Curtin University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Curtin University Management reviews

Very good workplace culture and learning opportunities. The University has very high standards and expectations and management is always eager to listen to its employees.
terrible place to work, long time employee (33 years), the management systematically reducing staff, pay and working conditions without remorse. I grew to hate it there and left last year after working there with a career for so long, this tells you how badly I feel about it
I enjoyed my 11 years at Curtin University. Good staff and management. Friendly environment. Room for advancement. Good management and social environment. Excellent salary.
Working at curtin has been great my typucal day is meeting new staff and student helping them with there inquiries while maintaining i high standard of customer service. Learned on the job is part of my role, in which this has given me the experience to learn how deal with all aspects of the job including how to deal with high up management. The culture of the university is very diverse with many cultures. The hardest part of my job is problem solving a issue with printing services, i have a can do attitude and will not give up until the issue is resolved. The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking with my customers relating to them on a daily basis.
Pros
seeing my customers andhave a conversation with them
Cons
low pay rate
My experience while at Curtin was varied. However, generally, there was a significant lack of management action and a lot of people getting paid to do nothing, such that the work was unevenly distributed amongst the team. These issues were raised with management several times by several employees, but rather than changes being made, those employees were blacklisted as 'pot-stirrers.' This created a very poor, unmotivating working environment.
Within my department, the culture is friendly and supportive. Outside of my department, however, there have been many issues. Curtin has been going through significant restructuring and budget adjustments and one of the most prominent impacts of this on staff is a significant lack of job security.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Job insecurity
Tutoring students is a rewarding career and a typical day would involve one on one tutoring with 2nd year students, helping them with homework, assignments and general understanding. Excellent place to work at. Management can be difficult at times but generally work runs smoothly. No co-workers - independent work probably the con of the job
Pros
Flexible working times
Cons
No budget for training, no co-workers
Very good organisational culture. Friendly management and colleagues, and students eager to learn. Exciting and vibrant learning environment.
Upper management delaying government cut backs feedback to contractors.
Pros
Great immediate management support
Cons
Lack of administration support to contractors
Great ethical direction by upper management, no long term opportunities due government reduction of funding.
Pros
Initial opportunies
Cons
Unsupported immediate management policy.
Great job satisfaction, but highly stressful position due to lack of staff and resources.
Pros
travel
Cons
lots of stress due to lack of staff support
Management support is fantastic and you are encouraged to undergo staff development. In the School of Occupational Therapy and Social Work, everyone was really warm and friendly. Facilities were great.