David Jones
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

David Jones Employee Reviews for Logistics Assistant

3.5Work–Life Balance

Productive and fun place to work

Meet new people learn new style of working get to talk to everyone working there experience different drinks and food such as chips and wines beer. The hardest part of the job is learning new systems and adjusting to the new staff and making new friends as well as keeping up with today's technology. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting tips and getting paid. Also getting to know everyone working there.

Pros

Free meal voucher

Cons

It has a fast paced environment yet it feels good to be working here.

A typical day at work is usually busy, which is understandable in a retail industry. This actually works for me since I am used to multitask and can cope with this type of environment. Workplace culture is great, everyone knows everyone and the management is very accommodating and just in their decisions.

Fun place to work. Team members are friendly and collaborative.

Fun. Encouraging team members. Staff benefits. Positive environment. Work is fun and I always look forward for the next shift. Meeting different people gives you a lot of learning in a short time.

Poor - average

David Jones over the years has changed tremendously. In many good and bad ways. You have to be a favourite to get anywhere and there is always push. Job load never gets any easier. I miss the old David Jones

Great Place!

As a logistics assistant. It was a great place to work! Very relaxed job. Learned how to process inventory and help with my organization skills. Definitely recommend.

Fast-paced, stressful. Poor communication

Receiving truck deliveries all at the same time and being pushed to make sure that everything is correct and in order, while multiple trucks are trying to unload their delivery and trying to get you to hurry as they have deadlines to meet.

Nice place but cold during winter

Nice environment very friendly staff, helpful, understanding. The nice part of my job was the early start and earlz finish but the work always the same which I found it a boring after a while.

Great Teamwork

David Jones work was a great experience as the team I was involved in worked relentlessly in providing great support to the store, the attitude was friendly and the team was nice and dedicated. Management was also helpful.

Pros

Meal Breaks

fun workplace

Work place is fun to work but with limited career opportunity. Colleagues are friendly and management listens to staff. Sometimes work pressure is overwhelming as only limited number of staff are assigned.

Review

I thoroughly enjoyed working there even though it was only a short contract but overall I enjoy the experience and invaluable skills I learn from the logistic centre It gave me a stepping stone where I can utilised what I know to further my skills experience and advanced my future into the unknown. Thank you so much for the experience gained. Much appreciate.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Good company although, Hard hours from 6-11am every day not leaving much time for uni.

Very hard hours and a lot of lifting although paid leave and sick leave benefits were extremely good, getting paid in full for sick days and earning 4 weeks of paid leave per year.

Productive and fun place.

I have learned many things from this job: 1. how to handle and and work in different situations 2. how to deal with customer 3. self confidence The place is really outstanding and enjoyable.

Pros

Employees are like good friends

Logistic Assistant review

Fulfillment center in Sydney. They have good managers, good people to work with, can be busy during seasonal sales. A lot of staff discounts and staff benefits.

Great Compant to work for.

Great people and great team, here in David Jones. is great to know my managers and other employess really care about us and customers.

Pros

diccount clothes

Cons

part time

Veri high standards, very professional presentation

Day to day was always busy environment in the dock where I worked. Enjoyed the staff I worked with. We worked well as a team. My Boss was awesome, she always looked after her staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Jones. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• David Jones
  • Logistics Assistant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?