David Jones
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

David Jones Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

3.5Work–Life Balance

Good company to work for as a concession

Management is very aggressive towards staff so hopefully they change them regularly so the best is to do your job well to avoid stress. As long as job is done well no problems arise. Working for two companies was difficult.

Pros

Safe company, payments on time, good breaks

Cons

Some managers have a power problem

Relaxed Work place

Great workplace, good boss and colleagues. System errors sometimes. Room for promotion but the job can get monotonous doing same thing for years. I love DJ

Pros

Staff discounts

Cons

Low wages

thrilling to be working in the very ornate Queens Plaza store. busy and helpful staff.

very busy and helpful staff. training documents provided are top of the range. Management eager to ensure smooth transition to the selling floor. the hardest part of the job was to work with staff who have been at David Jones for many years and are dissatisfied for their personal reasons. Reflected in their interactions with new staff coming in. I was able to refresh and improve my customer service skills. I was thrilled to be working with the public in such a busy environment.

Pros

staff discounts on products

Toxic work environment

Toxic work environment where bullying and harassment is a normal everyday practice. Very ageist, class structure in evident between management and sales staff. No prober Work Health and Safety Practices.

great

a good place to work with out doubt the best expirience in work i have yet had. only one complaint is that the induction culture they want ingrained is lacking in some of the longer term staff you will work with

Everyone is lovely

Training was always there number 1, never throw you in the deep end. All staff members were lovely and always helped you even if it was there job. The management is great.

Pros

Lovely staff members, all lunch breaks

Working in retail

Working for this company is good but its not necessarily a career option for me as my postion does not allow much interaction. While staff are friendly i find my position to be dull certain times of day and year. However, If you love an office job it is perfect.

Pros

meeting new people

Cons

Can be quiet and slow

Great place to work!

Lovely people to work with! Customers are great too! I've learnt so much at David Jones as they regularly hold training sessions on Customer Service and WHS to keep us and the customers safe.

I liked getting paid for being nice to people

First and foremost this was sales job, one of the most frequent tasks is working on the Point Of Sale and working at the customer service desk Greeting and serving customers from the moment they enter the shop. Advise customers and answer any queries they may have, from stock availability and details of special offers to a product’s price. Lay Buy , Click & Collect conditions and credit and store card issues.

Pros

staff discount

Cons

long hours on your feet

David Jones

Just want to say it's a great company to work BUT I still want a transfer .Work ethic is very high . The company loks out for the staff .

Pros

great work ethic

Cons

Late night Fridays.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at David Jones?

A great display of team work

A typical day never goes as planned, quick decision are required in a fast and action paced work environment. Great learning ground for working as a team and developing leadership skills. Communication and execution are key to the success of the tasks undertaken. Great and friendly co-workers with a touch of a home from home.

Pros

Challenging great learning opportunities

Cons

Productive and a positive environment

Can get extremely busy during festive seasons. i love working as a team member and I am great at following instructions and showing initiative

Pros

Bonus, free training

Cons

Busy at festive seasons

Working with lOvely people and serving Customers

I am currently working with the Online Team, a typical day is usually busy, productive and dealing with many different situations. My Co-workers and myself all get on well, we are here to support and help each other, regardless if you are new to the team or not. The hardest part is when maybe the system lets us down or works really slow. The enjoyable part of working for this company is achieving happy outcomes for our customers. As you can tell this is a job, I enjoy very much.

Pros

Working with great people.

Cons

Working late on cold wet nights, can be a drag getting come late.

A great organization to work with

Working with David Jones was an awesome experience overall. My job was to take calls and assist customers online. I have learnt great customer services skills and its one of the best experience in Sydney so far. Management was very cooperative and helpful and my co-workers have been very supportive. Though I faced bit of a problem due to some wrong guidance but all went good in the end. There wasn't any hardest part of the job as such but sometimes I found it hard to deal with unhappy customers as I was unaware of what might have happened before. It was mainly because it was a Christmas temporary job. However, I learned to deal by the end and all was good in the end.

Pros

Effective Learning Environment

Cons

Little Misunderstandings due to high work load

Fast paced and demanding work life.

Punctuality most important. On the job learning includes sales angles and pitches, dispute resolution and effective time management. Working with experienced, knowledgeable colleagues, the hardest part of the job is working through the holidays or otherwise very busy times.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

low rate of pay

Overall a nice place to work

In my position at David Jones my main duties includedMaintaining the customer service counterStaff rosteringChubb cash collectionsGeneral admin dutiesSwitchboard operationsData entryFace to face customer enquires

Pros

meeting people

Cons

weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Jones. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• David Jones