Curtin University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Curtin University Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Research Assistant6 reviews
Australia6 reviews
Great Workplace and amazingly educated, experienced professionals to work with. Highly motivated staff, very friendly. I learnt a lot working here with great minds of the Industry.
An environment to indulge in creative work and to learn. The work team has provided me with good experience and skills that I can polish upon in my future endeavours.
Performed research on space psychology, place-making, urban ethnography, community engagement, sustainable transport and urbanism using online journals, publications and resources. Developed reports and sketches for the research papers. Gathered and consolidated the academic data to assist in the accreditation process for the university.
Cons
no health insurance
good to work in. managments sometimes are not excellent, but the over all experience is good and I do recommend it for any one.
I learned a lot during my time here at curtin. I've gain skills such as how to better communicate with people, how to conduct an interview, how to write a professional business proposal, how to transcribe interviews and etc.
Pros
various skills that can be applied in any industry
Cons
long working hours
Management support is fantastic and you are encouraged to undergo staff development. In the School of Occupational Therapy and Social Work, everyone was really warm and friendly. Facilities were great.