Dôme Coffees
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Dôme Coffees reviews

Dôme Coffees

Dôme Coffees Employee Review

Working at Dome

It depands on what time i start; if i do a 6am start i will finish at 2pm and i will run through couple shots of coffee through the machine, turn everything on set up outside tables and chairs, make coffees and/or cold beverages and cakes and muffens, take orders. if i start at 7 or 8 and finsh between 2 and 4 and I will run food, hot and cold beverages and cakes, cover opening barista while they have their break. and if i start at 10, 12 or 2 i will be on until 6, 7 or 8 depending on day it is, i will be on floor running food, hot and cold beverages and cakes, around two i will hope onto coffees and start doing coffee close which including stocking up milk, coffee trays and jugs for counter staff, teas etc clean and wipe beanches down and clean milk line then start to clean the coffee machince. Co-workers they are from all different countries, so you learn new things from other people. The hardest part is trying to run everything out to people without it going everywhere and clean tables. Enjoyable part is getting to know your regulars and whats going in their life.

Pros

everyone gets along and free coffees

Cons

italians mangers can be rude when stressed out

Same role

Great place to work at

I used to work as a waiter at Dome Coffees in Fremantle where I would serve drinks and food. I would also take orders and ensure that the customers get what they ordered.

Pros

Friendly Atmospher

Cons

No career progression

Stressful workplace, no work-life balance

I would never recommend anyone works here! Employees are punished for needing time off and forced to work extra hours to “make up” for time they had off, even if for a medical or family emergency, they have no consideration for their employees physical or mental health. They underpay their staff, I started on $12.35 as an 18 year old “trainee” although I’d had 2+ years experience in the hospitality industry, when I progressed from trainee to level one I was paid $14.50... this is the most I was paid while working there. Another reason I don’t recommend working here is they have absolutely no work-life balance, it is understandable that hospitality workers are required to work on the weekends, but as this workplace favours certain people, those that aren’t favoured are forced to work 9+ hour shifts both Saturday and Sunday every weekend with no weekends off, they also punish people studying and expect them to work more hours than they are available for. Overall this workplace is unethical and management have no morals or respect for their employees

Pros

free coffee on shift, develop great friendships with other FOH & BOH staff

Cons

Zero work-life balance, no consideration for mental or physical health, punished for needing time off (study, family emergency, medical reasons, holiday), underpayed, lots of favouritism

Snitches paradise

If you want a workplace that treats you unfair then work for these jokers. Favouritism and bullying is common and condoned. Good luck finding a worse employer. Down right don’t do it.

Pros

Knock off time

Cons

Starting the day with dogs
  • Dôme Coffees