Curtin University
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Curtin University Work–Life Balance reviews

Curtin University is a good place to work. The University encourages work life balance. Also advancement through education and some courses are available for staff. When I was at Curtin my daughter is only 5 years old. I used to take her to the childcare facility near Humanities and see her on my lunch break.
Pros
Diversity and every one is treated equally.
Cons
Too far from my home.
The mantra "this is how we do things here" rings true. After 3 years of being treated like an outsider, I left. Half the people I met were excellent, but there was an old guard - it is a small pond, and with no where to go, people hung on to their jobs well beyond their use-by date. They breathed all the oxygen and pushed other people out. People were frustrated. I got tired of hearing the complaints.
Pros
Salary, flexible work, modest work expectations
Cons
Lack of adequate office space, lack of transparency, little hope of change or progression, sexist culture.
The work environment was healthy, people were helpful, work life balance was excellant, the boss was kind and understanding. Over all it was a fantastic experience to work there.
Stimulating workplace where students inspire positive feelings about future developments. Possibility to get involved in a variety of professional development activities.
Great company to work for. Big company but still seen as an individual. A lot happening on campus, can be a fun as many events happening from day to day.
I enjoyed my 11 years at Curtin University. Good staff and management. Friendly environment. Room for advancement. Good management and social environment. Excellent salary.
I work as a researcher and as I have a small family I have the flexibility of working from home. I oversee all facets of my chosen project and I also do fieldwork which requires me to travel to remote areas and I enjoy the freedom that this project affords me.
Pros
I am in charge of my project and have the freedom to try different approaches
Cons
Long hours and would like to incorporate more staff
Skills expansion, varied job experiences, well rounded team and working environment, Comfortable working conditions, on time payment and respectable hourly rate as casual.
Pros
Experiences and free event entry
Cons
yearly staff turn over
good to work in. managments sometimes are not excellent, but the over all experience is good and I do recommend it for any one.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Curtin University?