DB Schenker Logistics Employee Reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 1,369 reviews
Productive and fun with table tennis table
process worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 July 2019
Condusive environment and friendly people. Fun and good hours. I love working with them as everyone is so friendly. I get good hours and my goal is to become a member soon
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
Good hours
Work Culture in DBS
Commercial and Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC10 July 2019
I work as the commercial manager in the company . The most fun part of my job is to work with all the other departments and act as an interface . I strive to get our deliverables and ensure that our results are at all times optimum .
The culture at workplace has deteriorated in the recent past . Roles are being made redundant ( in the scheme of things it is acceptable ) but the skills set and IP of the company is being lost in the process
Not really a nice place.
Store Person (Current Employee) –  Hoxton Park NSW6 July 2019
Poor salary package. Unfair treatment as a result of preferment among workers of the same origin. Generally, the workplace is filled with 80% of a particular race that would hardly speak English while at work making it hard for others to get along.
Terrible culture & management. Politics and brown nosing
Logistics Operator (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC7 June 2019
Worked in the DC warehouse in a logistics role at Tullamarine for over 3 yrs. Company lost multiple accounts/contracts due primarily to terrible management, & poor culture due mainly to poor working conditions, lack of recognition for hard work, favouritism, no opportunity for advancement etc, leading to complacency amongst workers and a poor culture. Zero overtime. Warehouse is all male employees except for a female DC Manager who is manipulative, dishonest and completely out of her element; brought and encouranged an unprofessional, backstabbing and brown-nosing culture to the warehouse that did not previously exist. Supervisor is Muslim and incredibly dishonest, disrespectful and tricky in nature. Favouritism towards other Muslims, and is simply a terrible company to have had the displeasure of working with. Poor union and basically a warehouse full of unskilled migrants.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too many to list
Nightmare to work at Schenker
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria NSW23 March 2019
It’s nightmare to work at schenker.

1.First 2 weeks no computer. Manager has to fire someone to get the computer for me.

2.Customer service Department has no stationery!

3.From 3rd week have to cope up to 137 emails in sent box daily workload..

4. Feel work in Asia.Over 85% asians in customer service department.

5. Manager is non negotiable. Colleagues gave you incorrect instruction to ensure you make mistake. Team members has no communication but report directly to manager to discuss issue.

6. It’s incredible airfreight can be delayed 2 weeks after arrival for delivery as air team had not create manual file for customs team to clear!

The only company that make me sick in days.
Pros
reception is new renovated
Cons
No stationery. No computer for 2 weeks. No support from manager. No team environment. .
Amazing bunch of people to work with
Pick Packer/ Warehouse all rounder (Former Employee) –  Yennora NSW6 January 2019
It has been an awesome experience working with a diverse background of people, amazing, genuienly nice people. So many people work above and beyond for this company but never get rewarded or appreciated. There is so much potential for better within the company.
Pros
Diversity of people
Cons
Pay rate and lack of recognition
db schenker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW1 January 2019
I just did packing, good environment good people there. I did leave the company because they didnt give me enough hours even if i would ask and also they would never have paid me on time and if they did pay me on time they wouldnt pay me the right amount so i would have to wait next week and that would just take more tax off
slow paced
MIT department (Former Employee) –  Homebush NSW8 November 2018
typical day at work would be recieving goods and manual handling, picking the paired good, then dispatching them, what i learned was how to work in the MIT section of a warehouse.
Good place to work however low paying jobs
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield East NSW28 October 2018
I enjoy with at DB Schenker, however there are not many oportunities to advance within, the company does not pay as high as other companies out there.
Pros
Great people to work with, hours are flexible
Cons
Low pay
friendly working environment
Customs Compiler (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 October 2018
it's good to work here, people are friendly and supportive, although I might have large work volume everyday, i still can manage well.
the boss is sometime a little bit pushy, and lots lots of telephone enquirers you have to handle, you need to be very patient and always have a good phone manner.
Pros
meet good work mate
Cons
the chance for staff further development is limited.
One of the leading company in logistic business with 100% professional approach to their clients.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Yennora NSW21 July 2018
In DB Schenker the workspace varies on daily basis, I learn how to balance workspace among staff on quiet and busy days. Appreciation from managers upon achieving KPI on weekly basis is the most enjoyable part of this job which results in better productivity and smooth operation.
Pros
Always get appreciation upon achieving dead lines from our management
Cons
No internal growth
Varied
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 April 2018
Interesting place to work, with lots of different personalities, never a dull moment always a busy place. A very busy place to work, and each day brought a new challenge
Good global company
DC Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 March 2018
High expectations and long hours worked by all staff. Need to do post implementations reviews so as to identify improvements

Management approachable and supportive
Good
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Yennora NSW15 March 2018
Good company working there going into my 6th year now with the Company they've been good to me Good Policies of Protecting its Employee. The Company takes Safety very seriously.
Managements lack of safety knowledge
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth Airport WA6 March 2018
Demanding unsafe practices and impossible deadlines just for management to suck up to higher. Love ignoring laws and oh&s regulations just for your concerns to be kept quiet or "there's the gate" attitude.
Cons
Expected to break law to keep job. :(
Excellent company
Forklift Driver / Storeman (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW14 January 2018
Started as a casual 4 about 15 mths then made permanent which I deserved. My job consisted of picking n packing of Samsung computers , Laptops , mobile phones and all the accessories etc. Driving a hi reach 2 pick said items then scanning then packing etc. Because of the items we had it was a highly prized product we dealt with and I was trusted enough by the management that they made me the supervisor.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Hours kept changing
Was OK no problems at all
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithfield NSW4 December 2017
Was fine just not local enough for myself as I live in blacktown transport wasn't easy for me the warehouse was clean and friendly environment I enjoyed working there
pretty good company
pick packer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC22 November 2017
good company great pay if your a casual but full time ppl only get 23.23 cents taking home $730 a week as a forklift driver is very hard to live on great friendly environment thoe
Pros
friendly ppl
Cons
pay no good
fun playing table tennis.
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW15 October 2017
i like my work hours,driving forklifts,we have good workers.i like driving counter balance forklifts.loading trucks,and doing pallet replenishment stock.
good
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW26 July 2017
.Be sure to fucos on duties that are relevant to the position for which you are applying
.I've learned from my experience that if you work harder at it and apply more energy and time to it
.management is good , while culture you can see some values ,traditionals , behavior and attitudes
Most enjoyable part of job you can meet people, dealing your products and with a smile

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.