Datacom Employee Reviews

Okay
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 April 2019
Cant really give accurate description of company however quite a sterile environment. Kept at arms lenght as i was only a Recruitment assignment not a permanent member of staff.
Worst management ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA26 March 2019
For starters, I was interviewed and hired for a casual position that would require 9 weeks of full-time training to begin with. Then months later, after waiting and waiting for them to actually tell me I was starting, the training was shortened to 8 weeks. Then suddenly on the day I started training, I was told 4 weeks. Then finally, after a few days I was told I would only be training for two weeks and then I'd be on the floor making calls. So you would think the training would be sufficient to make making calls easy enough right? Well unfortunately, they seemed to completely miss the mark and train everyone completely irrelevant and useless information over the entire two weeks. Not one piece of information we learnt was useful once we started making calls. Then to make matters worse, even the management didn't seem to know what to do when we all had errors. We would be waiting minimum an hour per error for someone to come help us while we've got a customer on hold, and even then it isn't guaranteed they'll even know how to fix the issue. All of the management staff say different things, one will say we're authorised to do something while another will say we're not. The whole place felt like a mess. I wanted to love it there because the people themselves are mostly all wonderful, but the management is just terrible.
Pros
Paid training, Lots of kitchens and utilities
Cons
Long hours, Rude Management, Inconsistent information
Avoid Working Here
Politically Suffocating
Pompous Human Resources
Arrogant Upper Management
Deaf to Experienced Staff
Pros
Nothing at all - dont work here
Cons
All mentioned in the review
Frought with opportunity
Transformation director (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC18 February 2019
Great people, trying to shift to be relevant in a VUCA environment.
Hours are fairly flexible, COO is fair and reasonable. Generally, the culture is good, and they follow all
Pros
good people
Cons
bad location for public transport and no parking
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  1 Julius Ave, North Ryde NSW 211310 October 2018
I have never hated a work place more. There was no support and I only interacted with my 'manager' when he came to tell me to work harder. I had no frame work or assistance to boost my performance.
Cons
There was extreme hygiene issues.
Blind leading the blind
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA13 September 2018
A lot of system issues, and the majority of the time I was left to solve the problems myself as management was either unavailable and/or had no idea how to fix the issues themselves.

There was also a lack of communication between supervisors, I got told off by one manager and got permission from another.

Stressful work environment with low wages and low chance for promotion.
Pros
Peers
Cons
very comfortable place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 April 2018
I had a great experience at Datacom as a intern. The management was also good. They were very polite and supportive. It is a multicultural organisation. The hardest part was delays in deadlines whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team.
Worst company ever!!!!
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 April 2018
Where do i start. Constant written warnings for silly stuff that is out of a persons control. Management are horrible, they play favorites and turn people against each other. Returning from leave i was told i have no future in this company, nor are smart enough.. They have no emotional intellgience or actually care about people. Wouldnt recommend working here!
Pros
Friends
Cons
No advancements.
Most enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Ryde NSW18 February 2018
I loved the people I worked with. the work place was fun and the team leaders and managers were very supportive.
Training was provided, help was always provided when you needed it.
Great incentives to do better and to come to work on Mondays.
Fun lunch room.
Pros
People were ease to get along with.
Cons
Pay
Unsuitable
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 September 2017
unfair work expectations, clique in management hard to break, disrespectful superiors, suspicious promotion process, joyless environment, fear tctics, no loyalty,
Good work environment in Ryde, not so much when performing shifts in Parramatta.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 July 2017
For the most part this was a positive experience although having to swap to the Parramatta site for weekends took a little getting used to. Far too short as it only lasted a month, but I still managed to reinforce my experience with outbound customer service in general.
Demanding, but inviting
Customer service (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW21 May 2017
Seriously, this was one of the most amazing team environments I have ever worked in; from day one you are part of a family there and it is awesome in that sense. However, this company also does have a high staff turn around in my experience. There is a lot of pressure amongst the role, and while advancement is definitely possible with some people advancing very quickly, there are limited roles. Also roles change on a regular basis as the tax year cycle rotates so it's hard to get an expert grip in one area.

Generally it's a high pressure, low pay, and stressful environment. But if you just need a job quickly and are just looking for a group of co-workers you can have fun with after work or something, then this place fits that bill.
Fun workplace and good working enviornment
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 April 2017
Company is very good
Big name in IT company is their region
Working environment is really good
more focus on production
Great management
great team of testers and developers
Productive and fun
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 February 2017
Handled technical troubleshooting within an enterprise environment, including network setup, password reset, system crashes, slow-downs and data recoveries.
Pros
Free fruits
Cons
no break in 2 hours
Intersting
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2017
The company was very goal orientated we have regular meetings about upping our goals and met them every time. I worked hard within the team to make exceed results for the month
productive and fantastic co-workers
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 January 2017
Datacom was a fantastic working environment to start my first real life big job, Was a shame i had to leave due to some travel issues
Pros
Great people
Cons
long hours/ travel
Unproffessional lack of appreciation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 November 2016
I worked for datacom for 10months and did not like the management.

Felt like i was just a number, micromanaged, no progression

Hygiene was bad at Parramatta location
Fun and productive place to work at while learning and developing technical skills.
Service Desk Analyst (Internship) (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC14 May 2016
I worked at Datacom as an intern while during my professional development course. I developed technical skills while working with other interns and employees at the service desk. Everyone is very supportive and helpful. Great company to work for and develop your skills and grow within the company.
Great place to work with onsite parking
Call Centre (Former Employee) –  North Ryde9 August 2015
Great company, benefits, atmosphere, convenient location with easy access parking. Room for development and career advancements. Friendly team members that look after each other. Full training provided.
Summary
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Ryde14 June 2015
Its a good company to work with, but unfortunately, no job security and has flaws in management, no performance reviews etc