Curtin University Employee Reviews

Very energetic and dedicated to work
Masters of Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  Western Australia12 March 2019
The company had a very dedicated work force and it had fun element in the office hours and outside the office hours as well. It was in the advisory department I was working for.
Pros
Trainings provided to the employees
Cons
Very challenging
Residential Assistant at Vickery House
Residential Assistant Vickery House (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 January 2019
- managed 300 residents on a daily basis. looking after their lockouts, managing events, making budgets, doing accounting, stock taking, etc.

- great work environment with people from all cultures.

- most enjoyable part of the job was the people around, very supportive, made my work easier.
Pros
work place was in my student housing where i resided
Cons
work load on some days
A place that expands your mind and challenges your capabilities
School Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Bentley WA27 December 2018
Curtin gave me the chance to explore my technical capabilities as well as contribute to the innovative and everchanging culture in both the administration and the education side.
Great
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Curtin University, Bentley6 December 2018
Awesome chance for uni students to conveniently live it up. I was able to fit in shifts with my uni and other work comitments so this worked very well for me.
Good employer
In-class tutor (Former Employee) –  Perth WA22 October 2018
Not enough hours for a Contract Tutor to afford to pay bills.

Supplemented income with private tuition.

I was on an hourly rate and only had 8 professional contact hours per week.

Considering the amount of out of class preparation involved, I felt under appreciated.
Pros
Dr Phil Bourne a great mentor
Cons
Not enough hours
Large educational institution
Senior Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentley WA28 August 2018
Stimulating workplace where students inspire positive feelings about future developments.
Possibility to get involved in a variety of professional development activities.
Good culture and great benefits.
Student Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 June 2018
Great company to work for. Big company but still seen as an individual. A lot happening on campus, can be a fun as many events happening from day to day.
Curtin Fosters Growth
Associate Videographer - Department Of Psychology (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 May 2018
Curtin University provided a wealth of opportunities for networking, and projects were undertaken in groups with individuals just as invested as I was.
Pros
Great environment, awesome staff.
Productive and an enjoyable place
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Perth WA16 March 2018
An environment to indulge in creative work and to learn. The work team has provided me with good experience and skills that I can polish upon in my future endeavours.
Student Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth Western Australia12 March 2018
I enjoyed my 11 years at Curtin University. Good staff and management. Friendly environment. Room for advancement.
Good management and social environment. Excellent salary.
Friendly stress free and helpfull.
Web developer (Former Employee) –  Western Australia28 February 2018
What can I say? It was a university which are always laid back compared to the corporate world. It was my first job out of uni so it was a great place to start a career and learn. My manager was excellent in every way.
Productive and fun to work at
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Curtin University, Perth17 January 2018
Nice environment, teaching undergraduates is very rewarding. The university offers a number of positions throughout the year in different departments, and when undergoing postgraduate studies it is convenient to find sessional positions within the work/study place.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
sessional
Much opportunity to explore research material
Adjunct lecturer (Current Employee) –  Bentley WA16 January 2018
The opportunity to access library research documents to further my writing project was a huge bonus.
Access to other writers and colleagues was a bonus.
Pros
Access to resources and people.
Cons
solitary without team
The workplace is fun and exciting
Volunteer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentley WA20 December 2017
I learned to be independent, as well as working as a team. Working with people of different background and learning the different methods that are not thought in the general ways of my degree. The enjoyable thing is when you see a success in a research despite the amount of failure you would have to go through and adjusting the parameters of experiments to see how it would affect the result.
Occasionally challenging but satisfying wokplace
Casual Lecturer / Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bentley WA14 December 2017
University values are closely adhered to in all level. Unit Coordinators, support staff and fellow Lecturers are supportive, well-mannered, easy to get along and competent their roles.
Pros
Diverse learning environment
Cons
As a casual, no long-term work security
Work environment the best
Strategic Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth South WA13 November 2017
Work environment was excellent, the work requirements were public organisation controlled with scope for individual requirements given this was a university. The atmosphere and facilities were world class.
with wonderful grounds, library and other facilities to refresh the mind and body.
Pros
facilities
Cons
not much
Productive fun working environment
Customer Service, Printer Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Bentley WA 610217 October 2017
Working at curtin has been great my typucal day is meeting new staff and student helping them with there inquiries while maintaining i high standard of customer service.
Learned on the job is part of my role, in which this has given me the experience to learn how deal with all aspects of the job including how to deal with high up management.
The culture of the university is very diverse with many cultures.
The hardest part of my job is problem solving a issue with printing services, i have a can do attitude and will not give up until the issue is resolved.
The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking with my customers relating to them on a daily basis.
Pros
seeing my customers andhave a conversation with them
Cons
low pay rate
Interesting and challenging place to work.
Unit Coordinator / Sessional Academic (Former Employee) –  Western Australia10 October 2017
Interesting to teach and mentor students from international backgrounds and preparing them with the technology knowledge and skills to succeed on graduation.
Pros
Good hourly rates
Cons
Minimal employment security
Good working environment
Casual Academic (Current Employee) –  Perth WA3 October 2017
I enjoy deliver knowledge to students. By organizing students in labs, I improved my leadership skills. By solving technical problems for students, I improved my communication and interpersonal skills.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Not enough working hours
Professional environment
Electrical Researcher (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 September 2017
Curtin University has a Professional environment and it is good for someone who wants to improve his talent.
In Curtin University I published my article which is a very high level article and it was impossible for me to published it in my own.
Curtin University (a trademark of Curtin University of Technology) is an Australian public research university based in Bentley, Perth, Western Australia. The university is named after the 14th Prime Minister of Australia, John Curtin, and is the largest university in Western Australia, with over 58,000 students (as of 2016).
Pros
Very good Professors
Cons
less salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Curtin University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2