Darebin City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Darebin City Council Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews
A great place to work. Located near to Preston train station and close to many amenities. Great collegues and flexible working hours, job is made interesting due to having to support different site locations, proving different variety of work challenges.
Work overload and no management assistance or cooperation. Staff were set in their ways and had no intention of cooperating with management or any new manager.
Pros
Cons
very long hours, no assistance and no cooperation
The staff in general are great to work with. Plenty of laughs and humor. However the pressure by dissatisfied rate payers, builders and designers make life difficult and raise allot of pressure in meeting datelines.
Company not secure in keeping your job. Was a temp for 6 months went to an interview and 4 off us lost our jobs as they found people better than us. Workplace culture not great and management all over the place
The organisation have a very supportive group of people. There is a lot of processes that can improve as it's not efficient at times. However, there is investments on projects yearly to continuously improve which is great to see. Training is also provided to ensure those in the role succeed and delivery to the organisation strategies and plans.
Pros
The people are great
Cons
Limited development opportunities
I have completed a Service excellence Training in order to deliver exceptional customer service all round to all customers accessing any service from council. Working within a team of thirty employees helped me adapt to working with others from various cultures, demographic backgrounds and professional experiences.
Pros
Flexible working conditions, friendly team, worked between different four offices within Darebin, front counter cash handling skills, strong phone manner skills, undergoing a Service Excellence Training and monthly call evaluations to improve on service level.
Cons
The role was fantastic but I wanted to grow professionally
Great supportive and proactive team Co-workers are very supportive and open to sharing knowledge and experiences.
Dealing with the many and varied needs of community facility hirers, both regular and casual, required constant monitoring of all facets of facility hire including, but not limited to, facility maintenance, invoicing, bonds, inspections, managing all bookings and allocating days/times, fee application, policy development, budgeting, dealing with difficult customers and conflict resolution and supporting my co-workers to assist them in completing administration tasks.
Pros
Being busy at all times, building rapport with co-workers.
Cons
Sole co-ordinator of community facilities, little support available.
Liaise with colleagues and public I enjoy the customer service side of the role and what I can do for the clients and love interacting with people both internal and external stake holders. I enjoy my other role within council as Graffiti Removal Response Officer where I have the opportunity to be the person responsible and the management of cleaning up the streets. This involves liaising with contractors and dept of justice. Ordering of chemicals and paint products. Assisting the public with enquiries about how to remove graffiti from their properties. The hardest part of the job is the inability to assist all residents with their enquiries. at times we have enquiries that are totally not related to council at all.
Pros
great staff
Cons
Repetive phone calls
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Darebin City Council?