David Jones Employee Reviews

Orst culture brand only interested in gossip
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 June 2019
Work for s brand partner within DJs and haven’t in my 30 years of working experienced such a bad culture from David Jones.
In particular the miranda location is disgusting so much gossip not enough work creating the worst culture to be around.
Pros
Discounts on all brands
Cons
Gossip, culture, bad environment, management involved in gossip too, no support
Wasting time
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Headoffice6 June 2019
poor management,Double standard, poor teamleadership, low pay. They do not appreciate for your effort and contribution. I won't recommend any job in DJ to my friends as they deserve a better job.
Pros
staff discount? sorry, not to contractor
Cons
poor system, high volume of work and never to be end
Excellent Working Environment and Culture
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 May 2019
Best work place culture. It's a fun place to work at with amazing colleague who always have your back. The amount of things you learn at work is a lot and very beneficial for enhancung your communication skills and boosting your confidence.
Pros
-Good Salary -Good Management -Good Work place culture -Supportive Colleagues
Cons
Tough to work if you do not have fairly good communication skills
Productive and fun and a very good experience
Photographer, Part time (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW28 May 2019
My days working with David Jones was busy, insightful and fun. I'm so Hppy to have had the chance to work with David Jones. I learnt how to use a camera, how to edit photos on a computer and time management under pressure. The hardest part of the job would have been the agitated and angry customers however I was able to explain to them and apologise for any inconvenience. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the team and talking to the customers.
Pros
1x free Santa photo
Pressure beyond job description.
Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 May 2019
The expectation is very much that you will live and breathe the brand. The team is lovely to work with, but stretched incredibly thin. Extreme pressure is placed on employees to push customers to apply for the David Jones American Express cards.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Low remuneration
A generaly confortable enviorment.
Sales Assistant/Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burwood NSW19 April 2019
Always (mostly) enjoyed been at work.
Interacting with colleges, focusing on costumer service/ new product knowledge .always interesting .
Making sure of product replenishment, stock control.
Awareness on KPI s .
Maintaining a clean, healthy, secure work environment for staff/colleges as well as costumers.
Changing of supervisors/floor managers somehow challenging at times.
Pros
satisfied costumers, financial reinbursment.
Cons
daily challenges, difficult situations.
INVENTORY ADMIN (Current Employee) –  Silverwater NSW7 April 2019
Every day at work is a brand new day and you will be able to learn new things and have new tasks and responsibilities. I've been able to learn how to manage employees, also meet daily targets.
Great Teamwork
Logistic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 March 2019
David Jones work was a great experience as the team I was involved in worked relentlessly in providing great support to the store, the attitude was friendly and the team was nice and dedicated. Management was also helpful.
Pros
Meal Breaks
Bad working experience over DJ
Chef (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 February 2019
be careful if you want to join their Food Hall Team!
Very surprised that such a big company has such a bad working culture and body really care their job. Disgusting management and bad pay.But if you just wanna hand around and get ready for your retirement, not a bad place to choose:)
Great staff however management was horrible
CUSTOMER CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 February 2019
Great staff and environment however management, pressure and total neglect for staff wellbeing at times is unacceptable. manager was not willing to give casual staff a day off 3 weeks in advance. Manager is very hard to negotiate with.
Pros
Great staff, long lunches
Cons
terrible managment, terrible culture
Not secure, not enough hours, unappreciated
Sales Consultant SLEEPMAKER (Former Employee) –  Chatswood NSW10 February 2019
There wasn't enough appreciation of the work and effort we put in as staff. Not having job security turned out to be a big issue and not being given enough hours during the week made it difficult to find another job, so really there was no back-up plan whilst working there.
fun workplace
Logistic assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 January 2019
Work place is fun to work but with limited career opportunity. Colleagues are friendly and management listens to staff. Sometimes work pressure is overwhelming as only limited number of staff are assigned.
great
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Robina QLD7 January 2019
a good place to work with out doubt the best expirience in work i have yet had. only one complaint is that the induction culture they want ingrained is lacking in some of the longer term staff you will work with
Pretty Average
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 January 2019
The only good thing about this company is the Co-workers and the customers. Management is slack. Especially when it comes to asking for help when its busy, extra help only ever shows up when it suits the managers and they dont have to pay to have extra people on. They never put enough staff on when you need it. Staff are always having problems with pay wether its late or missing. Most of the concession workers dont get SAN numbers so alot of customers dont get served. They mess up availabilities alot too. Put you on the exact times you say you can't work. Overall this company has alot of fixing to do with thier entire attitude and the way they "look after" their staff.
Pros
Staff, Customers.
Cons
Management, Pay, Availability.
Super Retailer -
Sales Supervisor- Queens Plaza and Carindale (Former Employee) –  Carindale QLD2 January 2019
Key Achievements:

• Providing highly effective staff supervision, training and rostering

• Meeting or exceeding sales targets and key performance indicators

• Ensuring a high level of work health and safety is available to all employees
Pros
Product Range
Worst place to work at
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carindale QLD28 November 2018
The store I worked at had okay managers but it was extremely difficult working in this store as we were constantly understaffed. When you call managers to get someone to help you, they don't even bother. Selling the card to customers is useless as we are not a bank and is unnecessary stress. It is extremely difficult to give customers 100% our attention as we are constantly understaffed and have no support from management. We cant satisfy the customers and the management.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
management, no support, cards
Everyone is lovely
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / WAITRESS (Current Employee) –  Carindale QLD22 November 2018
Training was always there number 1, never throw you in the deep end. All staff members were lovely and always helped you even if it was there job. The management is great.
Pros
Lovely staff members, all lunch breaks
Review
Logistic assistant (Former Employee) –  Silverwater NSW5 November 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working there even though it was only a short contract but overall I enjoy the experience and invaluable skills I learn from the logistic centre It gave me a stepping stone where I can utilised what I know to further my skills experience and advanced my future into the unknown. Thank you so much for the experience gained. Much appreciate.
Pros
Free lunch
Good work
Marketing and Logistics Professional (Current Employee) –  Canberra5 November 2018
Good work environment and employees. Very good policies and procedures and fair practices. Good perks and compensation benefits. Great discount on products.
good for experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Waverley VIC14 October 2018
A great first job to learn retail standards as DJ"S brand is well known and highly esteemed .Experience the full variety of customer situations, from spending 20 mins with interested customer wanting your advice to high volume traffic during promotional periods.
High quality products
go to work in a suit!
Pros
enjoyable regular customers, great co-workers
Cons
dealing with customers with personal issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Jones. Our community is ready to answer.