

Pros

Work culture and environment.

Cons

Global business means global problems

Bad Culture

Most people were quite nice to work with but there were some major problems with some management . When problems were pointed out to senior management were pointed out to senior management it took months for some action to be taken . Several mangers looked down at workers in lower positions lumping everyone in together.

Interesting

It was very interesting learning something new and being able to seeing different peoples jobs. Although it was only work experience I still felt like I was apart of the team.

Great place to work with a friendly team

I really enjoyed working at Cummins and was very sad to leave due to redundancy. The people are what made it very enjoyable, even at the busiest and stressful times. I loved the variety of work I had within my role and I have gained a lot of knowledge in the 14 years I worked there.

Pros

Yearly Bonus and Recognition Awards

Productive and fun workplace

Cummins has a good working culture. Everyone is supportive and the organization is well known and big. There are lots of responsibilities in my current job and I am handling all of them very well.

Excelentw

Buscar superarse en la vida dia a dia,nunca olvidar la meta con la que empieza.

Pros

Mejor salario

Cons

Trabajar fines de semana

Great place to work.

I would recommend working at Cummins. Their professionalism and standard of operation is is very conducive to a great working environment. Their product is not just of good quality, but the back up service is second to none.

Pros

Won't dismiss you unless you do something against policy.

Cons

Because of a big company, sometimes communication is lacking.

Enjoyed Daytime Work

Position required to be on call 24/7, to many night time calls and still required to be at work at normal starting time. Caused friction within home life, due to night time calls.

Pros

Help full co workers

Cons

on call 24/7

Great Team Enviroment

I would work for Cummins again at the drop of a Hat. The team environment is fantastic the facility is close to me and very clean and the building is modern.

Great work environment

Answering phones, processing work sheets & reconciling credit cards. I learned about diesel engines. My boss was awesome. Great place to work. The hardest part of the job was leaving it. The most enjoyable part of the job was working for Cummins.

Fun Place. Lots of potential

It was a fun experience working with Cummins. It was fun getting my hands dirty and learning new things about truck engines. I would like to continue to work in this field.

Pros

Lots of new experiences

Cons

short lunch

Good staff - Poor Business

Cummins culled 2000+ white collar workers globally. A lot of senior staff were dismissed, along with my contract not being renewed full-time despite promises from management. I worked at my utmost capacity whilst being there, made good impressions to all business leaders. Yet, an female engineering intern was chosen over me because they wanted to improve on their hiring statistics...

Productive, Engaging, Challenging, Fulfilling.

I learnt a lot working for Cummins South Pacific as a Field Service Technician. It set me up for success in further developing my career as a Diesel Technician. I maintained a variety of Cummins engines ranging from 3.3litre capacity up to 78litre capacity engines. It was a great experience.

Pros

Great Pay and Team Members

Cons

13 Day Fortnights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Cummins
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?