Datacom Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

unwelcoming unfriendly staff
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA5 June 2019
my personal opinion I did not like the role, was not a very active job so its not something I would do again and the staff were not so warming and made me feel uncomfortable.
Poor pay, poorly trained
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA5 June 2019
Contact centre work, pays $41k flat rate. We received minimal training to be able to undertake work for the client, no training in databases or systems which was embarrassing to deal with once on the floor.
Pros
Great team mates
Cons
Lack of training, poor pay
Great entry level position
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW7 May 2019
Fantastic entry level position, great for school leavers and current students. Great enviroment. Team management is great, communicative and reliable.
Inbound center with progression throughout skills.
Workplace culture is young, funky and professional.
Pros
Games, coffee machine and free breakfast
Cons
hot desking each day
Worst management ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA26 March 2019
For starters, I was interviewed and hired for a casual position that would require 9 weeks of full-time training to begin with. Then months later, after waiting and waiting for them to actually tell me I was starting, the training was shortened to 8 weeks. Then suddenly on the day I started training, I was told 4 weeks. Then finally, after a few days I was told I would only be training for two weeks and then I'd be on the floor making calls. So you would think the training would be sufficient to make making calls easy enough right? Well unfortunately, they seemed to completely miss the mark and train everyone completely irrelevant and useless information over the entire two weeks. Not one piece of information we learnt was useful once we started making calls. Then to make matters worse, even the management didn't seem to know what to do when we all had errors. We would be waiting minimum an hour per error for someone to come help us while we've got a customer on hold, and even then it isn't guaranteed they'll even know how to fix the issue. All of the management staff say different things, one will say we're authorised to do something while another will say we're not. The whole place felt like a mess. I wanted to love it there because the people themselves are mostly all wonderful, but the management is just terrible.
Pros
Paid training, Lots of kitchens and utilities
Cons
Long hours, Rude Management, Inconsistent information
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  1 Julius Ave, North Ryde NSW 211310 October 2018
I have never hated a work place more. There was no support and I only interacted with my 'manager' when he came to tell me to work harder. I had no frame work or assistance to boost my performance.
Cons
There was extreme hygiene issues.
Blind leading the blind
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA13 September 2018
A lot of system issues, and the majority of the time I was left to solve the problems myself as management was either unavailable and/or had no idea how to fix the issues themselves.

There was also a lack of communication between supervisors, I got told off by one manager and got permission from another.

Stressful work environment with low wages and low chance for promotion.
Pros
Peers
Most enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Ryde NSW18 February 2018
I loved the people I worked with. the work place was fun and the team leaders and managers were very supportive.
Training was provided, help was always provided when you needed it.
Great incentives to do better and to come to work on Mondays.
Fun lunch room.
Pros
People were ease to get along with.
Cons
Pay
Unsuitable
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 September 2017
unfair work expectations, clique in management hard to break, disrespectful superiors, suspicious promotion process, joyless environment, fear tctics, no loyalty,
Good work environment in Ryde, not so much when performing shifts in Parramatta.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 July 2017
For the most part this was a positive experience although having to swap to the Parramatta site for weekends took a little getting used to. Far too short as it only lasted a month, but I still managed to reinforce my experience with outbound customer service in general.
Demanding, but inviting
Customer service (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW21 May 2017
Seriously, this was one of the most amazing team environments I have ever worked in; from day one you are part of a family there and it is awesome in that sense. However, this company also does have a high staff turn around in my experience. There is a lot of pressure amongst the role, and while advancement is definitely possible with some people advancing very quickly, there are limited roles. Also roles change on a regular basis as the tax year cycle rotates so it's hard to get an expert grip in one area.

Generally it's a high pressure, low pay, and stressful environment. But if you just need a job quickly and are just looking for a group of co-workers you can have fun with after work or something, then this place fits that bill.
Intersting
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2017
The company was very goal orientated we have regular meetings about upping our goals and met them every time. I worked hard within the team to make exceed results for the month
Unproffessional lack of appreciation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 November 2016
I worked for datacom for 10months and did not like the management.

Felt like i was just a number, micromanaged, no progression

Hygiene was bad at Parramatta location