David Jones
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

David Jones Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance
3.3Pay & Benefits

Co-operative team

It was fun to work with them. Really helpful staff and love to work but their pay rate is not fair. Don't get enough shifts and long standing hours if you get enough hours.

Pros

Great discounts

Cons

Less hours(shifts)

They barely pay minimum wage and they still try to short change you!

Initially I was not paid for the hours and hours I spent training. Some of that training was even spent on the floor! So, basically they tried to me as free labour. I repeatedly raised this issue with my manager because we were not allowed to contact payroll directly. It took her almost three months to forward the email on to payroll. Then the payroll employee she contacted went on leave and could not action it for another three months. Does only one person work in payroll in this huge organisation? Then you will find yourself axed when you finally force the issue! But hey, that was all just a coincidence, right? No, they took issue with the fact that your area was untidy when Visual Merchandising came to visit before opening one morning. No mention of the fact that you were only rostered on for five hours on the previous day. Two and a half of those were spent downstairs in the freezing cold handing out flyers, and the other half was spent trying to make sales targets. I was on my hands and knees in the babywear section trying to tidy it up when a woman approached me asking how to order a pram. I went into that section and lo and behold no staff were available. When one finally showed up she had no clue how to do it, so I called my manager for help. Did she come? no, and while I was busy with someone else that staff member told her to come back the next day. Somehow I got the blame for that as well!!

Fun workplace with kind colleagues

I was responsible for advising clients based on their fashion styles and promoting suitable products to them to increase sales. And I sorted and organized the records of the sales in the information system and communicated with the warehouse staff to ensure stock adequacy. This job offered wonderful working environment and high compensation, and enhanced my communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks. The hardest part was that it was too busy during Chirstmas so the workload was overwhelming. However, the colleagues were very friendly and caring there.

Fun place to work. Team members are friendly and collaborative.

Fun. Encouraging team members. Staff benefits. Positive environment. Work is fun and I always look forward for the next shift. Meeting different people gives you a lot of learning in a short time.

David Jones

Long time ago that I worked at DJs but it was a lovely time and great staff ,benefits were good too If I was looking again I would not hesitate to apply

Not bad at all

Had good memories there. Fast-paced but fun. People who work there are friendly with each other. The pay was good for a student like me at the time. Staff discounts. Can't complain.

Challenging work environment which becomes stressful at times

work on production issues always served with new challenge in terms of user reported incidents overnight batch process is not stable salary is average

Poor management & training

I never received training whilst working for the company. However, I met lovely co- workers, who were willing to assist me whenever possible. Though most staff were friendly, there definitely were unpleasant ones who became irritated when I asked for help. This goes for some managers I encountered as well. Particularly the store manager, who was passive aggressive & hostile. On my first shift I was left unsupervised for 3 hours, and throughout my time of employment it was common for me, along with other staff to work alone within a department. The conditions of the staff room weren’t very sanitary either. In the bag locker room there was a stack of used & mouldy dishes. An awful stench came from that area. Management knew of this, never dealt with it. Miscommunication was also a major issue within the store, which often resulted in tension forming between co-workers. Don’t recommend it.

Pros

Friendly staff. Good discounts and employee benefits.

Cons

Management is strongly disorganised. Understaffed. No training.

Pay not good

We haven't been paid fairly. Paid less and no sickie paid. Not even paid once for a sick call. I had more than 150 hours of sick call left before I left the job.

not enough support for staff

left here cause I had a nervous break down, staff wasn't supported enough as manager changed way to much. otherwise would of been an amazing place to work

Pros

you can move up in your role, good staff benefits and great discounts

Cons

not enough support

Jobs at David Jones

See more jobs

Wasting time

poor management,Double standard, poor teamleadership, low pay. They do not appreciate for your effort and contribution. I won't recommend any job in DJ to my friends as they deserve a better job.

Pros

staff discount? sorry, not to contractor

Cons

poor system, high volume of work and never to be end

Excellent Working Environment and Culture

Best work place culture. It's a fun place to work at with amazing colleague who always have your back. The amount of things you learn at work is a lot and very beneficial for enhancung your communication skills and boosting your confidence.

Pros

-Good Salary -Good Management -Good Work place culture -Supportive Colleagues

Cons

Tough to work if you do not have fairly good communication skills

Good work

Good work environment and employees. Very good policies and procedures and fair practices. Good perks and compensation benefits. Great discount on products.

Good company although, Hard hours from 6-11am every day not leaving much time for uni.

Very hard hours and a lot of lifting although paid leave and sick leave benefits were extremely good, getting paid in full for sick days and earning 4 weeks of paid leave per year.

Flexibility

David Jones Provided a lot of flexibility and benefits for staff members. Most enjoyable were the Christmas parties and the friendships that were made.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Stock take

not the best

It was average working as a Christmas casual here. The pay wasn't the best and the management was rude. overall wouldn't recommend. Always short staffed also.

Pros

the shifts given

Cons

management

Productive and friendly workplace

Typical day at work is busy and full on with a range of benefits to come at the end of it. Hardest part of the job would be apprehending aged offenders.

Great environment

The staff all work together and create a good atmosphere. Conveniently located a short walk from the Adelaide train station, and benefits and discounts are quite good. Training provided for staff is tailored depending on tasks and requirements .

Good honest work

A fun environment to work. Plenty of overtime and a great supportive team to work with. Not as hectic as working in the flagship store in Sydney, but as rewarding in the long run.

Pros

I could walk to work.

Logistic Assistant review

Fulfillment center in Sydney. They have good managers, good people to work with, can be busy during seasonal sales. A lot of staff discounts and staff benefits.

Too much stress and not enough support

Fun culture good experience discount sales and product knowledge Not much management support very stressful environment expected to work unpaid hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Jones. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• David Jones
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?