Datacom Management reviews

Worst job ever
Australian Taxation Office - Outsource Staff (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW14 July 2019
If I could leave 0 or even choose an amount of negative stars I would. This place hires a group of 50 monthly due to the amount of staff that quit almost instantly out of training. Those who decide to tough it out can look forward to poor pay, poor break times, double standards, and just overall misery and dread of having to return to that place another day.
Cons
Avoid, they treat u even worse than trash
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ryde NSW12 July 2019
They dont pay much, then they have a rule of 1 hour notice period to kick u out from the shift. So workforce planning walks to u and tells u please finish in 1 hour.

They will give u high expectations on working hours, then wont give u shifts and then will kick u out early from the shifts they have given.

They will beg u to work when work load increases and kick u out when it decreases. This is worse than use and throw plastic bottles.

They promised breakfast, then stopped it without any notice.

And then they have a policy to overload people who stay back as full time employees because they kick out casuals and then full time employees wont even get time to breathe between calls because they now handle twice the calls they should originally be doing.

Employees working full time and also performing well according to the company's KPI's get fired as easy as breathing without much notice.
Pros
Nothing at all.
Cons
Overload of work, low salary @41k
Great entry level position
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW7 May 2019
Fantastic entry level position, great for school leavers and current students. Great enviroment. Team management is great, communicative and reliable.
Inbound center with progression throughout skills.
Workplace culture is young, funky and professional.
Pros
Games, coffee machine and free breakfast
Cons
hot desking each day
Worst management ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA26 March 2019
For starters, I was interviewed and hired for a casual position that would require 9 weeks of full-time training to begin with. Then months later, after waiting and waiting for them to actually tell me I was starting, the training was shortened to 8 weeks. Then suddenly on the day I started training, I was told 4 weeks. Then finally, after a few days I was told I would only be training for two weeks and then I'd be on the floor making calls. So you would think the training would be sufficient to make making calls easy enough right? Well unfortunately, they seemed to completely miss the mark and train everyone completely irrelevant and useless information over the entire two weeks. Not one piece of information we learnt was useful once we started making calls. Then to make matters worse, even the management didn't seem to know what to do when we all had errors. We would be waiting minimum an hour per error for someone to come help us while we've got a customer on hold, and even then it isn't guaranteed they'll even know how to fix the issue. All of the management staff say different things, one will say we're authorised to do something while another will say we're not. The whole place felt like a mess. I wanted to love it there because the people themselves are mostly all wonderful, but the management is just terrible.
Pros
Paid training, Lots of kitchens and utilities
Cons
Long hours, Rude Management, Inconsistent information
Avoid Working Here
Politically Suffocating
Pompous Human Resources
Arrogant Upper Management
Deaf to Experienced Staff
Pros
Nothing at all - dont work here
Cons
All mentioned in the review
Blind leading the blind
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA13 September 2018
A lot of system issues, and the majority of the time I was left to solve the problems myself as management was either unavailable and/or had no idea how to fix the issues themselves.

There was also a lack of communication between supervisors, I got told off by one manager and got permission from another.

Stressful work environment with low wages and low chance for promotion.
Pros
Peers
Cons
very comfortable place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 April 2018
I had a great experience at Datacom as a intern. The management was also good. They were very polite and supportive. It is a multicultural organisation. The hardest part was delays in deadlines whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team.
Worst company ever!!!!
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 April 2018
Where do i start. Constant written warnings for silly stuff that is out of a persons control. Management are horrible, they play favorites and turn people against each other. Returning from leave i was told i have no future in this company, nor are smart enough.. They have no emotional intellgience or actually care about people. Wouldnt recommend working here!
Pros
Friends
Cons
No advancements.
Unsuitable
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 September 2017
unfair work expectations, clique in management hard to break, disrespectful superiors, suspicious promotion process, joyless environment, fear tctics, no loyalty,
Fun workplace and good working enviornment
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 April 2017
Company is very good
Big name in IT company is their region
Working environment is really good
more focus on production
Great management
great team of testers and developers
Unproffessional lack of appreciation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 November 2016
I worked for datacom for 10months and did not like the management.

Felt like i was just a number, micromanaged, no progression

Hygiene was bad at Parramatta location
Summary
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Ryde14 June 2015
Its a good company to work with, but unfortunately, no job security and has flaws in management, no performance reviews etc