Daikin Industries Ltd.
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Daikin Industries Ltd. Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
A very fast-paced environment. Learned new things everyday. Very challenging but rewarding. There's always room for excellence. Immediate manager was very supportive and helpful.
I worked there many years ago as a contractor in the Finance department in Chipping Norton. This was the only job in my whole entire career that I had to leave so sudden due to the fact that I was blamed for an invoice that senior management and financial controller signed off. There was no note and no one informed me that they were not going to pay that supplier. Of course, if the invoice was already been authorised by them to be released, why did they put the blame on a casual person who just been there for less than a week?

Then the staff were so cold unfriendly and did not want to give me work to do except one nice girl who was asian like me, she felt sorry for me so gave me something to do. I rang up my agent and told them the situation after that i left. Terrible scary office, don't ever work there people. Staff were feeling insecure about their jobs and never talk to you. The financial controller guy was the worst of them all.
Old school, need education on how the current market, culture, respect etc is all about....new location but same old culture.Pay condition is appalling.
Daikin Industries is a real multinational leader within the HVAC industry. The way they do business along with their long term goals and vision; the team are constantly working collaboratively to achieve goals together.

The environment is family friendly and quite welcoming. People are very helpful and will go out of their way to ensure you are looked after.

Great location with ample, secure and free parking. The company itself is growing and is destined for further success with it's current management team.

Job security is certain. Benefits are also good and overall environment aim to strive for a healthy work/life balance.
Pros
Career progression opportunities in a multinational corporation
An eye opening experience working for a global manufacturing company.

Typically as a service technician your day will begin getting up early and ready on time to meet your first service call and completing between 5-6 jobs a day, depending on type of job (access, buildings, commercial, industrial).

You job role will contain completing site surveys (checking if the job can be completed in a safe manner) and approaching customers with solutions for the Daikin equipment.

In this time you must also be effective and efficient to perform a thorough diagnosis with the system and finish off providing a quotation for works required/needed.

You'll be communicating to the office staff throughout the day for purchase orders, part releasing and rescheduling jobs.

Typically you'll also be given training days and also workshop days to brainstorm ideas and include any questions that may require to be addressed.

Staff are friendly and are willing to support each other when in need.

Recommend any strong minded service technicians that are up for a challenge to take the opportunity to improve their knowledge and grow within the company to apply.
Pros
Daikin lifestyle, great salary
Cons
Can be long hours
If you would like to be manipulated and abused by superior "managers" then Daikin is your go to. No matter how long you work here the company will still wont care.
Pros
With long stressful days, at the end of it, the customers are happy and they keep coming back. With great time management and organisational skills you could do really well in a job at Daikin.
Great company, workers & management. You are treated like you are appreciated & needed & to date the company has avoided layoffs through smart management & company decisions to keep all workers employed
Pros
Treated like you matter, Management seek staff input/suggestions etc
Cons
Work life balance needs a little work
I love my job and enjoy what I do. I have a great team and find it easy to come into work everyday.
I've picked up new skills within my role due to the variety of duties required that I truly appreciate. I enjoy working in the busy environment as each day passes by very quickly. There's never a dull moment where I sit there to look for work.

I work in a small department which I feel more like a family to me.

Most of the technicians are efficient, friendly and very helpful whenever I need support. My Supervisor is very supportive and always willing to assist me in every way possible to make my job less stressful.
Pros
Morning Tea organised by the team for everyone's birthday, Gift voucher for Christmas, secured parking
Cons
No salary increment, must ask for a pay rise to be reviewed, slow process on getting things approved
Personally, I think Daikin's employees is the benchmark for every worker in the world. Employees work very hard all day long without complaining and they managed to produce great results. Apart from that, what I love about the company is that they take their time to actually perfect a project. This results in high quality robust end products.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Daikin Industries Ltd.?
* learnt boundaries
* learnt how to establish things

* my co workers were great to work with

great fun bubbly people

*the hardest part of the job was insulating parts of the A/C very fiddly

the most enjoyable part of the job was the people who i worked with

having good energy around makes the work place a happy environment .
Pros
charitty support and awards
Cons
alot of competition to move up the ladder