Datacom Employee Review

Worst management ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA26 March 2019
For starters, I was interviewed and hired for a casual position that would require 9 weeks of full-time training to begin with. Then months later, after waiting and waiting for them to actually tell me I was starting, the training was shortened to 8 weeks. Then suddenly on the day I started training, I was told 4 weeks. Then finally, after a few days I was told I would only be training for two weeks and then I'd be on the floor making calls. So you would think the training would be sufficient to make making calls easy enough right? Well unfortunately, they seemed to completely miss the mark and train everyone completely irrelevant and useless information over the entire two weeks. Not one piece of information we learnt was useful once we started making calls. Then to make matters worse, even the management didn't seem to know what to do when we all had errors. We would be waiting minimum an hour per error for someone to come help us while we've got a customer on hold, and even then it isn't guaranteed they'll even know how to fix the issue. All of the management staff say different things, one will say we're authorised to do something while another will say we're not. The whole place felt like a mess. I wanted to love it there because the people themselves are mostly all wonderful, but the management is just terrible.
Pros
Paid training, Lots of kitchens and utilities
Cons
Long hours, Rude Management, Inconsistent information

Other Datacom Employee Reviews

Not the best environement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA12 June 2019
I was there for 8 months but they were super unhelpful when i got unwell and where an extremly stressful environment to work in.
Training was not adequete for the actual job which distressed many employees
Pros
Exciting environment
Cons
high pressure
unwelcoming unfriendly staff
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Modbury SA5 June 2019
my personal opinion I did not like the role, was not a very active job so its not something I would do again and the staff were not so warming and made me feel uncomfortable.