Cummins
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Cummins:

Cummins Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews
Great to work for and a great crew spread out over 2 shifts. But pay is fairly average, does have an overbearing safety culture which is nice but at times not necessary.
Leg pulling and racism is at it peak, management is more interested in politics then work. Most people in management are non professional they have lack of managerial knowledge
Cummins offers very technically challenging work and they give good training. They have inclusive atmosphere and promotes diversity. Overall culture is good but is also depends on managers/team you are working for. No job security as the lay-off people in every 1-2 years and Cummins is very highly vulnerable to cyclic
I really enjoy all the time at Cummins. Staff are friendly and cooperative . Employees safety is first thing at Cummins. I want in future if there any possible work available then stat again.
My boss was amazing and she helped me learn a lot in analytics.
This internship helped me understand the intricacies of the position. It was amazing to work on a project that was not done before.
friendly, competative, fast paced, good pay. very informatitive, lots of on the job training. excellent hours to work. lots of overtime available. very much enjoyed working there.
Cummins knows the value of its employees.

In my short time with the company there have been many operational problems to overcome. Being such a large multi-national business there are obvious issues on the same scale however the support and great work environment provided by Cummins is fantastic. I acquired an array of skills and experiences that will be invaluable as I progress with my engineering career.
Pros
Work culture and environment.
Cons
Global business means global problems
Most people were quite nice to work with but there were some major problems with some management .

When problems were pointed out to senior management were pointed out to senior management it took months for some action to be taken .

Several mangers looked down at workers in lower positions lumping everyone in together.
It was very interesting learning something new and being able to seeing different peoples jobs. Although it was only work experience I still felt like I was apart of the team.
I really enjoyed working at Cummins and was very sad to leave due to redundancy. The people are what made it very enjoyable, even at the busiest and stressful times. I loved the variety of work I had within my role and I have gained a lot of knowledge in the 14 years I worked there.
Pros
Yearly Bonus and Recognition Awards
Cummins has a good working culture. Everyone is supportive and the organization is well known and big. There are lots of responsibilities in my current job and I am handling all of them very well.
Buscar superarse en la vida dia a dia,nunca olvidar la meta con la que empieza.
Pros
Mejor salario
Cons
Trabajar fines de semana
I would recommend working at Cummins. Their professionalism and standard of operation is is very conducive to a great working environment. Their product is not just of good quality, but the back up service is second to none.
Pros
Won't dismiss you unless you do something against policy.
Cons
Because of a big company, sometimes communication is lacking.
Position required to be on call 24/7, to many night time calls and still required to be at work at normal starting time. Caused friction within home life, due to night time calls.
Pros
Help full co workers
Cons
on call 24/7
I would work for Cummins again at the drop of a Hat. The team environment is fantastic the facility is close to me and very clean and the building is modern.
Answering phones, processing work sheets & reconciling credit cards.
I learned about diesel engines.

My boss was awesome.

Great place to work.

The hardest part of the job was leaving it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working for Cummins.
It was a fun experience working with Cummins. It was fun getting my hands dirty and learning new things about truck engines. I would like to continue to work in this field.
Pros
Lots of new experiences
Cons
short lunch
Cummins culled 2000+ white collar workers globally. A lot of senior staff were dismissed, along with my contract not being renewed full-time despite promises from management.

I worked at my utmost capacity whilst being there, made good impressions to all business leaders. Yet, an female engineering intern was chosen over me because they wanted to improve on their hiring statistics...
I learnt a lot working for Cummins South Pacific as a Field Service Technician. It set me up for success in further developing my career as a Diesel Technician. I maintained a variety of Cummins engines ranging from 3.3litre capacity up to 78litre capacity engines. It was a great experience.
Pros
Great Pay and Team Members
Cons
13 Day Fortnights
Loved working for this company,made a lot of friends with my co-workers,the early starts suited me as with the early finishes but also plenty of overtime if i needed it, the only bad thing for me as a production worker was the amount of paper work we were getting was slowing the production work down.
Pros
allowing us to be flexible and learn more skills in different areas.
Organise the days work load , allocate staff to required tasks, sort out after hours repairs the were done during the night , talk to customers about their requirements for the day or rest of the week ,
Co workers most were reliable and very hard working some required some guidance .A great many of employees I hired as Apprentices went on to be Managers at other branches.

Hardest parts of job was some difficult and unreasonable customers but which was what I enjoyed to most
Pros
A proffessional company with proffessiol employees from top magement to all the way down