Datacom Employee Reviews in Modbury SA

unwelcoming unfriendly staff
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA5 June 2019
my personal opinion I did not like the role, was not a very active job so its not something I would do again and the staff were not so warming and made me feel uncomfortable.
Poor pay, poorly trained
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA5 June 2019
Contact centre work, pays $41k flat rate. We received minimal training to be able to undertake work for the client, no training in databases or systems which was embarrassing to deal with once on the floor.
Pros
Great team mates
Cons
Lack of training, poor pay
Worst management ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA26 March 2019
For starters, I was interviewed and hired for a casual position that would require 9 weeks of full-time training to begin with. Then months later, after waiting and waiting for them to actually tell me I was starting, the training was shortened to 8 weeks. Then suddenly on the day I started training, I was told 4 weeks. Then finally, after a few days I was told I would only be training for two weeks and then I'd be on the floor making calls. So you would think the training would be sufficient to make making calls easy enough right? Well unfortunately, they seemed to completely miss the mark and train everyone completely irrelevant and useless information over the entire two weeks. Not one piece of information we learnt was useful once we started making calls. Then to make matters worse, even the management didn't seem to know what to do when we all had errors. We would be waiting minimum an hour per error for someone to come help us while we've got a customer on hold, and even then it isn't guaranteed they'll even know how to fix the issue. All of the management staff say different things, one will say we're authorised to do something while another will say we're not. The whole place felt like a mess. I wanted to love it there because the people themselves are mostly all wonderful, but the management is just terrible.
Pros
Paid training, Lots of kitchens and utilities
Cons
Long hours, Rude Management, Inconsistent information
Blind leading the blind
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA13 September 2018
A lot of system issues, and the majority of the time I was left to solve the problems myself as management was either unavailable and/or had no idea how to fix the issues themselves.

There was also a lack of communication between supervisors, I got told off by one manager and got permission from another.

Stressful work environment with low wages and low chance for promotion.
Pros
Peers