Darebin City Council Employee Reviews

4.0Pay & Benefits
3.7Job Security & Advancement
Great supportive and proactive team
Local Laws Investigations Officer contractor (Current Employee) –  Preston18 July 2014
Great supportive and proactive team
Co-workers are very supportive and open to sharing
knowledge and experiences.
Intensive, high pressure environment to meet the needs of ratepayers
Administration/Customer Service Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Preston, VIC30 October 2013
Dealing with the many and varied needs of community facility hirers, both regular and casual, required constant monitoring of all facets of facility hire including, but not limited to, facility maintenance, invoicing, bonds, inspections, managing all bookings and allocating days/times, fee application, policy development, budgeting, dealing with difficult customers and conflict resolution and supporting my co-workers to assist them in completing administration tasks.
Pros
Being busy at all times, building rapport with co-workers.
Cons
Sole co-ordinator of community facilities, little support available.
Fun people and lots of laughs
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Preston Melbourne12 June 2013
Liaise with colleagues and public
I enjoy the customer service side of the role and what I can do for the clients and love interacting with people both internal and external stake holders. I enjoy my other role within council as Graffiti Removal Response Officer where I have the opportunity to be the person responsible and the management of cleaning up the streets. This involves liaising with contractors and dept of justice. Ordering of chemicals and paint products. Assisting the public with enquiries about how to remove graffiti from their properties.
The hardest part of the job is the inability to assist all residents with their enquiries. at times we have enquiries that are totally not related to council at all.
Pros
great staff
Cons
Repetive phone calls