Cushman & Wakefield Employee Reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 1,192 reviews
Great Experience
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Wakefield SA23 May 2019
Always a friendly and busy atmosphere, my colleagues were always so friendly and helpful. The management were kind and always willing to go the extra mile to make sure that you were looked after and that you knew the role you had to play.

Training was always provided when needed.
Pros
free food all the time
Cons
my job wasn't permanent
Clueless management
Electrical Field service technician (Former Employee) –  Milperra NSW3 April 2019
I worked in trades for Cushman and Wakefield for two years, the pay was well below what I am used to and the expectation was not realistic. It took time to get used to getting nothing done and being praised for good paperwork, inversely if you did a good job, either it went unnoticed or you were grilled in the office for not attending more jobs. The whole system is laughable.
Pros
It’s easy to fool management if you want to be lazy.
Cons
Extremely frustrating if you have any pride in what you do.
Experiences Differ from Team to Team
Occupancy Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 September 2018
Experience can greatly differ account to account. Typically not too over-worked, but slightly under-paid compared to competitors. Management in my experience left something to be desired; many with little-to-no people management skills, who take advantage of their position to put people they want into roles, rather than who is best for the job. The culture was okay, mostly relaxed. The hardest part of the job is meeting client's expectations. The most enjoyable part is the people you meet and work with, both internally and externally.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Not the best pay for the job
The best part of the job is the massage chair.
Phone operator (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC26 August 2018
Working in the call centre is a mentally and emotionally straining job. The salary given to call centre operators is minimal and needs improvement. The most enjoyable part of the call centre is the free massage chair. It's amazing. The job itself is very demanding, you will be asked to do more than expected, multitasking is very important and will need to be learned very fast. There is an average workplace culture, everyone is pretty nice and friendly.
Pros
Free Massage Chair
Cons
Very, Very Little Pay
Toxix culture
Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Victoria16 July 2018
The culture is extremely different to other office environments and some officers very toxic within the team. Staff negative of previous employees to all new staff so you start off with a bad vibe and culture shock.
Very good company to work for.
Senior State Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Wakefield SA14 May 2018
Very good company to work for.

Regular tasks include:- Contractor Management, co-ordination and supervision of site works, liaison with site tenants and operators, member of various site committees, preparation and monitoring of preventative and reactive maintenance budgets, develop business cases, specifications and budgets for capital works, ensure compliance to Nationally established contracts
Great & culturally diverse community.
Corporate Accounts Receivable Officer (Current Employee) –  Canberra City ACT3 April 2018
All employees have a different background which makes the whole environment a much better & friendlier place. I have learned a lot throughout my 12 years & this was my first ever job. I got to know numerous, if not, all the employees & have had experience in many roles, from Accounts Payable, Property Accounting, Reporting Officer & an Accounts Receivable Officer. A typical day starts off well in greeting everyone, get my work done on time & the chance to assist other members of the team when necessary.
Excellent Workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 March 2018
All the staff are easy to get along with. They help you with everything you need help with.

Very easy going company not to strict on how you go about getting your job done
Flexible working environment cater to my personal need
Senior Vetting Officer (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT3 January 2018
I have been working for this company since 2009. I love working for them and would like to recommend to anyone who is looking to work for a company who caters for the need of diverse range of people, culture & special needs.
Pros
Flexible working environment
Cons
cost saving
3 weeks casual
Facilities Management/Full Time (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 September 2017
I was a late replacement (1 hours notice) for applicant who either couldn't or wouldn't start when required. The assignment was for a specific period and the position needed to be filled quickly, As I had previous dealing with Randstad I was approached

I have done this review previously although I only had one experience with this company
Pros
casual 3 weeks work
Cons
Too clerical for my taste
great company to work for.
Senior Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Canberra City ACT20 June 2017
great to work with people with related skill types and goals, with a very structured management team promoting the business across Australia and internationally.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
tough clients
Very talented people to work with
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC22 February 2017
We have a large pool of extremely talented individuals who are always prepared to assist in all matters. This company has a great focus on providing training opportunities to ensure that all their staff are skilled in a vast variety of tasks.
Pros
Flexible working times
Cons
unpaid overtime is required
Made really good friends
Facilities Management Officer (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC4 February 2017
I dont want to say anything bad about Cushman & Wakefield. All I want to say is that the short time I was there, I created a close bond and friendship with may people there.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Bad management skills
Productive and professional work environment
Administration (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia12 January 2017
C & W was a great place to work during my time travelling, I left my position to return home for the holidays and then decided not to return to Australia. This position was a temp contract whilst travelling. Business to business administration.
Pros
Fixed schedule
Fun environment to work
Facilities Administrator/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC28 December 2016
Very professional but relaxed atmosphere, learn new skills everyday, management was great and supportive. Co-workers were friendly. Hardest part would be putting in 110% while others put in 20%. Most enjoyable would be Friday after work drinks.
Pros
Doughnut Fridays
Cons
Long Hours
Friendly staff, very organised workplace
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC5 October 2016
Arrive on time to the minute, log in to the system, work in a call centre actioning 40-80 calls per day and 60-120 emails per day. statistics are recorded on each and KPI's are to be met. High responsibility role with criticism from some supervising colleagues. Best part of the job is donut fridays.
Pros
donut friday
Cons
low pay for what you are expected to do.
My Life in Cushman & wakefiled
Assistant Project Manager  (Current Employee) –  Wakefield14 June 2013
I joined this prestigious real estate consultancy firm "Cushman & wakefield" in their project management dept after completing my Post graduation.

Industrial projects was the sector i was allotted projects which cover industrial projects(warehouse, R&D centers etc).during the daily work it included site meeting and daily meeting with respective clients and contractors.

inspecting site works,preaparing high level review reports weekly and certificaiton of bills was my main fortay.

the management is supportive and gives u a free hand on work front and encourages to implement any new idea.

i enjoy being a part of this firm, but need to change my profile and learn many construction aspects which are followed globally, rather than limiting it to India.
Pros
1) interactive management 2) hands on approach to every part of work
Cons
1) Remuneration