Dôme Coffees logo
Dôme Coffees
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Dôme Coffees Employee Reviews

2.3Work–Life Balance

Only work here if you are desperate

The food is all bought in pre-prepared or frozen, and of poor standard, Frozen lasagne which is microwaved to order, frozen soup microwaved to order, scrambled egg out of a bag, scones out of the freezer, mac and cheese out of a bag from the freezer, bits of steak that are more like a tyre than steak, battered fish thrown in the deep fryer from the freezer and cooked to death just to make sure it is defrosted. Treated like idiots by management, manager often flew off the deep-end, screaming at staff in front of customers, even had one customer stand up for a staff member who was in tears. Would not recommend working here or even getting a coffee or food from here. Management is toxic.

Pros

1 cup of free coffee per shift

Cons

Management, poor quality food, poor wages, regretted going to work but needed the money.

Stressful workplace, no work-life balance

I would never recommend anyone works here! Employees are punished for needing time off and forced to work extra hours to “make up” for time they had off, even if for a medical or family emergency, they have no consideration for their employees physical or mental health. They underpay their staff, I started on $12.35 as an 18 year old “trainee” although I’d had 2+ years experience in the hospitality industry, when I progressed from trainee to level one I was paid $14.50... this is the most I was paid while working there. Another reason I don’t recommend working here is they have absolutely no work-life balance, it is understandable that hospitality workers are required to work on the weekends, but as this workplace favours certain people, those that aren’t favoured are forced to work 9+ hour shifts both Saturday and Sunday every weekend with no weekends off, they also punish people studying and expect them to work more hours than they are available for. Overall this workplace is unethical and management have no morals or respect for their employees

Pros

free coffee on shift, develop great friendships with other FOH & BOH staff

Cons

Zero work-life balance, no consideration for mental or physical health, punished for needing time off (study, family emergency, medical reasons, holiday), underpayed, lots of favouritism

Snitches paradise

If you want a workplace that treats you unfair then work for these jokers. Favouritism and bullying is common and condoned. Good luck finding a worse employer. Down right don’t do it.

Pros

Knock off time

Cons

Starting the day with dogs

Rather live on the street than work here

Very toxic environment, upper management were not interested in looking after staff. Supervisors were put under horrible pressure with long hours. Very stressful, food quality terrible, treated like morons. You report gross And dangerous behaviour that could result in food poisoning Or staff injury from staff and nothing gets done. Promised promotion and never happens until they desperate. Had staff in tears on a daily basis. Changed rosters without checking with staff. Changed hours worked if did overtime or couldn’t have a break so didn’t get paid what you actually worked. Could go on all day, but no point, avoid if possible.

Cons

Do not work here; will ruin your life no joke

Worst job I’ve ever had in my life, head office is so horrible and have no soul or human decency... Report problems to them and they say you are the problem when you clearly are not. Management is just as bad, supervisors are awesome but treated like dirt just like all staff.Starting PAY at 12.35 for an 18 year old, I got paid more when I was 13 in fast food. 19 & a half and still on 15.50... horrible pay and little to no proper training, always thrown on the deep end/will end up doing 16 hour shifts as people call in sick and you won’t even get a Thankyou or an extra break, do not work here it’s horrible

Pros

Free coffee per shift, long shifts

Cons

Horrible management, take advantage of you, use all staff, treated like trash, worst pay ever

Simple.... it is the laughing stock of WA.... A circus

You work your behind off, to please those morons at the top of the table, whom expect targets for which cannot be met. Promise you all sorts of promotions, only to put you down. Internal bullying. Games of favouritism, usually based upon how revealing you dress, or how much you tend to the managers ego. Shocking menus. Very on the customers side, even when you have followed protocol down to a tee, then give you a written warning. Slot a manager in place, for which Michael Jackson's chimp has more intelligence than the person in charge, sales slump, then come up with a flimsy story to offload you.

The Most Horrible Workplace Environement!!!!!

**WARNING**I would never recommend working for this company. There is constant bullying and harassment that goes on and either management or head office do anything about it. The worst company I have ever worked for and I highly recommend you do not even consider applying for a job.

Don’t recommend

Whilst working at dome I was treated poorly by supervisor, passed up for job advancement to staff who were under qualified hours got cut for no reason and I was told to basically find another job

wouldn't bother with them again

Bullying and harassment is commonplace and when reported it was vexatiously dealt with by terminating of employment. Not a company I'd ever work for again nor would I recommend it to any jobseeker. there are better jobs out there.

Fun place to work

Fun place to work, with a real family orientated working life. Closed boxing day and no split shifts. The staff there where friendly and always hanging out as a whole group.

Pros

No split shifts

Cons

Need to handle high pressure.

Jobs at Dôme Coffees

See more jobs

its okay

They will hire you and promise you lots of hours then out of nowhere will cut back to one or two shifts a week max. I went from 40+ hours a week down to 10 a fortnight. Not happy with the way they treat people

The best place to work in town.

Amazing team and work environment. Really easy going environment. Work is crazy during holidays and its such a busy place and its awesome challenge to work in a fast paced environment. Learn Coffee Making, Cooking, Customer Service and much more.

Mcdonalds is good for young people

Hours are usually always available but the management is a swinging door it is fine for a very short time or the very young. I would not recommend working here if you have any other option

fun life

paper work managent staff barista customer service problem solving of customer arrangements time table for staff opening and closing paper work

Working at Dome

It depands on what time i start; if i do a 6am start i will finish at 2pm and i will run through couple shots of coffee through the machine, turn everything on set up outside tables and chairs, make coffees and/or cold beverages and cakes and muffens, take orders. if i start at 7 or 8 and finsh between 2 and 4 and I will run food, hot and cold beverages and cakes, cover opening barista while they have their break. and if i start at 10, 12 or 2 i will be on until 6, 7 or 8 depending on day it is, i will be on floor running food, hot and cold beverages and cakes, around two i will hope onto coffees and start doing coffee close which including stocking up milk, coffee trays and jugs for counter staff, teas etc clean and wipe beanches down and clean milk line then start to clean the coffee machince. Co-workers they are from all different countries, so you learn new things from other people. The hardest part is trying to run everything out to people without it going everywhere and clean tables. Enjoyable part is getting to know your regulars and whats going in their life.

Pros

everyone gets along and free coffees

Cons

italians mangers can be rude when stressed out

Great place to work at

I used to work as a waiter at Dome Coffees in Fremantle where I would serve drinks and food. I would also take orders and ensure that the customers get what they ordered.

Pros

Friendly Atmospher

Cons

No career progression

Excellent starting point for anyone interested in the hospitality industry

Dome coffees is a awesome place to work with great oppurtunities in advancement to any one who is serious about there career.

Pros

excellent working environment, enjoy good job security with sick and holiday pay

Cons

not really
  • Dôme Coffees