Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

DHL Employee Reviews

Australia167 reviews
Typical days
Learned systems

Management is good

Multicultural diversity

Hardest part is when trying to work with different types of incoming guests and drivers

Enjoyable part working with good colleagues
Pros
Free meals in every ocassion
Cons
Unpredictable adjustments
One piece of advise is to avoid the place. Especially if you apply for a customer service role under Direct to Market at Number 5. The so called National Service Manager is the rudest person ever. She talks down to everyone like they are stupid and all she does is talk behind you back. Avoid at all circumstances!!! Everyone is scared to raise anything about her as she will probably fire you.
Collaborative work culture. Process adoption and Innovation is at forefront with opportunities to excel within Logistics and Supply Chain Industry. One 1 logistics player in Industry
It is a safe environment, get along pretty well with the co-workers. Pretty easy work but fast-paced. everyone is friendly and willing to help each other out when it gets busy.
I am picking orders and come on the table stars to packing or label ,put in the box and then put on the pallet and take to the label machine to lab and take to ready for deliver
I learned some different things like join some production I did not use before new cheaper brands and expensive brand or good one

Most of the factories they have different rule its good or bad but its must be to obey for this rule

Its alright we meet new friends and work together as a team and help each other ,

The hardest part of work when I start early I am get trouble because too much late to work for drop kids to school that my problem or hardest part of the job

Meet new friends new skills and the top parts I enjoy to work to look after my family
Great experience, learning over the years I worked for the company.
Great work ethic

Safety 1st attitude

Team building environment

Chance for advancement
Put on the lights
Put my name up to say I'm at work

Tidy up the front reception place

Observe to see the gate is free for the delivery trucks come in to offload

Answer the phone at all times

Open doors to some staff without a tag

Then start my work on computer

Filing

Ordering etc normal admin work
A lot of training not suited to daily running of business.Very poor structure.3 State Managers in the past 2.5 years.No management structure.Poor training to achieve your daily goals. No input or help from other states. In house disagreements.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Work that you are not paid for.
A day at DHL would be your average days work from being given tasks and instructions to follow and having to complete these accurately by the end of day to meet customers satisfaction. Daily checks of KPIs and daily housekeeping being met also. Employees were given opportunities and further educational courses. The hard parts of the job were the increase in volumes when we’d be short staffed. The culture of the people will always be the BEST part of the job.
Dynamic fast pace ever changing multiple locations clean and safe international worked there for 9 years has multiple agencies plenty of advancement done
No loyalty to the employees. It's not what you know but who you know.
Whether you have been there one day or 25 years you are treated the same.

k6.
Pros
No Pros.
Cons
You are just a number to them.
Dhl is a great place to work and no day is the same. Only thing that lets company down is inconsistent management and clicky office politics. Management struggled with clear direction to employees.
I started at Australia post and then the new contract came into DHL I moved to the other side of the warehouse that's where the new contract begins called Chemist Warehouse.
Like every work place if your a casual you are a blow- ins they just use you up when it’s busy season but when that finishes you will get stuff all hrs.
Casual do the same work as full time & part time but yet you feel like you are just there for the busy time
DHL is not a good company to work for I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone! Supervisors there are not doing their job properly! Would not work for them again my time there was very stressful
I worked for a company called Celetas, there were a contractor to DHL. It was a good learning experience and a good group of people to work with. I was able to build my skills with being a delivery driver and grew my knowledge of working in a warehouse.
Good working environment with a lil team that suited my comfort. Hours were great and i have created a happy working environment amongst my colleagues
Pros
Hours suited my lifestyle
Cons
The company is moving and I wasnt garranteed permanency.
Very happy workplace
Tremendous focus on health and well-being of employees.

Very focused on workplace safety and teamwork. Many training opportunities
The managers would gossip behind everyone's back, and when they didn't like a new staff member they would bully them and accused them of things that they didn't do just to fire them. It was the worst ever experience to watch them do this to staff. Thankfully I left!
Generally the workplace culture is good. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Most are always friendly and there is no difference between the cleaner and the executives.
Extremely fast paced, love doing the night shift route and great pay. The staff were very helpful as i was really new to the whole warehousing work. Recommend DHL.