Curtain Wonderland Employee Reviews

Management Is A Nightmare
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 June 2019
Do yourself a favour and never work for this company. Higher-ups/ Management are run by China now and to say there is a lack of communication would be an understatement. Management treat their staff like with no respect what so ever. Everything from the way the company is run to how the staff in stores are treated is an actual joke. Management treats anyone lower than them like they indispensable and are sure to make you aware of that. There is no support from anyone higher than your store manager and staff are authorised to make no decisions no matter how insignificant they may seem. All management is concerned about is making money and being able to place blame on staff for any issue that arises even if it is not their fault. There are SEVERAL ludicrous policies in place to ensure that any little mistake can be picked up and faulted, even if it is something like emailing your banking sheets to the wrong email address (which in itself is hard to keep track of as they change who it is to be sent to once a week). Most of the time you can't even get in contact with the higher ups as all they do is dodge your calls and emails (no matter how urgent they are). You can't raise any queries about major issues that are happening with the company as you will be brushed off because they could not possibly care less.
So if you want to work for a company that will treat you like you are subhuman (at best) and will provide borderline unfit work environments then sure, come work for the joke that is Curtain Wonderland.
Pros
The Small Teams Per Store Location Are Great
Cons
Management Will Give You A Headache That Will Never Go Away
Run, do not work for these guys
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Acacia Ridge QLD12 June 2019
Curtain wonderland is owned by Kresta Holdings and is now owned by Chinese business.

They have no management at all, so you are trying to do a job that no one can teach you and quality control does not exist so all products are quite often made wrong and never gets better so run like I did.
Pros
Cons
no management and no job or product control
Enjoy working with a team having fun at work reflects on our customers.
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD8 June 2019
Managing time is challenging when selling many products and to ensure that you can supply and fill orders.
However l do enjoy the challenge that comes with the job.
Meeting customer needs
Reaching goals
Meeting new people
Getting to know the people that you work with.
Learning how to make the most of your day
I enjoy helping customers and feel chuffed knowing that they have left the store happy with their purchases.
Curtain wonderland can be stressful trying to reach budget and not having support from department heads.
Staff never stay for long.
Pros
Being in the work force
Cons
Working weekends no support from head departments
Management have no idea
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springvale VIC8 July 2018
The place is a circus... store was running on just 4 casuals. ..one day I was the omly person working alne and was told I couldn't close for lunch!
3 different HR managers in the span of 6 months. Head office management for don't appreciate the good hard workers and employees who have years of experience and knowledge.
Pros
Starting at 10am
Cons
Making friends with employees
started out a great company
ONLINE PRODUCT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Archerfield QLD8 March 2018
this was a great company to start out with, management was fantastic and very supportive, I learnt a lot with the guidance of my area manager and consultants, until it changed hands.
One of the best places i have worked at
Casual Sales Assitant (Current Employee) –  Eastgardens NSW21 February 2018
I am currently managing Curtain Wonderland in replacement of previous manager who has left for another job. I provided advice, recommendations and information to customer regarding curtains and manchesters. We guide customers throughout the store to find the most appropriate window covering needs. Managing the store not only gives an adrenaline rush but is a great scope into the big world. We have to make sure we make budget, make sure the store runs smoothly and everything is run under the company procedures. We do the end of day banking in which we need to pre-fill many paperworks in order the company receives all sales we have made throughout the day. During monthly change-overs we take turns ironing products and displaying them in such a way customers are encouraged to purchase the product.
Stress place to work
Product Administrator/Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 January 2018
Very stressful place to work. No support from management. Many long term employees have resigned due to changes within the company. Management will not listen to long standing staff members.
Great staff in Perth
On road sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA25 July 2017
My typical day would be attending 2-3 supplied leads for measure & quote on blinds, curtains or both. Every house and customer is difference so there is always something to learn from every appointment. Change in company ownership has changed the dynamics of the company but the management in Perth are terrific. Communication with head office in Queensland. Meeting new people everyday and helping them with the window treatments for their homes.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Change of ownership and company direction
Was a fantastic place to work for before the new owners took over.
Admin (Former Employee) –  Coopers Plains QLD4 July 2017
Loved this place until the new owners took over. Daily bullying and no respect for employees. Over 30 people resigned in 2 months. That must say something.
Cons
Bullying
Great Place to Work
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Springvale VIC26 March 2017
I worked as a casual sales assistant.
The staff are very friendly and work environment was enjoyable.
No day is ever the same and you have always something to do to keep you busy.
I loved the store accessories and visual merchandising aspect of it the best.
Pros
Nice clean shop with friendly staff
Cons
standing for long hours is reqiued
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 February 2017
Good staff, good enviroment, most customers always happy and satisfied. Very organized and easy going place to work. Staff were very welcoming and polite.
Awesome work environment
Inhome Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW4 July 2016
I loved my position with Curtain Wonderland. Left due to relocating. I can not fault Curtain Wonderlands work ethics, treatment or team members. There was not a day to complain about whilst working for Curtain Wonderland
Productive and often busy
Store Manager and In-Home Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cannington, WA24 March 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers to select soft furnishings to enhance their decor.
A typical day was making sure the store was clean and tidy, the shelves filled and presenting the merchandise in the best way to attract customers.
I learned how to use the POS system, take orders for stock from head office, receipt in stock and other administrative duties.
The hardest part of the job was working with less staff than required when busy.
Pros
50% Discount on products in store
Cons
Often understaffed